Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

All these running clothes talks reminds me of so-called baller who fully dress up from headband, arm sleeve, knee sleeves, wrist band, jordan XI, but so-so baller skill :lol:.

Speaking of running clothes, I tried on this Nike Phenom Elite Pant at local DSG, oh man, I could not even put my leg through. :lol:

i love the tailwind and how small it is (despite my gigantic head) because when the hats too big it pushes the arm of my shades down and it starts to hurt after a few miles

ive been looking for a good shades from both nike and oakley but i keep going back to goodr bfg (again, made for giant heads), i also dont want to spend too much in it because i am pretty rough with it just tossing it around but if i find one that wont fog up when i have a mask on (not uust during covid times but when its cold) then i might be willing to spend more

hate brief liners, i‘ll be honest, i am not sure if i am suppose to be wearing tighty whities with them lr go commando, im more or a running shorts/compression baselayer so damn brief/basket liners just bugs the hell out of me

i also like running in pants and maybe got way too much, got half a dozen swift pants but i do love them, also got a few phenoms and eye-ing those elite future fasts

as for socks, i mostly rock asics just because nike doesnt have quarter options until recently, it was either no show or crew and i cant wear crew socks, just too itchy on my calves

i do wear elite bball socks a lot for runs because i love the extra cushioning but i fold them down because the quarter versions are difficult to find

speaking of non-nikes, i was in love with hill city but they are going out of business, their running shorts were nice because the liner has pockets big enough for the phones in the thigh and they had these super-lightweight pants that weighed almost nothing, its crazy and i think their downfall is not enough colors, they sicked to darker colors too much but they did have a lifetime warranty that if anything happens at any time you can return/exchange them which made up for the somewhat premium price

kind of curious about lululemons offering but theyre pricey too

and for tanks, i do wear themed ones (superhero, cartoons, etc...) from hot topic :lol: trying to change that

i apologize if there were too much detail there and probably do belong in its own thread :lol:

For glasses I use the Oakley EV Zeros. They just disappear on your face. So light and never move.

^^^
might check those oakleys out next time i go to the outlets

Speaking of running clothes, I tried on this Nike Phenom Elite Pant at local DSG, oh man, I could not even put my leg through. :lol:

yah some of their pants are pretty much a little looser on the thigh and then almost compression in the calves, just got to size up

i like the matching jacket for thos pants though, reminds me of the ones they release during the olympics in brazil iirc

1600138397915.jpeg

Given the sheer quantity of different shirts, pants, shorts, accessories Nike has under the Running category I am SHOCKED there aren't as many Youtube reviews or dedicated forums discussing the various models.

as for yt reviews, ginger runner is the only one i know that does his favorite gear at the end of the year and he’s a trail runner so includes vests and packable jackets and stuff

its not exclusively nike either so its a good variety of brands

Just had my first run in the Tempo Next% and I have to admit I'm confused by all the negative reviews, these were brilliant. Easy to just cruise in.

I'm just coming back from a tibia stress fracture so didn't push anything, just a mini fartlek with a couple of 30 - 60 secs bursts at HM pace and they handled everything perfectly, easy or hard. Massive improvement on the Zoom Fly 3 which was kinda dead for me and these will definitely be staying in my rotation moving forward.

A few of the negative reviews seem to be from guys with bigger sizes, whereas I'm a UK 9.5/US 10.5 and a forefoot striker, so perhaps it just works better for my size/gait.

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 233
hate brief liners, i‘ll be honest, i am not sure if i am suppose to be wearing tighty whities with them lr go commando, im more or a running shorts/compression baselayer so damn brief/basket liners just bugs the hell out of me

i also like running in pants and maybe got way too much, got half a dozen swift pants but i do love them, also got a few phenoms and eye-ing those elite future fasts

i do wear elite bball socks a lot for runs because i love the extra cushioning but i fold them down because the quarter versions are difficult to find

I got two of the 2-in-1 shorts to try today; the Flex Swift in Black, and the Future Fast Stride in Beetroot. Haven’t tried a short w/ a liner built in before.

I’ve loved the aeroswift “color shift” 1/2 tights over the summer. Just go commando in those when it’s over 100 out and there’s no problem.

I picked up a few of the AeroSwift singlets at the beginning of summer too, and they’ve completely replaced my old running shirts. Fit is great. Even found some of last year’s version on Ebay on deep discount. This year’s model is shorter, and slightly wider at your lats than the previous version, but the rate at which they dry and for how light they are, they can’t be beat.

Love the swift pant. Also have two of the Future Fast Elites (w/ the color shift on the legs). They fit very small compared to the equivalent sized Swift pant.

I’ve found my favorite Nike sock is their USFootball Vapor sock. Cushion on the bottom and toes, but thin over the top of the foot. Good blend of padding but still breathable and not overly thick once on the leg.

As we’re talking running gear, has anyone tried the Nike Breaking2 Running Sleeves. I’ve had my eye on these for a while and wonder if their worth the price.

As we’re talking running gear, has anyone tried the Nike Breaking2 Running Sleeves. I’ve had my eye on these for a while and wonder if their worth the price.

