Nipsey Hussle Thread; The Marathon Continues

U wanna know what's messed up there's a compliation of the marathon Monday songs on YouTube called slauson boy same picture and everything lol it's been up for a good minute too

That wasn't the announcement... The announcement was that the first 5 people that copped Crenshaw and the first 5 that grabbed Mailbox Money will be taken into the 60s on a tour of the area that inspired Victory Lap. He's gonna play the album and narrate the songs and locations and all that.

GENIUS.

Greatest Rapper of Our Time

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] he could have sent them 10 ppl an email or something instead of getting his whole fan base excited about some **** that's not gone affect them

That wasn't the announcement... The announcement was that the first 5 people that copped Crenshaw and the first 5 that grabbed Mailbox Money will be taken into the 60s on a tour of the area that inspired Victory Lap. He's gonna play the album and narrate the songs and locations and all that.

GENIUS.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] he could have sent them 10 ppl an email or something instead of getting his whole fan base excited about some **** that's not gone affect them

idk man. i think it was a great move too.

you let your fans know that you're loyal to your loyal fans.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 NO NIP NIOOOOOOOOOOO

GENIUS.

Karen still pissed tho
laugh.gif
... Breh went rogue yesterday and the buildup kind of lost theme
1) Who's Karen?

2) You really had us gassed that the album was coming soon. 

3) That is a brilliant idea. You still pump-faked us tho.

That idea is pointless to a fan like me who looks at buying a FREE MIXTAPE as dumb & dont care bout all that extra ish and wants to just hear the album already

yeah i agree but this move might get more people to buy future free mixtapes lol

Last edited:

The idea of playing the album for those 10 ppl is straight I guess, but that's not a "Big Announcement" by any stretch of the imagination, especially when it only impacts 10 ppl and you got thousand, if not millions of fans. You telling me he that's what he been building up anticipation for? He could've simply tweeted that, not only take over a week like it's big news but then pushthe announcement back a day...for that? Why couldn't he announce that yesterday? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

And we still don't know when the album dropping

The idea of playing the album for those 10 ppl is straight I guess, but that's not a "Big Announcement" by any stretch of the imagination, especially when it only impacts 10 ppl and you got thousand, if not millions of fans. You telling me he that's what he been building up anticipation for? He could've simply tweeted that, not only take over a week like it's big news but then pushthe announcement back a day...for that? Why couldn't he announce that yesterday? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

And we still don't know when the album dropping

do you think winning the lottery is a big announcement?

Everybody expected too much. I had no hopes of any updates about the album so Im not let down at all. Also, I only checked out 1 Marathon Monday track so im excited to dl the tape with everything on it

Everybody expected too much. I had no hopes of any updates about the album so Im not let down at all. Also, I only checked out 1 Marathon Monday track so im excited to dl the tape with everything on it

exactly. to the people who actually buys his music, this is/was a big announcement.

Last edited:
do you think winning the lottery is a big announcement?

Not if I didn't play/win it...correlation?

just because it didn't affect as many people as you want doesn't mean it's not a big announcement.

That being said, I'm going to bring the 1st 5 supporters of the Crenshaw PROUD2PAY campaign and the 1st 5 supporters of the Mailbox Money PROUD2PAY campaign on a guided tour through the places and situations that VICTORY LAP was inspired by to serve as an attempt to recreate musically.

I will personally play the album and narrate and elaborate on key songs and lines. We will physically visit the locations being referenced on the album to put our feet on the ground, breath the air, taste the food, and feel climate. While we listen to the music, we will create what we coined as an:

"Intimate Multi-Sensory Music Experience"

Almost like a real life directors cut of a film.

i still don't get how this aint a dope idea or a big announcement?

Last edited:
Slauson Boy Vol. 2 OUT NOW
View media item 2135167

Tracklist
1. Ocean Views
2. Ain't Hard Enough Ft. Mozzy
3. I Do This Ft. Young Thug, Mozzy
4. Shell Shocked
5. Full Time Ft. Mitchy Slick
6. Clarity Ft. Bino Rideaux, Dave East
7. Thug Life Ft. Young Thug
8. One Hunnit
9. Picture Me Rollin Ft. Overdoz
10. Status Symbol 2 Ft. Buddy
11. Basic Instinct Ft. G Perico
12. Question #1 Ft. Snoop Dogg
13. The Field Ft. Bino Rideaux, Young Dolph
14. On The Floor Ft. Cuzzy Capone
15. Stressed Out
16. Mercy Ft. Stacy Barthe
17. Down As A Great Ft. Kirko Bangz

Last edited:
"Victory Lap" was supposed to come after "Crenshaw".  Then he dropped "Mailbox Money" which was supposedly a bunch of tracks that didn't make "Victory Lap".  "Mailbox Money" came out almost two years ago.  "Crenshaw" came out 3 years ago, man.

Then the "announcement" is basically him detailing what he plans to do with Victory lap.  Still no release date.

As a fan, I'm not going anywhere, but dude is clearly BS'n.  The same ish he was criticized for early in his career.  Luckily for him, there's a large number of people who haven't been checking out his Marathon Monday's tracks, so this will pretty much be a brand new project for them.

"Victory Lap" was supposed to come after "Crenshaw".  Then he dropped "Mailbox Money" which was supposedly a bunch of tracks that didn't make "Victory Lap".  "Mailbox Money" came out almost two years ago.  "Crenshaw" came out 3 years ago, man.

Then the "announcement" is basically him detailing what he plans to do with Victory lap.  Still no release date.

As a fan, I'm not going anywhere, but dude is clearly BS'n.  The same ish he was criticized for early in his career.  Luckily for him, there's a large number of people who haven't been checking out his Marathon Monday's tracks, so this will pretty much be a brand new project for them.
Agreed whole heartedly. 

Not for nothing, everything since TMC definitely sounds like it's cutting room floor material for Victory Lap...material that he wants people to pay for. I remember when Crenshaw dropped he tweeted that he "made money off of a bunch of leftovers" (something to that extent).  I'm all for the guy making moves, but he's still giving people 50%-75% of his talent, and wants people to put up money for it. 

I'm a fan of the guy, we just want to hear what's been in the making for about 4 years now. 

Agreed whole heartedly. 

Not for nothing, everything since TMC definitely sounds like it's cutting room floor material for Victory Lap...material that he wants people to pay for. I remember when Crenshaw dropped he tweeted that he "made money off of a bunch of leftovers" (something to that extent).  I'm all for the guy making moves, but he's still giving people 50%-75% of his talent, and wants people to put up money for it. 

I'm a fan of the guy, we just want to hear what's been in the making for about 4 years now. 

i def understand the frustration

but now he's giving back to the fans who paid for 50%-75% of his talent. the same people who didn't have to financial support the projects that he put out but still did. how is this not dope? how is this not a big announcement?

Last edited:
It's very dope that he's doing that for the people who paid in support.  Not a "Big" announcement though.  He didn't even give a release date for the album.  Hell, we don't even know if it's done or even close to being done.  Them 10 people could be waiting til 2018 for that tour.

Glad I didn't fall for another victory lap pump fake. Wasnt keeping up with marathon Mondays so there is a new mixtape for me to bump :smokin

Back
Top Bottom