Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

:lol:

overreacting over an ounce, unless you're gon' be running for your PR and training or it daily, its not gon matter as much

im with you if its a couple of ounce heavier but 1-1.5oz is perfectly fine especially if you've been running in them, many wont even notice

we just extra picky here because its fun measuring stack heights and weighing by the grams

but if you're a super serious runner or on an elite level, you're gon focus on VF and AF where they are still among the lightest out there at 6.6oz and 7.4oz respectively

in comparison (just because its fun)

carbon x 2 - 8.4oz
bondi x - 11oz
tocket x - 7.4oz
rc elite 2 - 7.7oz
endorphin pro 2 - 7.5oz
metaspeed sky - 7.3oz
metaspeed edge - 6.6oz
hyperion elite 2 - 7.5oz
adios pro 2 - 7.5oz
adios prime x - 9.2oz
deviate nitro elite - 6.:nerd:z

for the most part, VF still the lightest among the comp

And EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE is an absolute brick. Pretty much every other major manufacturer has a daily trainer in the 8.0-9.0oz range. When every Nike is an ounce heavier, that's A LOT of extra weight over the course of a long run. That's an extra pound that your legs have to move every 16 strides compared to other shoes.
I guess I'm not sure what you're comparing to. For example:

overreacting over an ounce, unless you're gon' be running for your PR and training or it daily, its not gon matter as much

im with you if its a couple of ounce heavier but 1-1.5oz is perfectly fine especially if you've been running in them, many wont even notice

we just extra picky here because its fun measuring stack heights and weighing by the grams

but if you're a super serious runner or on an elite level, you're gon focus on VF and AF where they are still among the lightest out there at 6.6oz and 7.4oz respectively

carbon x 2 - 8.4oz
bondi x - 11oz
tocket x - 7.4oz
rc elite 2 - 7.7oz
endorphin pro 2 - 7.5oz
metaspeed sky - 7.3oz
metaspeed edge - 6.6oz
hyperion elite 2 - 7.5oz
adios pro 2 - 7.5oz
adios prime x - 9.2oz

And if we're talking neutral daily trainers, heavy is the norm...

Peg 38 - 9.3 - 10.2 oz. for M size 9 (not sure why there's so much variance in the weights from different sites)
Brooks Ghost 14 - 9.9 oz.
Brooks Glycerin 19 - 10.2 oz.
Brooks Levitate 5 - 10.4 oz.
NB 1080v11 - 9.3 oz.
NB Beacon v3 - 8.2 oz.
NB Rebel v2 - 7.2 oz.
Saucony Ride 14 - 9.4 oz.
Saucony Triumph 19 - 10.2 oz.
Saucony Endorphin Shift 2 - 10.1 oz.
Adidas Boston 10 - 10.0 oz.
Adidas Solarboost 3 - 10.7 oz.
Adidas SolarGlide 4 - 11.2 oz.
Asics Novablast 2 - 9.7 oz.
Asics Nimbus Lite 2 - 9.7 oz.
Asics Cumulus 23 - 9.5 oz.
Hoka Clifton 8 - 8.9 oz.
Hoka Mach 4 - 8.0 oz.
Hoka Rincon 3 - 7.3 oz.

Last edited:
yah im down the rabbit hole now too :rofl: but thanks for saving me the trouble of posting those

but im surprised the IR2 and Invincibles are 9.:nerd:z and 9.9oz, theyre lighter than the peg38, for a max cushion shoe thats great

while ultraboost 21 is at 12oz and vomeros 10.2oz and even the endorphin shift surprisingly at 10.4oz and bondis at 10.7oz

so Nikes actually one of the lightest when it comes to max cushioned? I dont know which NB is he maxed, i know its fresh foam something, just not sure which "V" :lol:

yah im down the rabbit hole now too :rofl: but thanks for saving me the trouble of posting those

but im surprised the IR2 and Invincibles are 9.:nerd:z and 9.9oz, theyre lighter than the peg38, for a max cushion shoe thats great

while ultraboost 21 is at 12oz and vomeros 10.2oz and even the endorphin shift surprisingly at 10.4oz and bondis at 10.7oz

so Nikes actually one of the lightest when it comes to max cushioned? I dont know which NB is he maxed, i know its fresh foam something, just not sure which "V" :lol:

Freshfoam More V3 - 10.8 oz.

