Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

On race day it's 90% mental and 10% physical...you trained hard don't let your mind try and convince you other wise...if it's your first just try and remember it's the same as any other long run...except your with 50k other people...

Smile and just enjoy the experience...

thats pretty much what everyone keeps telling me, thanks man

Best of luck drisk34 drisk34 just remember your training and you should be successful.

Hoping to apply for the 2019 NYC Marathon.

Wife shot me down when I mentioned the 2018. Just wonder how difficult entry is since it’s a lottery/raffle.

Pretty much the SNKRS Draw of Marathon entry lol

Best of luck drisk34 drisk34 just remember your training and you should be successful.

Wife shot me down when I mentioned the 2018. Just wonder how difficult entry is since it’s a lottery/raffle.

You might be able to time qualify. I think 2:53 is the standard for the lowest age group for men for NYC so that's not too bad compared to some other world majors where the time standard is like 2:45 which is a tad harder, relatively speaking.

2:53 would be a bit tough for me, I’ll admit

Based on the last half I did, it took me 1:37 to finish, so this would lead me to believe I’d finish a little over the 3hr mark

Last edited:
2:53 would be a bit tough for me, I’ll admit

Based on the last half I did, it took me 1:37 to finish, so this would leave me to believe I’d finish a little over the 3hr mark

You might be able to get in via charity. Raising money is a pain though! Good luck with the lottery!

Last year it was about 16.5% chance to get in via lottery. I live in nyc and ran on the marathon course many many times so once was enough for me. Like to travel out of state or internationally now.

Heads up. NIKE have shown off their fall 18/19 colourways for racing spikes and flates. White/Black is an option, so expect the White/Black Vaporfly 4% to be on sale around October-December time.

8ee990864735361dadf7949744fe54b8d3fbe400.jpg

damn, blk/wht by oct-dec, more than a year after the models initial release

i assume all those spikes has zoomx? if true, i am curious how that very thin layer feels, never really ran in spikes but i always assumed they have a barefoot feel for the most part like flats?

thanks for the pic, if you ever get the running page please post them

Could those be bostons? I figure it would have had some green in it but volt is cool though it should have extended to the toe stripes and maybe even the swoosh.

dont get excited about these Nike collabs anymore

shoe was impossible to obtain first time around and can't imagine it being any different this go around. Quite honestly, because of the plate in either shoe, I can't see myself wearing any VF or ZF for casual use.

they're really going to release the first sp with a black upper as an impossible pair to get?

:smh:

ED6F73FA-0022-49FC-9DCA-7F1E2340CC9C.png
Could those be bostons? I figure it would have had some green in it but volt is cool though it should have extended to the toe stripes and maybe even the swoosh.

It looks like Boston could get the new Pegasus as its shoe instead of a ZF SP.

interesting because the Peg35 isn't due out til 5/31 according to RRS but then again that might just be a placeholder date

it's also kind of weird because I know that Nikes top competitors will still be wearing VFs

interesting because the Peg35 isn't due out til 5/31 according to RRS but then again that might just be a placeholder date

it's also kind of weird because I know that Nikes top competitors will still be wearing VFs

Yes. I think all the top competitors will be wearing the VF with some inthe VF Elite as Galen and Jordan have been spotted in them in tune up races or training pics.

Nike has done shoe releases for major marathons for years. Most of the time these shoes are trainers and not intended to be worn on race day but to be worn after to show your pride for competing in the race similar to the race t shirts.

Wish I was inBoston to get an early pair of the new Pegs. I noticed the RW had the Pegs listed as coming soon a few weeks back. They indicated a April release before they were taken down from the site.

That shoe in the photo seems to have the "wrinkly" zoomx like the VF, no?

It does look similar. However, current non-zoomx shoes such as the elite 9 have midsoles that wrinkle easy, or look wrinkled when they are brand new.

Are the shoes already all reserved? I can book a spot for the workout, im saying I want to reserve a pair, but all sizes are greyed out :smh:

Mens 9.5 just appeared. Now reserved. We’ll see if they fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom