Norcal's GRUB Thread

South Bay Area
Sushi: Sushi-O-Sushi (Santa Clara), Sushi Zono (Campbell)
Steak: Alexander's (Cupertino), Birk's Restaurant (Santa Clara), The Grill On The Alley (San Jose)
Pho: Pho Y (San Jose), Pho Kim Long (San Jose)
French: Le Papillon (San Jose)
Vietnamese: Onyx (San Jose), Vung Tau (San Jose)
Korean: Korea House (Santa Clara), Palace BBQ (Sunnyvale)
Mexican: Taqueria Tlaquepaque No 1 (San Jose), La Paloma (San Jose)
Seafood: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood (San Jose), Scotts Seafood (San Jose)
BBQ: Sam's Bar-B-Que (San Jose)
Fast Food/Cheap Eats: Iguanas (Mexican, San Jose), La Victorias (Mexican, San Jose), Pepper Lunch (Japanese, Milpitas)
Dessert: Hello Dessert (San Jose), Yagoz Gelato (San Jose)

Gotta add Superstar for some Filipino foods. I always go to the one across safeway near Geneva since it's closer to where I live
sarcasm is hard to tell online

lookin for AM90 infareds 10-11

Vallarta has the best tacos in SF.

Papalote's has the best grilled chicken burrito ever.
La Corneta's steak & prawn super is insane. One of the better taquerias in SF.

"Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste."

Little Sichuan Express
4.0 star rating
based on 6 reviews

Categories: Restaurants [Edit]
34420 Fremont Blvd Ste G
(at Paseo Padre Pky)
Fremont, CA 94555
(510) 608-0585

*Featured in the 4/07 edition of San Francisco Magazine as one of the best "authentic" Chinese restaurants in the Bay Area!*
The dry-cooked spicy chicken comes fried to a crisp in a bed of hot peppers and peppercorns, and boy, is it packed with heat.
Dry-cooked hot spicy chicken $7.45 is crack!

The Autumn Wind is a Pirate

anyone know any good filipino spots in the south bay.. been to a lot of :x
sick.gif
"my auras positive I dont promote no junk, see I'm far from a bully and I aint a punk"-phife

Quote:
No Way, not even best for late night taquerias. Cancun,Vallarta, Guadalajara are all better late night. And, theres a crapload thats better open during the day.

too me cancun is nasty. i ate there when i used to intern at st. lukes. i never been to Vallarta, but Guadalajara is the @#%$. the Guadalajara im talking about is on the corner of mission and onondaga right across from hawaiian drive inn.

hawaiian drive in is also cracking(the one on mission not the one in dc across from t and c)
Oriental kitchen is also cracking

man great thread, all I eat is junk...

I get food from the Top Dog and La Burrita on Durant and Bowditch in Berkeley all the time, also Blondie's on Telegraph, cheap, easy junk food. The Zachary's next to the Rockridge BART, I'll take anybody there, love it. There's a place on college, la Mediteranee, some girl took me there once, never had that kind of food before (middle eastern or something?), different, pretty good. D&A Cafe on Webster right before the tunnel in Oakland Chinatown, my family always eats there because it's cheap as hell.

the socal kids here at berkeley always talk trash about the Mexican food up here, but all of them are from Orange County and Beverly Hills so I know they don't know @#%$
turn the music up
turn me down

places i know of...not necessarily late night spots.

Pho Nam (the one in sunnyvale off el camino)...the best pho place i've been to so far. and only a couple minutes away from my house

Sushi House in Alameda...great value and great food, but long lines.

Layang Layang in San jose/saratoga....typical malaysian stuff but their tofu is BOMB and their roti canai has the best dipping sauce for it...too bad the restaurant's too small and it looks like a barn shack or something.

China Stix in Santa Clara...great place to eat chinese food, really highly rated, their dim sum is unbelievable, one of the best chinese restaurants in the bay area for sure.

Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football: Still Undefeated​

you heads that like Top Dog in Berk should try What's Up Dog when y'all are in The City....basically the same grub. some dudes i know own those joints.

as far as tacquerias go....nothing beats the OG hotspot on mission & 16th or whatever...i forget just where+the name. i just know how to get there. i'm sure someone's already mentioned it tho.

a new joint i've been hitting for the last coupla years is that tacqueria on Turk?? near City Hall (right next to Wells Fargo). i used to swear by Gordo's in the Rich+Sunset........not cuz their burritos are THE best tasting, but for their bang for the buck and being better than average tasting. but this new spot i found has even BIGGER burritos at the same price and waaaaaay more grubbin. only thing i don't dig is that their grilled chix is hella chunky...they need to chop that @#%$ up better.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

For Good Breakfast go to: Breakfast at Tiffanys on San Bruno Ave. in SF or Stacks on 501 Hayes.
TEAM BAY AREA

Reppin Da Bay: 415​

Quote:
the socal kids here at berkeley always talk trash about the Mexican food up here, but all of them are from Orange County and Beverly Hills so I know they don't know

That just made me laugh because back in the day I was a so cal kid (OC) at Berkeley who used to talk trash about Mexican Food in the bay and I think I know...Mexican food up here is good, its just not the same.

But from just being in the OC over the weekend and having a carne asada burrito and fries at my old high school hangout (Alberto's) why can't I find a comparable burrito in the city? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Also, I had a Vietnamese Sandwich over the weekend and I forgot how good those things are. Where in SF can I get a decent one?

I know there's a spot in the TL, but I don't know where.

And I know i can find one on Tully in SJ but I'm not driing an hour for a 2 dollar sandwich.

well at least for socal (san diego) you really can't top their carne asada fries....i've never tried it at taqueria las vegas but nothin can beat the places at SD. Lolita's is CRACK...that's about all I can give them though..hahaa

and BTW where are some good mexican joints in the Bay? especially near the san jose area
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football: Still Undefeated​

Quote:
I know there's a spot in the TL, but I don't know where.
"Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste."

hole in the wall plugg....

Cordon Bleu on California. Meat sauce over rice.

I wonder how many of you are YELPPERS. yelp.com

Quote:
^ THAT'S THE ONE!

I know where i'm going for lunch tomorrow.

thanks!

yup, saigon viet sammiches are the truth.
no joke, i get like 5 or 6 and eat 2 or 3 at a time every visit.
the bbq chix and pork ones are hella grubbin and dirt cheap.

i still have yet to try the new Lee's just across the street. that joint is HUGE....they're like the MdD's of viet sammich places. the one at UCI is hella big too. i still think Saigon is better tho....i've tried the Lee's in SoCal.

and not to keep slammin on NorCal grub, but the Chinese cafes ain't got nothing on the ones in LA either....the Eastside SGV ones to be exact.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

That lee's by saigon isnt as good and worth it..i go to school (cca) rite by saigon and i think its its way more worth it and cheaper.. its much bigger.. and more they stuff it with more meat and alotta cilantro..bbq chicken is on hit!... NT meet up at saigon?...whaaat?...lol
4L8O15S16T23!42​

if you want some good sushi, go to ebisu on 9th n irving. if oyu want good noodles, go to hotei across the street.
Forsale: VNDS Black/Red XIX's size 10.5; DS Carolina 13's size 10.5; VNDS Kashima 97's size 10. Get at me with offers.

Back
Top Bottom