No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

Lighter example. Local shop oversells the latest Nintendo console. You have a verified PRE ORDER paid in full. Shop says that there arent any left. You wont leave the shop. They offer a refund back to you, plus $200 in gift cards. You say no. Cops get called.

At the end of the day, whether a refund is agreed upon or not, when money switches hands back to a customer, its all fair game.

95% of businesses wouldnt do this sort of thing. Thats what I can agree with. But the act is not totally unusual.

It'd be like buying a movie ticket and sitting down, and right as it starts, you are told you need to leave. Youll be given a refund, but you need to leave. Private businesses have more power than you think. And this is why most dont act all crazy.. The backlash is too real.. We're entitled.

I've had some family that got overserved at a AppleBees like place. Upon ordering a margarita and noticing they were "drunk", they asked them to LEAVE, and pay for the drink they never got to finish.. That to me is more cut and dry of a situation. Most places would say, "hey youre falling all over the place. You wont be charged, but you have to leave." It's up to us individually how we respond to situations like that

Last edited:
Lighter example. Local shop oversells the latest Nintendo console. You have a verified PRE ORDER paid in full. Shop says that there arent any left. You wont leave the shop. They offer a refund back to you, plus $200 in gift cards. You say no. Cops get called.

At the end of the day, whether a refund is agreed upon or not, when money switches hands back to a customer, its all fair game.

95% of businesses wouldnt do this sort of thing. Thats what I can agree with. But the act is not totally unusual.

It'd be like buying a movie ticket and sitting down, and right as it starts, you are told you need to leave. Youll be given a refund, but you need to leave. Private businesses have more power than you think. And this is why most dont act all crazy.. The backlash is too real.. We're entitled.

You probably think all the police shootings are justified too huh

You dont have to agree with me, you obviously know nothing when it comes to these situations, I hope you get pulled so you can demand 10k and skyloft suite for the night. Best of luck with that.
Logic and morality usually have nothing to do with business procedures.
Business procedures huh? And you laughed when I brought up "corporate laws". I understand the culture you've been around yo. Been flying as a dependent nearly 20 yrs. I know non rev etiquette and I respect the hell outta gate/tix agents because it's a tough *** job. But things are changing. Merges, bag fees, buyouts, and now beat downs on revenue flyers.
Things are changing in the airline biz. UA needs to look at SW and the old America west practices of being more friendlier and catering to everyone and not just the elite

Y'all do understand that when you're involuntarily denied boarding, you're given cash straight up. It's what's entitled to you through your contract of carriage. Outside of that youre also given flight vouchers.

Plain and simple, once again coming from an airline employee (not united)....READ YOUR CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR FLIGHT.

He was legally entitled and was going to be given cash as well as vouchers as soon as they involuntarily removed him. This is coming as some one that flys at least twice a month and works in the industry. Also the flight was not oversold. It's getting annoying seeing that term tossed around.

With these crews that have to get replaced last minute, it's some times impossible to see these situations get resolved before customers are on the plane.

Sure it's easy to say send that crew on another flight...chances are they're not getting in, in time to fly the other plane and they have to cancel that other flight and screw over 100+ people.

And just because Dao wasn't complying isn't an excuse for him to stay on the plane. The police didn't handle the situation correctly but don't even get it twisted like he didn't know what he was doing at the same time once the authorities came.

For those saying that United could've just randomly picked someone else, that's some hypocritical s*** man. He was chosen, and when he bought his ticket, he AGREED to the contract of carriage just like EVERYONE ELSE on that flight. no one else should be affected by his inability to comply with what was stated when he bought his tickets. By refusing, United did what was necessary by calling the authorities, he broke the agreement and the authorities f*cked up royally.

Read about your rights as a passenger and your contract of carriage before you fly. It will save you a ton of headache.

For example, I worked a flight the other day where a woman sat in the emergency exit row with her son. Every agreeed to work the doors per FAA regulations besides her. She had two options. Move to a different seat or get off the plane. There was no in between. It was listed in terms and conditions and it's an FAA law. She eventually moved but had she not, I would've had no other choice outside of calling the authorities to take her off of the aircraft if she didn't comply with what I was asking and what she agreeed to do by sitting in that seat, as she was notified prior to boarding and once she was on the plane

Last edited:
f7FdEdG.jpg

I've had some family that got overserved at a AppleBees like place. Upon ordering a margarita and noticing they were "drunk", they asked them to LEAVE, and pay for the drink they never got to finish.. That to me is more cut and dry of a situation. Most places would say, "hey youre falling all over the place. You wont be charged, but you have to leave." It's up to us individually how we respond to situations like that

No movie theater would tell you to leave after you paid and are already seated unless you're being disruptive. And if that happens, that's the customer creating a situation here, and not the other way around.