I tried to avoid max cushioned shoes in my list, but maybe the Shift 2 counts?

Anyway, I think the point is that a lot of upper tier daily trainers are "heavy" by today's standards (which are probably unfairly driven by the rise of superfoams). I generally care more about the ride and step-in comfort so I use heavy shoes like the Triumph 19, More v3, and Invincible just as often as Rebel v2s, Endorphin Speeds and Pros, Vaporflys, Alphaflys, Hyperion Elite 2, Adios Pro 2, RC Elite v2, etc.

streakfly.png

and thats about 9 models?

in comparison to hoka (which admittedly doesnt have a budget runner like Nikes who has dept shoe runners at less than $100 but it competes with in price with most nikes) which probably has a lot of overlap too

rocket x
carbon x
bondi x
bondi
clifton
clifton edge
arahi
mach
gaviota
elevon
evo
hupana
akasa
Who's running in a hupana recovery shoe?

What are these? Spotted on Ben Hoffman @ ironman Chattanooga yesterday. New Alpha?
242996941_299821551490057_8795429973224460259_n.jpg
image.jpeg

Midsole looks like Tempo Next. Maybe it’s not being dropped and that’s the 2 with an upper refresh that looks more like the Vaporfly and Streakfly?

carbon x 2 - 8.4oz
bondi x - 11oz
tocket x - 7.4oz
rc elite 2 - 7.7oz
endorphin pro 2 - 7.5oz
metaspeed sky - 7.3oz
metaspeed edge - 6.6oz
hyperion elite 2 - 7.5oz
adios pro 2 - 7.5oz
adios prime x - 9.2oz

I don't think it's an overreaction when others are pointing it out as well. Why was the Peg 36 was in the mid-9oz range and the current Peg is an ounce heavier. Every Nike shoe is getting heavier, and if you don't think that makes a difference over the course of a long run, then why do they make racing shoes so much lighter? The cumulative effect is there. Fact: Nike needs something like the Elite in weight as a daily trainer. Maybe the Peg Pro will fill that void - who knows.

I still do my shorter, easier runs 6-8miles, in Peg36s. Based on some recommendations from here, I picked up some Rebel V2s. They fill the void for me. I logged a ton of miles in the original Epic React. ERs were super light and cushioned enough to go long (not fast, but easy long). Rebel V2s are pretty much ER with a better upper IMO.

I agree, Nike needs some lighter weight training options. Invincible could've been that, but they went way overboard with the ZoomX bulk.

its a fact that lighter is better in theory but you cant make eveything lighter year after year especially when you change designs and improve tech

and like i said, itll be an issue if you’re running half a marathon distance everyday but most arent, no ones trying to beat their PR everyday

running in an ounce heavier shoe 5-10 miles a week isnt gon be an issue especially if your alternatives are practically the same weight

can nike come up with a peg turbo thats 7oz for daily training? sure, are you willing to pay $200 for a pair and for it to last 150 miles?

and as just proven, nikes weight is right there with the comp if not better

people who actually are elite or competes in marathons or are triathletes (i know theres a few here) are the minority, even those who participates isnt always going to beat PR, most just run and enjoy it (and look good)

again if you want to be that precise and really take it seriously, run in VF daily or the alternatives like RC elites or endorphin pros, lots of alternative, you aint got to run in the swoosh

NB been doing great

and i love Stone Island and I am surprised they collabed using an actual performance shoes, on one hand its awesome and id run in it but on the other hand I am kind of mad because NB hype is insanely high and its gon be a headache to get a pair

its a fact that lighter is better in theory but you cant make eveything lighter year after year especially when you change designs and improve tech

I'm not saying the shoes have to get lighter...I'm just asking for them to not get heavier every new model.

eh

as for the Edd vid, fordy did his initial review as well and said the 3 and 4 weigh the same

I don't think it's an overreaction when others are pointing it out as well. Why was the Peg 36 was in the mid-9oz range and the current Peg is an ounce heavier. Every Nike shoe is getting heavier, and if you don't think that makes a difference over the course of a long run, then why do they make racing shoes so much lighter? The cumulative effect is there. Fact: Nike needs something like the Elite in weight as a daily trainer. Maybe the Peg Pro will fill that void - who knows.
Peg pros look like it has a huge sole on it so I doubt it gets lighter then the Pegs…

Back
Top Bottom