Norcal's GRUB Thread

Is Little Luca's that great? I usually go to Mr. Pickles here in San Mateo and I haven't had better.
TEAM BAY AREA / Team Wipe Me Down / TEAM WARRIORS / SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

I was in Chinatown earlier and I remembered this thread but I couldn't remember the restos mentioned.

I ended up going to this icky Chinese restaurant.

I wanted BBQ pork rice topping. I was served BBQ fried rice.

:lol:
laugh.gif
Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31 LIMITED EDITION Nike PILIPINAS Basketball JACKET. Only $115 SHIPPED!NORCAL SUMMIT: AUGUST 11, 2007. COME ONE, COME ALL! ONLY $6/PERSON.NikeTalk's Rules of ConductWelcome to NikeTalk Philippines

what's a good steakhouses by san jose? i'm trying to take my mom out to dinner. i've only been to alexander's, what's good with morton's?
fs: louis vuitton raymundo sunglasses

Joe's in downtown Fairfield has a GREAT roast beef deli sandwich (they're pretty huge)! Also, they have a store in Sacramento called Buds which is equally as good.

Best Fish & Chips in the SF/Peninsula ?
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

I just ate at Liverpool Lil's today down near The Presidio... I had the Monte Cristo sandwhich...

It was the bomb.
OLD TURKEY BUZZARD​

all of the following are SF places

Roxies Sandwiches - theres two actually. one near San Jose St. and Ocean Ave. like others have said, the Dutch Crunch is crack
El Farolitos - I swear this is the BEST taqueria ever, or atleast in SF, a SUPER burrito for under $6 is crack
Noriega Teriyaki - one of the best sushi places in SF
Plutos - (Chestnut st+ Irving and 8th?) best salads ever, fresh made and their steak is good, good mashed potatoes

some one suggest a good fish and chips place thats in SF tho ... been waiting on one

"noriega teriyaki--one of the best sushi places in SF??"

no dis to my dudes, andy, daniel, and their fam that own the joint, but, honestly, that's the first time i've heard such high praise for their spot.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

Quote:
Is Little Luca's that great? I usually go to Mr. Pickles here in San Mateo and I haven't had better.

Everyone has always raved about Mr Pickles and when I went to the one in SM, I was disappointed because I thought it was just ok, not off the chain like everyone says it was.

Lorenzo's Sandwich shop in Belmont is better IMO.

Safeway's Deli's actually make a pretty good sandwich. Their pan roasted turkey is off the hook!!!

For cheesesteaks you will not find a spot that is closer to an actual Philly Cheeseteak then Amato's in San Jose. I brought my man from Philly there and he was shocked how good and close it was to the real thing. They are a little pricey but they fill them with meat. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out if you like cheesesteaks, you won't regret it!!!!

You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

Quote:
El Farolitos - I swear this is the BEST taqueria ever, or atleast in SF, a SUPER burrito for under $6 is crack
"Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste."

CLsmooth71: Noriega Teriyaki might not be the BEST but, I think that they are consistent with the quality relatively high level of food and service. I've been there many times with friends, dates etc.. and have always had a pleasant time there. Now, that being said I'm still in search of some top notch sushi. I've been to the joint in Alameda but, I was slightly disappointed as it seemed to be more style than substance. Don't get me wrong it was good but, after my friends and girl telling me all about it I was expecting a lot more.

Camelot Fish & ChipS in Pacific is CRACK.

Noriega Teriyaki is so-so, but Westlake Teriyaki is better and it's run by Japanese heads not Chinese or Koreans.

Good sushi can be had in Pacifia at Coco's.
Best chicken Teriyaki ever at Kani Kosen in Linda Mar.

Bob's Steakhouse in the Omni is good.

Westlake Joe's best Veal Parm.

Mr. Teriyaki
801 MAHLER RD #C
Burlingame, CA 94010
TO GO:650-697-8450

Teriyaki Chicken Bento box is crack, specially the salad dressing.

gateway kitchen is dirt cheap up the hill in dc..thai spot on 6th and market tulan get #24 and q-pop chicken from q-cup its of the hook..

Quote:
No Way, not even best for late night taquerias. Cancun,Vallarta, Guadalajara are all better late night. And, theres a crapload thats better open during the day.

hm, i've never been to any other ones besides the ones on Mission St.

where are the other taquerias located?

House of prime rib is :pimp:
pimp.gif

Little Lucas > Mr Pickles by far.
-w

Cosign with Gateway Kitchen at top of the hill. 3 bucks for 2 huge fried porkchops eggs and a mountain of fried rice.
Little Henry's in SF
Hard Knox Cafe on 3rd street is SERIOUS. cornbread red beans and rice fried chicken oh boy!
Seniore's pizza in the avenues....seriously that place is packed at 3 AM

Back
Top Bottom