The Nintendo situation, yea some ppl will offer a refund, but most will just say sorry, you're just going to have to wait until the next batch arrives, and the customer will comply unless he's a total idiot. In this case, there's literally nothing he can do outside of maybe writing a letter of complaint. If that was me, I'd probably take the refund and go to another store.

That restaurant situation, yea again, that's literally the customer creating a bad situation, again. What we are talking about is if the customer is seated, having his dinner, and they're getting kicked out just so someone else can have the table.

I'll give you a situation. Picture a door to door salesman. He's selling deals. If one guy won't take the deal, guess what..the door to door salesman isn't going to threaten the cops on him to take the deal. He'll go to the next door and try again. What the airline did was stay and post up at the first house they saw and didn't budge.

Last edited:
Y'all do understand he was going to get a check worth MORE than what he paid for his flight, plus a flight to Louisville as well as flight vouchers and a hotel right? Its federally mandated dogs

a better analogy would be you already paid for da console, and its in your bag but some of da store employees show up a few mins later, take your console for themselves since they called dibbs...you definitely wouldn't feel kosher.

a better analogy would be you already paid for da console, and its in your bag but some of da store employees show up a few mins later, take your console for themselves since they called dibbs...you definitely wouldn't feel kosher.
not really, you arent agreeing to terms and conditions when you buy a video game like when you buy a plane ticket.:lol: a better anology would be you agreed to the stores terms that they could take it back if an employee called dibs. If you agree to the terms, then you cant really be mad when when they follow them.

Last edited:

It's not even like that. They weren't Non-Revs and Were trying to go to louisville for s**** and giggles. They were getting paid to fly to get in position to work a flight out of Louisville.

Put it like This. Lets say united is flying Boeing 737-800 series planes that hold 175 people. United has to chose between reaccomadating 4 people for the flight crew or reaccomadating 175 for that flight they had to cancel because the crew isn't there to work said flight. This sh** is chess not checkers man. Lots of moving parts and it's definitely not black and white.

Y'all do understand he was going to get a check worth MORE than what he paid for his flight, plus a flight to Louisville as well as flight vouchers and a hotel right? Its federally mandated dogs

You do understand that doesn't matter to him and he was putting the interests of his patients before his, right?

You do understand that doesn't matter to him and he was putting the interests of his patients before his, right?

Also he claims that it's federally mandated for dude it be compensated in check form, vouchers and hotel but everywhere on the internet I hear stories of ppl getting compensated in different ways. Some get compensated in check form. Some don't. Some get paid only in gift cards. Some others only in vouchers. Literally a page ago there was an article of some chick who got paid 11k but only in the form of gift cards. A couple pages ago a NTer talked about a friend who got paid in tiny 50 dollar vouchers that couldn't get stacked. Etc. To claim a federal mandate would mean there is a uniformity to how everyone is getting paid and that's clearly not the case.

If there is a federal mandate then the airlines are clearly disregarding it.

Last edited:
Y'all do understand that when you're involuntarily denied boarding, you're given cash straight up. It's what's entitled to you through your contract of carriage. Outside of that youre also given flight vouchers.

Plain and simple, once again coming from an airline employee (not united)....READ YOUR CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR FLIGHT.

He was legally entitled and was going to be given cash as well as vouchers as soon as they involuntarily removed him. This is coming as some one that flys at least twice a month and works in the industry. Also the flight was not oversold. It's getting annoying seeing that term tossed around.

With these crews that have to get replaced last minute, it's some times impossible to see these situations get resolved before customers are on the plane.

Sure it's easy to say send that crew on another flight...chances are they're not getting in, in time to fly the other plane and they have to cancel that other flight and screw over 100+ people.

And just because Dano wasn't complying isn't an excuse for him to stay on the plane. The police didn't handle the situation correctly but don't even get it twisted like he didn't know what he was doing at the same time once the authorities came.

For those saying that United could've just randomly picked someone else, that's some hypocritical s*** man. He was chosen, and when he bought his ticket, he AGREED to the contract of carriage just like EVERYONE ELSE on that flight. no one else should be affected by his inability to comply with what was stated when he bought his tickets. By refusing, United did what was necessary by calling the authorities, he broke the agreement and the authorities f*cked up royally.

Read about your rights as a passenger and your contract of carriage before you fly. It will save you a ton of headache.

