No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

I'm sure I've watched the Temptations movie 20+ times since it's release
laugh.gif
I know right! Leon killed that ish!
and watched it like its my first time
laugh.gif

Temptations was dope, but I'm a 5 Heartbeats kinda guy. That's top of my list.

But Joe running around talkin about "who left the towel in the pool? Who gonna get a beatin?" in the Jackson 5 movie is GOAT status of these films

Last edited:
Loved the film. Learned a bunch of stuff I didn't know about the group from when I was younger hearing these guys. Like I didn't know BBD was formed from NE lol. Its obvious by their names you would know but at that time for me, I was young and didn't care about who was who. I would just turn on BET and watch their music videos and what not. All actors were on point. I'm kinda glad they didn't use a lot of known actors as I feel it would take away from the nostalgia. So while they were on tour, they ran into Boyz 2 Men. They sang can you stand the rain to Mike. How did NE end up with that song? Did B2M write it and give it to NE?

Last edited:
I was born in 89, I ain't know **** about NE for real. I knew who the members were but I thought Bobby was the lead guy since I was introduced to them as Bobby brown, bbd, and the my my my dude. Never even heard of ralph, crazy how he caught the short end of the stick.

Temptations was dope, but I'm a 5 Heartbeats kinda guy. That's top of my list.

But Joe running around talkin about "who left the towel in the pool? Who gonna get a beatin?" in the Jackson 5 movie is GOAT status of these films
that line....
roll.gif

"Joseph, they're grown men..."

laugh.gif

Loved the film. Learned a bunch of stuff I didn't know about the group from when I was younger hearing these guys. Like I didn't know BBD was formed from NE lol. Its obvious by their names you would know but at that time for me, I was young and didn't care about who was who. I would just turn on BET and watch their music videos and what not. All actors were on point. I'm kinda glad they didn't use a lot of known actors as I feel it would take away from the nostalgia. So while they were on tour, they ran into Boyz 2 Men. They sang can you stand the rain to Mike. How did NE end up with that song? Did B2M write it and give it to NE?

Yeah Michael Bivins recalls his initial encounter with Boys II Men in the song "Motown Philly."

And that song was already New Edition's before BIIM came along. BIIM just adapted the name based off inspiration.

Last edited:

They sang "Can you stand the rain" after it was already released as a single. It was New Edition's song. Boys 2 Men got their name from the New Edition song titled "Boys 2 Men".

I'm never going to be ok with whoever they cast, but after this, I'm ready to give BET a chance at a Aaliyah film after that bull Lifetime put out.

You know what.. let them do a Bobby and Whitney film too. I understand this was a New Edition film so it was the right thing to do but they really glossed over Bobby's solo career. I'd like to see that showed more on screen. I was born in 85 and as much as everyone says Michael is their inspiration or their favorite, but as a kid the first song I can clearly remember being my favorite was "Every little step". I was only like 2-3 but I distinctly remember that video playing on the tv and the radio. I thought Bobby was the flyest dude.

I'm not one of those guys who's going to act like I thought Prince was great. As a kid he just came off as hella creepy. Seeing a naked guy on a record at home was creepy lol. I always put mom's Bobby Brown "Don't be cruel" album in front of it lol. Prince gets a lot of respect and acknowledgement and after I grew up a little I even liked Purple Rain the movie, but I didn't like him like that.

Internationally it was different, but Bobby Brown was giving Michael a run for his money. Black people loved Michael but with the whole "skin disease" thing I feel he lost touch with a lot of them which lead them to Bobby. Michael was bigger with whites of course but Bobby had a lot of white fans too.

Man.. about to go watch him in Ghostbusters and bump the cut lol

Look at all the boujee rich people in here with cable tv.

ABC Jackson 5 movie > *

Listening to don't be cruel album now. I never knew what he was saying in the title track.

Last edited:
Slim from 112 was like a Ralph Tresvant reincarnation on the low

I was born in 89, I ain't know **** about NE for real. I knew who the members were but I thought Bobby was the lead guy since I was introduced to them as Bobby brown, bbd, and the my my my dude. Never even heard of ralph, crazy how he caught the short end of the stick.

Same. I was born in 90. Had to do my googles.

Always thought Bobby was the lead from the go.

Last edited:
Whaaaaaat?!

Slim 112 days. Dude can sing!

Man hell naw, post a song with these great vocals of his (and I love me some 112)

"Sing his *** off" is reserved for people like Luther, gill, McKnight etc etc. slim carries a tune he doesn't sing his *** off. He has an ok voice but it's very limited and he sounds bad when he's outside of his limited area.

Last edited:
:wow: ALL these hot joints from the 90s I had no clue were Bobby Brown

Roni :wow:
Don't be cruel, I never really understood what the hook said so I never put 2 and 2 together
Rock witcha :pimp:
:smh: :wow: son was cold

Slim's album was dope. 112 got classics.

My favorite NE album was always a toss up between Heartbreak and Home Again. I still play the **** out of both.

Bobby had the best solo joints. Don't Be Cruel and Bobby were two great albums. I want to hear about his first album and how they even allowed him to get a second album after it did so bad.

Man hell naw, post a song with these great vocals of his (and I love me some 112)

"Sing his *** off" is reserved for people like Luther, gill, McKnight etc etc. slim carries a tune he doesn't sing his *** off. He has an ok voice but it's very limited and he sounds bad when he's outside of his limited area.

If you're saying he can't sing, Ralph can't sing. But we might have different ideas of what singing his *** off means. You just listed 3 very specific guys who have a similar skill set. Just cause he's not them, doesn't mean he can't sang. Slim, Ralph, Sisqo, dude from Blackstreet, and the short guy from Jagged Edge are in the same tier. May not be in your view of guys who can sing, but they can DEFINITELY sing

they killed it exactly like the OG performance :smokin

movie brought back too many memories, been singing candy girl for 2 days straight :smokin

If you're saying he can't sing, Ralph can't sing. But we might have different ideas of what singing his *** off means. You just listed 3 very specific guys who have a similar skill set. Just cause he's not them, doesn't mean he can't sang. Slim, Ralph, Sisqo, dude from Blackstreet, and the short guy from Jagged Edge are in the same tier. May not be in your view of guys who can sing, but they can DEFINITELY sing

I would give Sisqo more credit, he can def sing, he's proven. I think the problem w/ Ralph and Slim is that their vocals are soft so they can't project as strong as Johnny and the likes, it's not to take away from their ability, but it is what it is. Q imo is the best singer in 112. And lead singer =/= best singer in the group.

Back
Top Bottom