Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Looks like I was fast enough despite not thinking so, just got the Alphafly Kenya from the Future of Fast challenge from the NRC app. Can’t wait to get these in hand (or on foot).

FC361001-7A21-4C3C-9861-AF0388F74D6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw a guy a few days ago with the mangos on, they’re actually quite nice in the flesh. Bit too loud for me personally though. Waiting on a black/dark pair then I’m done with the AFN.

Got the Kenya’s in today. Absolutely beautiful colourway. Will most likely get rid of the Olympic/watermelon pair.

A553F231-EE4C-4C38-BB4E-A3DCC06259B0.jpeg
D3B89337-8CF8-4EF6-98DE-BC515442047E.jpeg
2FCC99D1-3A5E-486B-983F-61ADA076607A.jpeg

I have access to a size 10. I’m not copping but am willing to help out a fellow NT’er if interested.

I’m in SoCal by the way.

DF0BADC5-39CD-43A8-BF3C-302B73CFD2A0.png

im not the biggest fan of white when it comes to running shoes but the mangoes just too close to bright crimson

Got the reservation and the pair in my cart, I have two pairs of AFs already. A white pair will dirty easy. And sadly I haven’t run in the AF to know if I want a third pair.

Are they similar to the Tempo in clunkiness?

Got the reservation and the pair in my cart, I have two pairs of AFs already. A white pair will dirty easy. And sadly I haven’t run in the AF to know if I want a third pair.

from the reviews, i think these work better than tempos in terms of smoothness and ride.

then again, the two shoes are not meant for the same purpose and there’s a reason why the AF are the top tier racing shoe from nike

Not at all clunky, the ride is very smooth. I like the Tempo but agree that at slower paces they aren't as nice as when you're going faster. From my brief runs in the alphafly, I can tell you that they're really smooth at all paces for me imo

I’m okay on those. Especially since they’re a running shoe under the guise of a fashion.

And thanks for the AF feedback, guys.

I bit the bullet and grabbed a pair of the Eliud AFs. I didn’t expect these to get a US release so it was a bit of an impulse buy.

I wasn’t sure how hard it would be to get the Mango AF so I took these while I could but would’ve preferred the pair with the Kenyan colors on the heel.

I‘m probably going to pick up the Mango Tempo Next at some point so I won’t be missing out on the Mango craze.

Not at all clunky, the ride is very smooth. I like the Tempo but agree that at slower paces they aren't as nice as when you're going faster. From my brief runs in the alphafly, I can tell you that they're really smooth at all paces for me imo
Almost every review of the Tempo characterizes them as a bad shoe for easy running. I really think you need to try these for yourself as I’ve had no issue at all in paces from 5:00 to 7:00 per mile.

Back
Top Bottom