I have those and love them. Honestly they don’t really do anything fancy, just some extra flair. So are they worth $40, debatable BUT they do protect your arms from the direct sunlight and keep your arms slightly cooler. Not to mention if you like running in tanks, they’re a cool accessory. I had to go a size up after first order. The engineered mesh is breathable but be weary, it’ll snag and tear quickly on any and everything. My left one has a hole in it. If you have any fitness accessories or jewelry you wear, put them on after.

Was going to see if they do a release a white pair or any other colors before ordering another pair.

I have those and love them. Honestly they don’t really do anything fancy, just some extra flair. So are they worth $40, debatable BUT they do protect your arms from the direct sunlight and keep your arms slightly cooler. Not to mention if you like running in tanks, they’re a cool accessory. I had to go a size up after first order. The engineered mesh is breathable but be weary, it’ll snag and tear quickly on any and everything. My left one has a hole in it. If you have any fitness accessories or jewelry you wear, put them on after.

Was going to see if they do a release a white pair or any other colors before ordering another pair.
Thanks for the info. I think I’ll grab a pair.

Shorts:
Pearl Izumi Fly/Fly Split/Ultra >>>>>
Patagoina Strider Pro 5’
Rabbit FTK 4’
TNF Better Than Naked (2015)

Shirts/Tanks:
Ordered a few Nike and NB singlets from RH, or just a regualr gym shirt

Socks:
Nike elite
Injinji
NB
Stance

misc:
Body Glide- Big Quads (shorts ride up thigh)
I heard using hair spray works too?

Just had my first run in the Tempo Next% and I have to admit I'm confused by all the negative reviews, these were brilliant. Easy to just cruise in.

I'm just coming back from a tibia stress fracture so didn't push anything, just a mini fartlek with a couple of 30 - 60 secs bursts at HM pace and they handled everything perfectly, easy or hard. Massive improvement on the Zoom Fly 3 which was kinda dead for me and these will definitely be staying in my rotation moving forward.

A few of the negative reviews seem to be from guys with bigger sizes, whereas I'm a UK 9.5/US 10.5 and a forefoot striker, so perhaps it just works better for my size/gait.

I'm a US12 and I like the Tempo Next%. After around 120 miles on them so far, the only "issue" I have with them is that, like all of the ZoomX shoes, they're *really* noisy. I'm a quiet runner - when I'm wearing most any shoe I don't make much noise on foot strike, but man, in the Tempo I sound like a Tyrannosaurus Rex stomping around. The one oddity that I have is that when walking, the right shoe has a squeak, but doesn't when running...and the left shoe is quiet when walking, but has a weird squeak when running. Overall and very generally, I think the shoe is relatively close to the Zoom Fly

The only real change I would make to the shoe is to just go with an all foam midsole rather than the exposed air pods.

just got my free tempos -- so if you look at the writing on the medial heel... it's the print that they were using to go with the olympics. so my guess for what's going on here is that instead of going the alphafly route and re-painting/branding the soles (or at least that's what I'm guessing happened since I haven't seen enough of the olympic text version of that colorway in the wild to make me think they were released en masse), they just decided to give them away. maybe this was an early batch they planned on using for some type of promotion/marketing during in the run up to the olympics so they were already on a ship heading stateside by the time the olympics were officially postponed? will be interesting to see what the text says on the pairs that ship directly from nike once the shoe officially releases stateside (these didn't come from nike directly, they came from recon nw).
IMG_6232.jpg

edit: also just noticed on the box -- there's no price tag or notches where the price tag was removed. assuming this is consistent with everyone else's, would add additional support in favor of them not being destined for a US gr release.

Last edited:
just got my free tempos -- so if you look at the writing on the medial heel... it's the print that they were using to go with the olympics. so my guess for what's going on here is that instead of going the alphafly route and re-painting/branding the soles (or at least that's what I'm guessing happened since I haven't seen enough of the olympic text version of that colorway in the wild to make me think they were released en masse), they just decided to give them away. maybe this was an early batch they planned on using for some type of promotion/marketing during in the run up to the olympics so they were already on a ship heading stateside by the time the olympics were officially postponed? will be interesting to see what the text says on the pairs that ship directly from nike once the shoe officially releases stateside (these didn't come from nike directly, they came from recon nw).
IMG_6232.jpg

edit: also just noticed on the box -- there's no price tag or notches where the price tag was removed. assuming this is consistent with everyone else's, would add additional support in favor of them not being destined for a US gr release.
Look at the inner tag; it should have the build date which could predate the cancellation of the olympics?

Vaporfly by you available again on EU site. Put in an order for a clean white pair just in time for winter 😅
0332406B-3799-41B9-8B5E-4AA6B729784B.png

I'm debating whether or not to draw the black line through the midsole like the OG 4%s had on them

1600194167849.png
That would definitely be a nice touch. Keep in mind...some custom work that appears simple sometimes turns out to be a pain in the *** 😆. It’s happen to me.

Back
Top Bottom