Norcal's GRUB Thread

Any good places to eat around Union square that are open after midnight.

^LB510, just walk down Powell (where the XX1 and H&M are).

Grimlock, I'd go with Luong's suggestion, but I also recommend Capital Restaurant (located in Chinatown)'s chicken wings. A 16 piece box of fried up chicken sprinkled with crack. It's on Clay st. between stockton and Grant.

Another cheap place where you won't be limited by your restrictions is King of THai (on the edge of north beach). That place is good for sit in because all dishes are $5 for a good solo portion and all domestic brews = $2, imported only $3. many TVs so its great for sports as well.

Originally Posted by LB510

Any good places to eat around Union square that are open after midnight.

keepzdasneakz pointed out a good starting point on where to look. king of thai off o'farrell and powell is open til 1. katana-ya along geary off a couple blocks west of powell is open til 1 as well. dont know of any places open til 2 though. 

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Grimlock, I'd go with Luong's suggestion, but I also recommend Capital Restaurant (located in Chinatown)'s chicken wings. A 16 piece box of fried up chicken sprinkled with crack. It's on Clay st. between stockton and Grant.
Chicken wings are pretty good there. Mom works in CT and tends to bring some home at times.

Also, where you from Grimlock?

I'm gonna be spending a week in SF in 2 days. I keep backtracking the thread but its all too much
laugh.gif
Where would you guys recommend eating? I'm down for whatever, so far I've only gotten, Ikes and little skillet.

Tried Little Lucca's (in South SF) and Turtle Tower (off of Geary) over the weekend.

Aint nuthin Little bout Lucca's!!! $7.95 for a 4 lb newborn.

I tried the Fire Roasted Steak w/ Pepper Jack and their famous Garlic Sauce
pimp.gif

Turtle tower is great comfort food, but traditional pho (and its broth) packs a crapload more flavor. Try Nam Tien in San Jose for their Oxtail Pho. So good!!!!!

Little Luccas gives you a lot for what you pay, but I find their sauce a little overwhelming.

anybody ever eaten at medjool in the mission? i've been there a couple of times for the after hours scene, but never during the restaurant hours and i'm curious about it.

Just had Restaurant Chu in Oakland, not bad, solid Chinese food.

Rolling to Mama's SF this weekend.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Sounds like I need to visit San Jose and grub lol!

San Jose is where it's at fam. Lightweight far from where you at, definitely going to take a whole day worth of time.

..and Jose girls?
pimp.gif
 Man, go see for yourself.

And Little Luca's is on point. I can never finish that whole sandwich though.

Sounds like we need a summit at a coffee shop...before the good ones get shut down for violating municipal codes

country, medjool's is pretty good.  The vibe is kinda hit or miss as it turns into a nightclub afterhours.  Food is tapas style, so you order many different little plates.  

This thread needs more frequent visitors 
tongue.gif

I've driven and walked by this place hundreds of time and randomly found it on yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/b...40&sort_by=date_desc

Korean food. Kalbi and marinated chicken is on point, bugolgi is average
grin.gif
, kimchi fried rice with spam is 6.25+tax
pimp.gif
with chicken, beef, or pork is an additional $1.

Prices are pretty cheap, worth a try.

Anybody care to share some light on this CREAM place in B-Town? I've been hearing a lot about it lately.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this since I haven't gone through the entire thread but does anyone know where I can find some good Dim Sum, preferably in the East Bay?

Originally Posted by Vic Vega 05

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this since I haven't gone through the entire thread but does anyone know where I can find some good Dim Sum, preferably in the East Bay?

Not very many options..koi palace in dublin, asian pearl in richmond(pacific east mall), east ocean in emeryville, or various places in oakland chinatown. There used to be a place in walnut creek, but I forgot the name.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by Vic Vega 05

Not very many options..koi palace in dublin, asian pearl in richmond(pacific east mall), east ocean in emeryville, or various places in oakland chinatown. There used to be a place in walnut creek, but I forgot the name.
I'm going to assume the Koi Palace is the same in Daly City. I haven't gone in years now...Last time I went, it was quite average...Though it definitely lived up to its hype years back. I can't say the same for the one in EastBay.

I felt like indulging myself with BBQ so I went to Rib-licious BBQ in San Jose since this place was mentioned few pages back.

All this for $20. I couldn't finish it
sick.gif
so for that price you get two meals out of it.
pimp.gif
Now I have to go to the gym.
tired.gif

#2 Combo with 4 ribs and brisket, 2 sides of macaroni salad and garlic bread (
pimp.gif
, better than slices of bread some places give you). Added side of cole slaw, smoked chicken legs(2/order) and a corn muffin.

6267294683_091de285de.jpg

Back
Top Bottom