Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

the competition

missing is the hoka carbon x which i sort of want to try

everyone else can put a plate on their shoes but can they put air pods or regular air on theirs?

also touching up on adidas' lack of effort, how is skechers killing you in the running game or any sports really...?

To be fair, sketchers doesn't have any shame and their game is to copy what others have been doing (which in of itself is fine given that if it makes it so people who can afford sketchers and like them can run in something sorta similar that makes sense) but I honestly feel like adidas has to be careful because they know if they suddenly come up with a vaporfly clone they would get absolutely slammed /clowned by everyone because they're really the only high profile shoe brand up there with Nike so they have to come up with something different enough that it doesn't look bad.

Wonder why the swap to a composite plate for the everyday training shoes.

I went through a period where I was only wearing plated shoes (Zoom Fly 3 , Zoom Fly Flyknit, Vaporfly Next%) and didn’t mix it up at all with any other shoes.

Felt abnormally sore or just “different” for a bit but found it went away after throwing in some non-plated shoes.

the composite is for a softer ride and so you can run longer and farther i guess, its also why it has a thicker midsole since its not legal anyways

Felt abnormally sore or just “different” for a bit but found it went away after throwing in some non-plated shoes.

this is also why i feel the pegasus turbo is a key shoe in their line-up, a lot here got pains and issues when simply training/running in plated shoes, the turbos give you a break from that while still retaining the zoomx

then again nike probably heard those complaints and made the plates softer along with more midsole to prevent such injuries and it can become the pegturbo replacement?

its just so... plain, mediocre in design, it already looks 10 years old

1581517267127.png

the competition

missing is the hoka carbon x which i sort of want to try

everyone else can put a plate on their shoes but can they put air pods or regular air on theirs?

also touching up on adidas' lack of effort, how is skechers killing you in the running game or any sports really...?

Funny you mention Adidas. Going with the comment above yours about how four or five years ago not nearly as many were wearing Nike. The last Adidas shoes where I've owned more than one pair was the Boston 3. I loved that shoe. Then the owner of my local running store got the Zoom Elite 4 into my head. I didn't buy a pair of the 4s, but did buy a pair of the 5s when they came out. From that moment, I was a total Zoom Elite convert. The Zoom Elite 9 may be the best shoe ever for me. The Zoom Streak (the 6 and 7) during that period was the perfect racing companion to the Elite. The OG 4% was too wide in the forefoot (and noisy!) for me, but the 4%FK was perfect. The Next% is even better. I miss the Zoom Elite, but I'm hopeful for the next Peg. I hope the rumors are true of it being more like the Elite than any previous Peg. And the newly announced shoes take all of this yet another level. It's going to be an interesting next few months!

Are those ZOOMX Racers with or without a CF plate?

they just might since NBs has a racing flat with a plate on deck, this ones supposedly $200 though

and it looks like its gon' be raining running shoes with cf plates in the coming weeks so it complies via world athletics rules

I won't be surprised Nike will start putting zoom pods on most of their shoes. I wonder if the midsole is react. Otherwise, that J pair might be similar to SuperRep.

I won't be surprised Nike will start putting zoom pods on most of their shoes. I wonder if the midsole is react. Otherwise, that J pair might be similar to SuperRep.
Nothing wrong with that. I have the SuperRep and they are comfy.

when will I be able to get the marathon shoe and the trainer in a sze 14?

I'm assuming you mean the alphafly and the tempo?

I think its likely they'll make up to size 15 in the Tempo but for the alphafly its really anybody's guess. All of the VF had a weird thing where some colorways had size 14 and 15 but others didn't.

I'm assuming you mean the alphafly and the tempo?

I think its likely they'll make up to size 15 in the Tempo but for the alphafly its really anybody's guess. All of the VF had a weird thing where some colorways had size 14 and 15 but others didn't.

honestly, i don't know. just in the last few weeks found these shoes.

can't find a marathon (guessing that is VF) in a size 14 anywhere. i noticed they said they were making a training model of it so I'm interested in that. when do both come out?

honestly, i don't know. just in the last few weeks found these shoes.

can't find a marathon (guessing that is VF) in a size 14 anywhere. i noticed they said they were making a training model of it so I'm interested in that. when do both come out?

Training version is the Tempo Next% and it's out Summer 2020. No date yet. Alphafly is coming out for Nike Members Feb 29 (probably very limited) and then the general release sometime later not sure yet when.

Training version is the Tempo Next% and it's out Summer 2020. No date yet. Alphafly is coming out for Nike Members Feb 29 (probably very limited) and then the general release sometime later not sure yet when.

thanks how do i get to be a nike member?

Back
Top Bottom