Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

might wait out for the black pair
57068601_1516590298478392_5130502172145550921_n.jpg

black one looks real nice. prob gonna wait to see other colors that release as well and to wait for reviews

for this interested, they should be dropping on the 28th 7am PST

NYRR popular Brooklyn half is coming up

Guarantee you will see a good number of people in them

I know the drop date is 4/28. Any info on the process for securing them? Is it 10am on NDC?

Also, anyone know if they'll be available at NIKE Flatiron in NYC?

probably still too expensive to mass produce and gon' have $500+ price tag if released so they needed to make an upper that's more "reasonable"

What happened to the flyprint? Thought that was the new wave now they got vapor fabric?

Seriously feel like Nike missed out on an opportunity with the Flyprints.

On a side note, I hope all the resellers get stuck with them now. Runners will always move on to the latest and best tech out there...it's not like a sig or casual shoe that will hold value over time.

probably still too expensive to mass produce and gon' have $500+ price tag if released so they needed to make an upper that's more "reasonable"
My question now is what’s the difference between this and the stuff used on the 87 or EXP upper...

i don't think the general public is ready for a $500+ running shoes

the next% is already $300+ after tax and that is really, REALLY pushing it

I don't think a general release would have been the way to go either but they obviously want to push the NRC app. Could have had mileage/pace requirements within the app to unlock the ability to purchase to ensure they get into the hands of runners.

My question now is what’s the difference between this and the stuff used on the 87 or EXP upper...

wouldn't be surprised if its the same :lol:

I don't think a general release would have been the way to go either but they obviously want to push the NRC app. Could have had mileage/pace requirements within the app to unlock the ability to purchase to ensure they get into the hands of runners.

they've been pushing the nrc app for a while now to be fair, they gave out a chance to buy VFs early where you are entered into a raffle if you ran a certain amount of miles/kms and they did do that when the flyprint went on sale last so only runners were able to reserve a pair iirc

i am sure that upper will pop-up again, probably for the next london marathon but with the next% midsole just like they'd probably put flyknit on the same midsole next year or if flyprints cheap enough, maybe that becomes the VF gen 4?

What happened to the flyprint? Thought that was the new wave now they got vapor fabric?
FlyPrint is a 3D printing. Which is good (great) for customization (personalized) such as VF Elite ones, to match each athletes (exactly unique).

There's no point using flyprint for mass production.

--

I am not comfortable with the green CW .But the black one looks cool.

But, i am more into zoomfly. I think it is worth to wait ZoomFly Vaporweave (or just call it ZF3). Or something like ZFSP, with react and carbon plates.

Seriously feel like Nike missed out on an opportunity with the Flyprints.

On a side note, I hope all the resellers get stuck with them now. Runners will always move on to the latest and best tech out there...it's not like a sig or casual shoe that will hold value over time.

The possible issue is that the IAAF and other governing bodies are leaning more towards enforcing the "available to the public" aspect of their rules. The initial 4% and the not-available-to-the-public Elite iterations, and the complaints of other manufacturers, caused the IAAF to start implying that they were going to take a hard look at the spirit of the rule and more strict enforcement.

Other than the name being horrible, how are we feeling about this vaporweave upper?

I prefer it over flyknit. I feel like flyknit is better for the avg runner/general public but isn't the best possible solution from a performance perspective. Flyknit is heavier, isn't as breathable, and retains moisture far worse than the OG VF, Flyprint, or this new Vaporweave upper.

Back
Top Bottom