No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

Honestly - if they truly were targeting minorities, they better be thankful it wasn't an African American. I agree this situation is terrible no matter whether it's a Caucasian, Asian, Latino, African American, etc but the backlash had this been another police brutality situation with an African American right in top of the Pepsi incident? Yikes....

That's why I'm saying him being Asian had an effect on the "random" selection.

Older Asian male is the easiest target
"were overbook, no volunteers, coo lets just pick a person that looks like they dont understand english"

People like him shouldn't be in the service industry. He got it backwards. You work for the customers, not the other way around. He's looking at it from the standpoint that the customer is inconveniencing the airline. Um, no. It's the other way around.

Last edited:
I have read every post in this thread. What I'm emphasizing is that while you are admitting that it's wrong, you are saying that it's okay because those are the rules. How is this different than a teacher back in the day saying "Segregation is wrong and I don't agree with it but those are the rules." While that may be an extreme example, if you don't agree with a process in your industry yet you vehemently stick up for it then that makes you a hypocrite and quite frankly a coward.
:lol:

'Just obey the rules even if they're wrong' :lol:
But its still their rule even if you think it's wrong.

People like him shouldn't be in the service industry. He got it backwards. You work for the customers, not the other way around. He's looking at it from the standpoint that the customer is inconveniencing the airline. Um, no. It's the other way around.
You are right, the airline is there for the customer and the best solution honestly would have been what someone else said earlier of putting Uniteds crew on another flight. That is honestly the best answer to all of this. Im sure going forward that will become more common after this incident.

Last edited:
Honestly - if they truly were targeting minorities, they better be thankful it wasn't an African American. I agree this situation is terrible no matter whether it's a Caucasian, Asian, Latino, African American, etc but the backlash had this been another police brutality situation with an African American right in top of the Pepsi incident? Yikes....

That's why I'm saying him being Asian had an effect on the "random" selection.

Older Asian male is the easiest target

it's not exactly "random"

a. Passengers who are Qualified Individuals with Disabilities, unaccompanied minors under the age of 18 years, or minors between the ages of 5 to 15 years who use the unaccompanied minor service, will be the last to be involuntarily denied boarding if it is determined by UA that such denial would constitute a hardship.
b. The priority of all other confirmed passengers may be determined based on a passenger’s fare class, itinerary, status of frequent flyer program membership, and the time in which the passenger presents him/herself for check-in without advanced seat assignment.

You are right, the airline is there for the customer and the best solution honestly would have been what someone else said earlier of putting Uniteds crew on another flight. That is honestly the best answer to all of this. Im sure going forward that will become more common after this incident.

Things will get different pretty quickly. It will be pretty comical how fast the changes come. It's cuz the passengers can control the airlines' bottom line. If taxpayers can control the police's bottom line in the same fashion, then cops would reform just as quickly. That cop who got put on leave for dragging Dao? He's on paid leave, on the taxpayer's dime. And that's not going to change anytime soon. We're going to pay the cops the same thing whether they reform or not. *sigh But that's a different topic altogether and I don't want to take it there.

Last edited:
Sickening that a fool that wouldn't comply is going to make bank..

AMERICA!

Paying customer or not, we arent entitled to CRAP in any sector. Once that refund is given, its free game.

How is that not processing with people here?

^ Yes.. Singapore Airlines, and EVA Air are top notch customer service, and I gladly pay extra to fly with them.

Singapore is the GOAT Asian airline. The funniest part is that those airlines aren't even that much more expensive than the trash US based ones. In my experience they've been $100-$200 more expensive at most, which I'm completely fine with paying, because I know they will do everything they can to make a 10 hour+ journey as comfortable as possible. They won't try to crash my plane halfway over the ocean like United or send my luggage to a different city like American.
i wouldn't trust some Chinese airlines though.. 
Why's that?
i forgot which one it was but they lost some luggage and another time they gave some ****** rooms for an overnight delay(yea could've paid a lot more in shanghai) 

Sickening that a fool that wouldn't comply is going to make bank..

AMERICA!

Paying customer or not, we arent entitled to CRAP in any sector. Once that refund is given, its free game.

How is that not processing with people here?
I agree with everything after AMERICA!
He deserves to be compensated heavily from the police even though he didn't comply it didn't warrant the force used. Completely agree on the entitlement thing though, just because you bought ticket it doesn't give you the right to stay when asked to leave.

It's definitely bad PR and bad customer service and just overall bad practice. But a lawsuit? At any given time within a private vessel, or private property, you can be asked to leave for any or NO reason. Their name will be scraped through the mud. But dude played dead for a reason. He knew his payday was coming.

Mark Anthony, once that refund is given (and looking at some other rebookings, it can take some time and hassle, but in general), you didnt pay for NOTHING when its all said and done. It's like restaurants asking you to leave, or getting kicked out of sports events. Once you non comply, its actually surprising that refunds are even offered. Unless you are out a physical amount of money, there should be very little you can do.

Last edited:
Yeah when they take you off a flight they usually refund you in a travel voucher, put you on another flight and compensate you with gifts cards or check.

A straight cash/debit refund could have been negotiated. I'm done here. We feel entitled to so much as "paying" customers in quite a few sectors.

i think they forgot the motto, "the customer is always right". Anymore in retail and such, I'm seeing a total downgrade in customer service. It's that hipster "you OWE us" attitude. Someone finally got harassed on a larger scale. I guess if its any consolation, its that a big company is losing out here and not a small local company that is getting blasted.

I still see blame as 50-50. No one wants to admit that this Dao guy made it exponentially worse by playing dead.

Last edited:
You must be a disgruntled customer service employee because you're not making sense. Yes consumers are entitled to the products they purchase, that's literally how it works. What the hell. If there's an agreement for a refund obviously this changes things, but in this case there was no agreement.

Back
Top Bottom