For example, I worked a flight the other day where a woman sat in the emergency exit row with her son. Every agreeed to work the doors per FAA regulations besides her. She had two options. Move to a different seat or get off the plane. There was no in between. It was listed in terms and conditions and it's an FAA law. She eventually moved but had she not, I would've had no other choice outside of calling the authorities to take her off of the aircraft if she didn't comply with what I was asking and what she agreeed to do by sitting in that seat, as she was notified prior to boarding and once she was on the plane

From everything I have read, the airlines can't involuntary make someone leave after he/she is seated. Is Dao 's case a common occurrence? What if he were chosen because he's Asian as he said? Still tough luck? The airline could have gotten made the employees drive to Louisville to make up for its mistake.

It's not even like that. They weren't Non-Revs and Were trying to go to louisville for s**** and giggles. They were getting paid to fly to get in position to work a flight out of Louisville.

Put it like This. Lets say united is flying Boeing 737-800 series planes that hold 175 people. United has to chose between reaccomadating 4 people for the flight crew or reaccomadating 175 for that flight they had to cancel because the crew isn't there to work said flight. This sh** is chess not checkers man. Lots of moving parts and it's definitely not black and white.
THIS.

Don't give me that man lol...son was sitting there stone faced before the incident in front of the rest of the passengers and airport police saying that he would sue united if they removed him...if he read the fine print...said incident would've been resolved

Don't give me that man lol...son was sitting there stone faced before the incident in front of the rest of the passengers and airport police saying that he would sue united if they removed him...if he read the fine print...said incident would've been resolved

Before he said he was going to sue, he said I'm a physician, I need to see my patients at 8 am

And just because Dano wasn't complying isn't an excuse for him to stay on the plane. The police didn't handle the situation correctly but don't even get it twisted like he didn't know what he was doing at the same time once the authorities came.

From everything I have read, the airlines can't involuntary make someone leave after he/she is seated. Is Dao 's case a common occurrence? What if he were chosen because he's Asian as he said? Still tough luck? The airline could have gotten made the employees drive to Louisville to make up for its mistake.

You can always be involuntarily removed off a plane...we have planes come back to gate after they've taken off just to remove passengers.

I have read every post in this thread. What I'm emphasizing is that while you are admitting that it's wrong, you are saying that it's okay because those are the rules. How is this different than a teacher back in the day saying "Segregation is wrong and I don't agree with it but those are the rules." While that may be an extreme example, if you don't agree with a process in your industry yet you vehemently stick up for it then that makes you a hypocrite and quite frankly a coward.
:lol:

'Just obey the rules even if they're wrong' :lol:
But its still their rule even if you think it's wrong.

What's the joke here?

They can have anyone removed at anytime before that flight takes off, not physically but thats when authorities get involved.

Ive only seen it first hand once, when I flew to Vegas in March everyone boarded and this man and his wife were walking up and down the aisle looking for a seat, eventually they called 2 names and had them ring call bells, they were both taken off the flight with no incident, the flight attendant I was talking to said they both got like 12 or 1300. Im sure it happens alot but people just take their dough and dont cause a huge scene.

You can always be involuntarily removed off a plane...we have planes come back to gate after they've taken off just to remove passengers.

"Furthermore, even if you try and twist this into a legal application of 250.2a and say that United had the right to deny him boarding in the event of an overbooking; they did NOT have the right to kick him off the plane. Their contract of carriage highlights there is a complete difference in rights after you've boarded and sat on the plane, and Rule 21 goes over the specific scenarios where you could get kicked off. NONE of them apply here. He did absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn't have been targeted. He's going to leave with a hefty settlement after this fiasco."

Damn...dude is going to be rich...

Bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu but its procedure and I see it happen alL the time, though.

The only thing worse than someone who blindly capes for unbecoming business practices is someone who claims to know them thoroughly when they clearly do not.

full

"Furthermore, even if you try and twist this into a legal application of 250.2a and say that United had the right to deny him boarding in the event of an overbooking; they did NOT have the right to kick him off the plane. Their contract of carriage highlights there is a complete difference in rights after you've boarded and sat on the plane, and Rule 21 goes over the specific scenarios where you could get kicked off. NONE of them apply here. He did absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn't have been targeted. He's going to leave with a hefty settlement after this fiasco."
21B could apply, if the crew on that other flight was timing out then the FAA will ground them and this crew was needed to comply with government regulations.

Bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu but its procedure and I see it happen alL the time, though.

The only thing worse than someone who blindly capes for unbecoming business practices is someone who claims to know them thoroughly when they clearly do not.

full
so you just quoted him saying the guy is gonna be rich and thats your argument? Your dumb*** should have quoted the guy I quoted, atleast he was making a point. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom