Non Drinkers And Non Smokers…. How do you go to sleep?

Try a sedative tea. Chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, passionflower. The strongest one is valerian root. Any grocery store should have one of them where the coffee section is.

I actually drink chamomile tea every morning for anxiety. Rather be relaxed and sleepy than stressed and it's cheap af.

I don’t drink but I’m a smoker at heart but I can’t because my job most the year.

Coming off layoff to no weed is when I sleep the worst.

I find keeping the same sleep and no phone and only use your bed to sleep is the best for me.

I have tons of trouble sleeping I’ve been prescribed every sleep drug but I don’t like them. It’s just something I’ll deal with my whole life I think.

If green was federally legal I could damn near sleep on command.

I don’t drink but I’m a smoker at heart but I can’t because my job most the year.

Coming off layoff to no weed is when I sleep the worst.

I find keeping the same sleep and no phone and only use your bed to sleep is the best for me.

I have tons of trouble sleeping I’ve been prescribed every sleep drug but I don’t like them. It’s just something I’ll deal with my whole life I think.

If green was federally legal I could damn near sleep on command.
Don't like them as in they don't work well for you or as in side effects?
I think sleeping meds are the absolute last resort but for me they've worked very well.

Zolpidem (Ambien) worked fine but apparently it made me sleepwalk occasionally. I only found out through others but I'm not comfortable with the idea of me walking around, going up/down stairs, doing random tasks and even speaking in my sleep.
The last 6 years or so I've used Zopiclone, which is sold as Imovane in the US if I recall correctly. It has an incredibly nasty side-effect but for me it went away after 2 weeks.
It gives you an extremely, extremely bitter metallic taste when waking up, and you're essentially forced to quickly eat some bread or something to get rid of it.
It's so bad that you have to swallow the pill in a split second, otherwise your tastebuds can get a whiff of so much bitterness that you might throw up.
Other than that though it's been doing its job for many years for me.

I rather not drink during the week to go to sleep and I can’t smoke because the job does ransoms. I was a heavy NyQuil/zzzquil user but I probably built a tolerance to that ****. Since the new year I haven’t took it, I’m trynna learn how to sleep naturally. Tuesday-Thursday I was out like a light around 10pm but I wake up about 2am every time. Fell back asleep one of those nights but for the most part I’m up. Lights off, phone down and eyes closed and im out. But if I’m up after 11pm it’s over I can’t sleep. Fml. Does cbd show up on drug test?

Don't like them as in they don't work well for you or as in side effects?
I think sleeping meds are the absolute last resort but for me they've worked very well.

Zolpidem (Ambien) worked fine but apparently it made me sleepwalk occasionally. I only found out through others but I'm not comfortable with the idea of me walking around, going up/down stairs, doing random tasks and even speaking in my sleep.
The last 6 years or so I've used Zopiclone, which is sold as Imovane in the US if I recall correctly. It has an incredibly nasty side-effect but for me it went away after 2 weeks.
It gives you an extremely, extremely bitter metallic taste when waking up, and you're essentially forced to quickly eat some bread or something to get rid of it.
It's so bad that you have to swallow the pill in a split second, otherwise your tastebuds can get a whiff of so much bitterness that you might throw up.
Other than that though it's been doing its job for many years for me.

For me they didn’t work well enough to justify taking them. Ambien was the worst though.

Ambien worked pretty decently for me, albeit not as good as Zopiclone.
Sleepwalking is wild though, I'm baffled at how that works. Apparently one time I held a fullblown conversation with a friend, who only realized I was asleep because I had a blank unresponsive stare.

I can’t sleep without alcohol, thc/cbd doesn’t help me sleep either. If I try to sleep sober it takes forever. Had insomnia since I was a little kid.

Are you on your phone or looking at any kind of screen before you go to bed? Blue light is harmful. Therapist told me this years ago.
Definitely need this tip... No phone 2 hours before bedtime .. I'll play some thunder and rain with the black screen and I'll be knocked out in 15 mins or so ...
You ain’t never been tired as hell or completely gone and just fell asleep in your jeans. No shower until morning:lol: :lol:
Never that tired.... Jeans on the bed is a no no...

I feel like alcohol makes me sleep worse, honestly. I might fall asleep without issue, but I find that I wake up periodically throughout the night and I sure as **** don’t wake up feeling well-rested.

I drank all of the remaining alcohol I had at the start of this month and didn’t re-up. Every time I take a break from alcohol I end up scratching my head wondering why I drink to begin with. I feel so much better when I take breaks.

No chance in he’ll that I’ll quit weed though. :lol:

Been sleeping horribly since new year. Getting around 5 hours on average, waking up stupid early and not being able to go back to sleep. Feel terrible the whole next day but not sleepy.
Seems to be a January thing for me

Ambien would have me sitting down booting up my desktop PC while asleep or w/e the Ambien sleepwalking mode is called ( like is it really sleep?). made me a zombified slurry mess when I was awake.

Rain sounds are really helpful OP

This 100%. Growing up always had a box fan for noise and would put my old clock radio on sleep timer to turn off in x amount of minutes. Once my my wife & I got our house, she got an Alexa. I love using it for playing thunderstorm sounds at night. There is ZERO chance I can fall asleep in a dead quiet room. Need some type of white noise. Even when I was in the hospital for 3 nights last year, I played white noise on Spotify on my phone.

Also, sleep attire is important. I can’t sleep with jeans or heavy clothes on. (Except if it’s cold at night) Sometimes I sleep with socks on. A tank top, t shirt and gym shorts is perfect for me.

I know some people who sleep in the nude (I can’t do it :lol: :lol: :lol:) and I sleep in light colored clothes.

Air condition has to be on 70-74. Joint got to be frigid cold sometimes for me

Exactly right. Gym shorts and a workout shirt (those C9 Champion sweat-wicking material. Very smooth and breathable). Also, put the house down to 68° and I have the window open a crack to let in cool air. And I usually only sleep with a sheet and a light fleece blanket, or just the think fleece Too warm= no sleep. Plus, all the meds I'm on for Crohn's & immunosuppressants really mess with my internal thermostat.

Ambien would have me sitting down booting up my desktop PC while asleep or w/e the Ambien sleepwalking mode is called ( like is it really sleep?). made me a zombified slurry mess when I was awake.
Ehh it’s sort of inbetween. You’re still mostly asleep while sleepwalking but some parts of the brain that are normally also in sleep mode are functioning as if awake. Hence why you’re able to perform complex actions while sleepwalking.

Back
Top Bottom