No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

I wonder how accurate the gumby cut scene is :lol:

Great movie. Black folks gotta start reading their contracts.

Last edited:
Watched the 3rd part just now, BET really brought it with this biopic. Great production, actors, etc etc. Was born in 87, so every New Edition thing I know is from like 93 and on. Hearing all that music put me right back in first grade :lol: :lol: Ralph Tresvant's stuff never really registered with me like NE, Bobby Brown and BBD, and even Johnny Gill, I mostly remember Sensitivity from different early 90's soundtracks and nothing else. Some overall really fun songs from everybody involved.

Last edited:
Hot 2 Nite was a dope *** song. Puff dropped the ball as usual :smh:

But im loving this biopic so far. Its up there with the temptations and the jacksons.

Bobby a wild dude man :lol:  and Ricky is an underrated singer 

I'm about to rob Boyz II Men like I was Michael Bivins...:rofl:

I guess a lot of people weren't aware of Bobby and his antics. He was sorta like an updated David Ruffin :lol: . It's always some mofo in the group that's like "y'all NEED me!" :lol:

The Temptations is in my top 5 favorite movies. So this being up there in terms of quality has me hyped! Watched The Temptations with my daughters last summer and they loved it. Watched Ep 1 of New Edition on dvr with my gf and I was singing my *** off. :lol:

Can't wait to watch part 2.

Last edited:
Wait, people didn't know BBD was from NE?! Got me feeling old.

Just remembered when my Pops bought our first CD player, the first CD we got was Bobby Brown's "Don't Be Cruel".

Last edited:
Mr Telephone mannnnn.... There's something wrong with my lineeeee....

Brings me back to 2011-12.

I never knew nobody else sang. I thought all of them sang.

Wait, people didn't know BBD was from NE?! Got me feeling old.

Just remembered when my Pops bought our first CD player, the first CD we got was Bobby Brown's "Don't Be Cruel".
Man my dad still has the Don't Be Cruel vinyl. He use to play it every Saturday along with Jon Secada and Alexander O'Neal :lol:

Rated R..... Stone Cold Gentleman..... Sensitivity... man Ralph had some dope tracks on that self titled project.

Crazy thing is BBD did an interview with The Breakfast Club & said they didnt know anything about Ralph being approached about a solo project until they started filming the movie.

This is worth checking out even though it's almost an hour long.

i'm re-watching it this morning, and Boyz II Men had 5 members?

I wonder what happened??

Yooooo! :wow: :rofl:

Trench coat man and the Asian chick from Soul Train in the hallway. :rofl: Details like that :nthat:

louie-ski-carr-retro-crop-285x177.jpg

cheryl-song-dancing-o.gif

Last edited:
Yooooo!
eek.gif
roll.gif

Trench coat man and the Asian chick from Soul Train in the hallway.
roll.gif
Details like that
nthat.gif

louie-ski-carr-retro-crop-285x177.jpg

cheryl-song-dancing-o.gif
Not a lot of people caught that, you had to watch the show to know 
laugh.gif

I was listening to sirius xm in my car and NE was doing a show on SoFly radio 

Last edited:
That deal was more than likely all inclusive. After budget expenses he would've been lucky to see a 6th of that money... before taxes.

From what the movie showed, a sixth would've been better than what he got and possibly boosted his career as well

after the last scene..they should have did a collage of real pics from 83 till now with this playing in the background

after the last scene..they should have did a collage of real pics from 83 till now with this playing in the background

They did do a collage of New Edition pictures from 1983 until now, with Home Again playing. That was the perfect song for them to choose if you ever listened to the lyrics.

Hands down this was one of the best biopics ever. BET really renewed my faith in the network with this one! Everything was so on point with this movie story and acting wise. New Edition is one of my favorite groups ever and is probably one of the only groups period where each individual member went platinum. Their music just changed the game.

That Video Soul interview tho [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

They did do a collage of New Edition pictures from 1983 until now, with Home Again playing. That was the perfect song for them to choose if you ever listened to the lyrics.

Hands down this was one of the best biopics ever. BET really renewed my faith in the network with this one! Everything was so on point with this movie story and acting wise. New Edition is one of my favorite groups ever and is probably one of the only groups period where each individual member went platinum. Their music just changed the game.

That Video Soul interview tho [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
I watched it on my laptop i guess the stream died early my bad lol

I agree my dude. I went into this ready to slander BET in every way possible. They shut me up. I have no negative dialog. :lol:

I'm also eager to see where these young brothers who portrayed the members careers go from here. Their agents' lines gotta be blowing up right now.

Wait....was Ricky Bell snorting whey powder??? :lol: :lol:

In the scene where he was snorting the yay, he had a tub of whey protein powder, covered it up and put it on the counter behind him :lol:.... Was he snorting whey? Or did he just keep the yay in the whey bin? Lol either way, detail is crazy

Back
Top Bottom