Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

It’s marathon week so time to get hyped with a replay of the Berlin Marathon (race starts at 0:34:00)

Last edited:
Yes I noticed that Dicks restock earlier. Nikes restock is supposed to be 11/01 (at least in NYC store restock). The shoe is on display but says not to be sold until 11/01.

Anyone race in the Vf1’s and the VF2’s. I bought 2 pairs. One in tts and one a half size up.

Here are my concerns for NYC next Sunday.

1) Half size up has serious heel slippage just walking around.

2) TTS feels too snug.

I’ve read it’ll give a little after some miles but that’s not encouraging. The VF1’s felt perfect fit right out of the box. Reviewers seem to agree that these V2’s overall feel better (especially on downhills).

Any runners can shed some light?

Yes I noticed that Dicks restock earlier. Nikes restock is supposed to be 11/01 (at least in NYC store restock). The shoe is on display but says not to be sold until 11/01.

Anyone race in the Vf1’s and the VF2’s. I bought 2 pairs. One in tts and one a half size up.

2) TTS feels too snug.

I’ve read it’ll give a little after some miles but that’s not encouraging. The VF1’s felt perfect fit right out of the box. Reviewers seem to agree that these V2’s overall feel better (especially on downhills).

I’m no marathoner (yet) but I too had those same issues. 12.5 was too snug and 13 has some heel slippage. I returned the 12.5 because the more I ran in it 15-20 miles it did not give (or as much as I thought it would) and ended up causing more discomfort in the long run. 13 isn’t too bad once I get moving, but I also coupled it with some stance socks. Half size up feels much better than the tts for me. YMMV.

I’m no marathoner (yet) but I too had those same issues. 12.5 was too snug and 13 has some heel slippage. I returned the 12.5 because the more I ran in it 15-20 miles it did not give (or as much as I thought it would) and ended up causing more discomfort in the long run. 13 isn’t too bad once I get moving, but I also coupled it with some stance socks. Half size up feels much better than the tts for me. YMMV.
appreciate the feedback. Glad you got yours to workout. You must be a tall dude lol.

Did you try thin socks before returning?

Currently wearing somewhat thick socks in my house with them on to see if it’ll give a little. Wearing very thin socks race day

appreciate the feedback. Glad you got yours to workout. You must be a tall dude lol.

Did you try thin socks before returning?

Currently wearing somewhat thick socks in my house with them on to see if it’ll give a little. Wearing very thin socks race day

Nah, I’m 5’7...5’8 on a good day :lol:

I have a few different type of running socks, some of the thinner Nike running ones and some thicker ones. The stance ones I have now seem to be in between, but the thicker Nike seem to work best with the half size up pair. The stance work well too. I have yet to try the thin ones with my half size up pair.

Maybe the thin ones will work for you in your tts pair?

Nah, I’m 5’7...5’8 on a good day :lol:

I have a few different type of running socks, some of the thinner Nike running ones and some thicker ones. The stance ones I have now seem to be in between, but the thicker Nike seem to work best with the half size up pair. The stance work well too. I have yet to try the thin ones with my half size up pair.

Maybe the thin ones will work for you in your tts pair?
Haha. Yepp perhaps, appreciate the insight!

2) TTS feels too snug.

I grabbed the VF FK in a half sizer larger than my original VF not by choice but because they didn’t carry my size in my LRC. I wore them out of the box in the Chicago Marathon and had no issues.

It felt like the heel of one shoe was a little loose when I was waiting for the race to start but once I started running this wasn’t an issue.

I wouldn’t worry about the size difference.

I grabbed the VF FK in a half sizer larger than my original VF not by choice but because they didn’t carry my size in my LRC. I wore them out of the box in the Chicago Marathon and had no issues.

It felt like the heel of one shoe was a little loose when I was waiting for the race to start but once I started running this wasn’t an issue.

I wouldn’t worry about the size difference.
Thanks man! That’s good to know. I think I’ll go TTS though. I can tolerate a little tightness pain. Don’t think I’ll be able to do well with the thought of heel slippage.

Plantar fasciitis is a serious pain in the rear-end. The shoe should be a little snug.

Did you have a good race?

Thanks man! That’s good to know. I think I’ll go TTS though. I can tolerate a little tightness pain. Don’t think I’ll be able to do well with the thought of heel slippage.

Plantar fasciitis is a serious pain in the rear-end. The shoe should be a little snug.

Did you have a good race?

I had a great race in Chicago. It was the first marathon where I didn’t hit the wall. I think the VF FK contributed to this but I was also really focused on my mental preparation and this played a big part getting me through a couple of rough patches without falling off pace.

Best of luck in NYC. It’s a great race.

these looks like those really old waffle runners in this cw
20181028092442_original.jpg

20181028092443_original.jpg

2) TTS feels too snug.

I think you've already made the same conclusion but I'd personally go with TTS.

I've only worn the TTS VF FKs and I don't think I could go up half a size. TTS does feel slightly snug but they're perfect in length. And even TTS, I felt some minor heel slip... going up half a size would probably feel sloppy. I just use thin socks and the Flyknit just disappears on my feet after a few kilometers.

Fleet Feet has a restock going on right now (that's the second one I've seen since release day). Eastbay has a count down timer indicating they got a restock and are releasing it tomorrow. Dicks also still has decent stock remaining from their restock over the weekend. Plus Nike indicated they will have the VF FK back in stock on Thurs.

All in all, availability of the VF FK has been really good. Let's hope Nike can keep that trend going in the future.

Nike just posted VF Elite Flyprint on SNKRS....hmm what could it mean?

Nike just posted VF Elite Flyprint on SNKRS....hmm what could it mean?
F*UK yea.....

Going to assume a MUCH wider release then last years 4% Elites (or whatever they were called) and at a much less retail price then $800.....

Make sure you Like that pic....

Hopefully push details will be out in the next 24 hours....

#MarathonSeason

Back
Top Bottom