No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Dude from blackstreet 
roll.gif

If you're saying he can't sing, Ralph can't sing. But we might have different ideas of what singing his *** off means. You just listed 3 very specific guys who have a similar skill set. Just cause he's not them, doesn't mean he can't sang. Slim, Ralph, Sisqo, dude from Blackstreet, and the short guy from Jagged Edge are in the same tier. May not be in your view of guys who can sing, but they can DEFINITELY sing

Sisqo can blow fam. And who from blackstreet Dave holister?

That first sentence is funny because slim is #3 and Ralph is #4 on this list :lol:

I don't agree with this whole list btw

http://madamenoire.com/277443/people-who-cant-sang-but-stil-make-good-music/3/

I would give Sisqo more credit, he can def sing, he's proven. I think the problem w/ Ralph and Slim is that their vocals are soft so they can't project as strong as Johnny and the likes, it's not to take away from their ability, but it is what it is. Q imo is the best singer in 112. And lead singer =/= best singer in the group.

Pretty much this. Maybe I'm being a little unfair saying he can't sing, but it was the "he can sing his *** off" that got me. Dude is very very limited

New Edition still owes me a album after that One Love trash I bought.

It was interesting hearing BBD talk about in an interview earlier about how bad the Home Again tour was. Bobby missing mad shows and Ralph quitting.

It's crazy that there's still beef in the group. **** still ain't sweet

I saw them on both ends of that Home Again tour. Early when Bobby was still there, and you could tell they were just trying to get through the shows. The back end after Bobby left (I may have actually been at the first show without him), they were having a ball on stage and it showed. Crazy how one dude can mess up chemistry like that.

Gonna try to catch part 3 tomorrow, but was super impressed for a made for TV movie.

Peace,
J

I know their old joints getting streamed and downloaded like crazy right now, this joint introduced 2 generations who knew little or nothing about then to them. My 1st time actually knowing who they were was the bad boy days, my pops used to have hot2nite on repeat. Girl give me ya numbaaaa. G unit remix tho >>

Last edited:
I know their old joints getting streamed and downloaded like crazy right now, this joint introduced 2 generations who knew little or nothing about then to them. My 1st time actually knowing who they were was the bad boy days, my pops used to have hot2nite on repeat. Girl give me ya numbaaaa. G unit remix tho >>

You a real one for knowing the G Unit Remix. That **** was hard as hell. "You got HIV you dirty N" Hahahahaha

I know they streaming the **** out of their albums right now.

I'll check out BBD later tonight. I was never a big fan of them. Favorite song was always "Do Me" though. That was my **** and "Poison" but "Poison" got played the **** out over the last 10 years. That's one of those songs you expect to hear at every work party or some **** along with OPP and Baby Got Back. Don't ever want to hear any of those songs again.

Last edited:
I'm guessing dude from Blackstreet referred to may have been Chauncey

Let's hope he wasn't referring to Teddy :lol:

Edit:

I vibed to their new album this morning at work, it was as expected from them, which isn't a bad thing. It has that 90's vibe w/ new school beats. Appreciated for what it is.

Last edited:
I'm so glad that this movie was able to bring generations together B...real talk. This is classic music from a classic group. Timeless music. Glad to see the younger cats enjoy this. Takes me back. NE was also a little before my time, but I'm an old head at heart so I was able to appreciate these gems in my teen years. Subconsciously, I would rock with a lot of this music as a baby and little kid. I wouldn't know the songs but I would KNOW THE SONGS. Gotta keep that music alive B

So who's going to give BBD's new album a chance?

Not me, I might stumble across a song or 2 tho

Last edited:
Let's hope he wasn't referring to Teddy :lol:

Edit:

I vibed to their new album this morning at work, it was as expected from them, which isn't a bad thing. It has that 90's vibe w/ new school beats. Appreciated for what it is.

I'm guessing dude from Blackstreet referred to may have been Chauncey

Sisqo can blow fam. And who from blackstreet Dave holister?

That first sentence is funny because slim is #3 and Ralph is #4 on this list :lol:

I don't agree with this whole list btw

http://madamenoire.com/277443/people-who-cant-sang-but-stil-make-good-music/3/

Mark Middleton of Blackstreet. The dude with the strong voice singing at the end of "No Diggity"

You a real one for knowing the G Unit Remix. That **** was hard as hell. "You got HIV you dirty N" Hahahahaha

I know they streaming the **** out of their albums right now.

I'll check out BBD later tonight. I was never a big fan of them. Favorite song was always "Do Me" though. That was my **** and "Poison" but "Poison" got played the **** out over the last 10 years. That's one of those songs you expect to hear at every work party or some **** along with OPP and Baby Got Back. Don't ever want to hear any of those songs again.

When Will I See You Smile Again?

I would give Sisqo more credit, he can def sing, he's proven. I think the problem w/ Ralph and Slim is that their vocals are soft so they can't project as strong as Johnny and the likes, it's not to take away from their ability, but it is what it is. Q imo is the best singer in 112. And lead singer =/= best singer in the group.

I don't know.. Q has far more soft vocals than Slim. Q has that laid back voice in comparison. Slim is the guy who hits all them notes in the song. Slim (in his 112 days so we're clear) has range. He typically sings softer in the verses but starts blowing. Like in "Cupid" or "Love you like I did".. he killed the last minute or so of that song and clearly has more vocals than the others. You can see that when him and dude was going back and fourth saying "nobody". Slim got vocals it's just a lot of his songs from his joints have him singing lower.

I didnt say anything about those other dudes but when it comes to sisqo he's vocally superior to slim and it's not even close, matter of of fact jazz is too

I never said he couldn't hit higher notes but again, that's why I think there's confusion of what "sangin" is. Some say Levert or Gill. Some will say a guy like Sisqo. Those two and Sisqo are two different types, but they both can sing. Just like I said, dude from Blackstreet. He always came in and hit all them notes and stuff, like at the end of "No Diggity" for example. Another example is Tevin Campbell. Dude could've been the best with his voice and his voice is different than a Levert or Gill.

Played the new BBD album today & thought it was decent. Will probably give it a nice amount of spins throughout this upcoming week just to give them some streaming numbers.

Had to open up Tidal and add all of Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill & Ralph solo projects. I was born in 1990 so I never really had a chance to sit down and digest their music. Can honestly say I never really cared for NE as a collective so this movie was a nice eye opener. Will have to sit down with my mom and watch the entire movie.

Will have to sit down with my mom and watch the entire movie.

That awkward moment when you watching the movie with mom dukes and the scene comes on where Bobby Brown is getting the wild toppy in the drivers seat from two groupies while snorting the fishscale :lol: :lol:

Top from 2 chicks while driving? Is he driving a mclaren with da driver seat in da middle? I was gonna wait for da lifetime remake, but I must see this movie now.

I was born in 85 and I was first introduced to Bobby first through don't be cruel and then BBD ( my favorite entity of NE) it's funny how people on social media say they never knew that BBD was apart of NE. After watching the movie and reflecting I really feel bad for Ralph he gave up everything for his homies and put his life/career on hold for them and missed his time to shine. All I can really ask is what could have been, overall it's a good film I rank it #3 with American Dream being #2 and Temptations #1 Leon killed his role as David Ruffin.

Back
Top Bottom