NORCAL SKI/SNOWBOARDING SEASON 2011/2012

Planning to go up to Reno on Sunday-Monday. If anybody is going on Saturday, can you give an update of the road condition, if chains are required. Thanks!

Planning to go up to Reno on Sunday-Monday. If anybody is going on Saturday, can you give an update of the road condition, if chains are required. Thanks!

Have fun! I'm trying to head up Sunday as well, I've got my fingers crossed
tongue.gif

Check here for road conditions:
http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/...nfo/display.php?page=i80

just went to the burton sample sale... WEAKER than last season. did pick up some gloves though.. catch yall at sacs expo today

just went to the burton sample sale... WEAKER than last season. did pick up some gloves though.. catch yall at sacs expo today

I jus spent fri and sat up at northstar and packing up to leave today. All the snow reports about the fresh snow you guys have been hearing about are true, but unfortunately northstar lifgs and trails are very limited rightnow. I was there on friday before the snow started dumping, and the whole resort was dry except for the man made runs. the storm pretty much blanketed the entire mountain but theyre still waiting for a good snow base to start grooming w the cats.

I jus spent fri and sat up at northstar and packing up to leave today. All the snow reports about the fresh snow you guys have been hearing about are true, but unfortunately northstar lifgs and trails are very limited rightnow. I was there on friday before the snow started dumping, and the whole resort was dry except for the man made runs. the storm pretty much blanketed the entire mountain but theyre still waiting for a good snow base to start grooming w the cats.

New to the area, just moved here from North Carolina. Where do you guys usually go? A couple of friends are taking me to Alpine Meadows beginning of December. Can't wait to try out a whole new place. 
pimp.gif

New to the area, just moved here from North Carolina. Where do you guys usually go? A couple of friends are taking me to Alpine Meadows beginning of December. Can't wait to try out a whole new place. 
pimp.gif

Welcome to the bay Mayhem! In my experience, from the last few seasons, in North Lake Tahoe, near Truckee, Ca. my favorite places to ride are Squaw and Northstar, although I haven't been to Alpine yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it this season. Also on that side is Boreal AKA Boring Hill, the selling points being the terrain park, price, night boarding and it's a stones throw from the highway, but it's tiny, you can ride top to bottom in 60 seconds flat
tongue.gif
my favorite in the South Lake Tahoe region, and most agree, is Kirkwod. It's huge, has epic open country features and gets great snow, but it can be a pain getting there, Highway 89 is narrow and easily covered in a storm.
I'm going to Northstar tomorrow for the day to kick off the season, the lifts and trails are still limited but they have 2 "Black Diamonds" open, so it should be fun.

Welcome to the bay Mayhem! In my experience, from the last few seasons, in North Lake Tahoe, near Truckee, Ca. my favorite places to ride are Squaw and Northstar, although I haven't been to Alpine yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it this season. Also on that side is Boreal AKA Boring Hill, the selling points being the terrain park, price, night boarding and it's a stones throw from the highway, but it's tiny, you can ride top to bottom in 60 seconds flat
tongue.gif
my favorite in the South Lake Tahoe region, and most agree, is Kirkwod. It's huge, has epic open country features and gets great snow, but it can be a pain getting there, Highway 89 is narrow and easily covered in a storm.
I'm going to Northstar tomorrow for the day to kick off the season, the lifts and trails are still limited but they have 2 "Black Diamonds" open, so it should be fun.

Whats up Bay area snowboarders!!!

Just got a triple whammy for 279 at the sac convention!!! (just get some college papers and youre good!)

Going to Sugar bowl tommorow!!

Should be a great season!

Whats up Bay area snowboarders!!!

Just got a triple whammy for 279 at the sac convention!!! (just get some college papers and youre good!)

Going to Sugar bowl tommorow!!

Should be a great season!

PW, bad timing man, heard they're opening the summit on wed at northstar haha let me know if it's any different.

PW, bad timing man, heard they're opening the summit on wed at northstar haha let me know if it's any different.

sac convention was weaker than sf, santa clara one, still picked up some new ride toe bindings..

sac convention was weaker than sf, santa clara one, still picked up some new ride toe bindings..

Originally Posted by PWalrus

tongue.gif
Thanks for the advice.
pimp.gif
I gotta go pick up chains for the Scion is I wanna make it anywhere.
laugh.gif
I'm gonna look into Kirkwood and I've heard hella people like Northstar. Gonna be a busy season for me, can't wait.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PWalrus

tongue.gif
Thanks for the advice.
pimp.gif
I gotta go pick up chains for the Scion is I wanna make it anywhere.
laugh.gif
I'm gonna look into Kirkwood and I've heard hella people like Northstar. Gonna be a busy season for me, can't wait.
pimp.gif

Northstar yesterday was ridiculous..... Heavenly Alaskan Fluff
pimp.gif
I had to set my bindings an inch back to ride all the powder. There was so much untouched powder above and in the superpipe since that run isn't even "open" yet...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That much snow this early is insane, it's going to be an awesome season. Nike ZF1s held up great, very comfortable.
a couple cell phone pics from last Tuesday @ Northstar, from the Vista lift:

Northstar yesterday was ridiculous..... Heavenly Alaskan Fluff
pimp.gif
I had to set my bindings an inch back to ride all the powder. There was so much untouched powder above and in the superpipe since that run isn't even "open" yet...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That much snow this early is insane, it's going to be an awesome season. Nike ZF1s held up great, very comfortable.
a couple cell phone pics from last Tuesday @ Northstar, from the Vista lift:

Back
Top Bottom