Norcal's GRUB Thread

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

what are some nice places to take a girl to eat? (anniversary type thing)

i.e. alexanders? mortons?

Price range? City? Type of food?

real life...
sorry... im in SJ ill go to like SF, PA, cupertino etc...

sorry no asian or indian food thats about it...

real life...

House of Prime Rib? Pricey though.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

real life...

House of Prime Rib? Pricey though.

I'd rather make a shorter trip coming from sj and stop in Burlingame...Broadway Prime. The owner use to work at the house of prime rib. I prefer that one than the one in the city...tasted better.

i noticed the same recently and hoped it was just me...f

Michelin Guide @MichelinGuideSF Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Steaks are still amazing at Alexander's, but the sides are not as good as they used to be. Same problem at both locations.

Anybody have comments on The Yardhouse out in SJ? I'm a big beer fan (mostly of the Tripels and Hefes) I know they have a happy hour, but I just wanna know if it's worth driving out there from Hayward. Also....any recommended spots for happy hour oysters? ( i have some strange desire to contract food poisining 
grin.gif
)

keepzdasneakz wrote:
Anybody have comments on The Yardhouse out in SJ? I'm a big beer fan (mostly of the Tripels and Hefes) I know they have a happy hour, but I just wanna know if it's worth driving out there from Hayward. Also....any recommended spots for happy hour oysters? ( i have some strange desire to contract food poisining 
grin.gif
)

Make sure you check out The Yard for lunch. Dinner is a mad house. The only time I tried to go was for dinner with a party of 12. A 4 hour wait. Forget it!
As far as oysters go, check out Kaenyama in Fremont. They have $1 oysters on Fri & Sat. They also have very good rolls and drinks! 

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

grin.gif
)

yard house is cool but i feel abit over rated. i go to Salt House in Berkley for dollar oysters.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

Roxie's on SJ Ave...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

G.O.A.T. for me as far as sandwiches go
First time having it?
Haven't been there before. What's the best sandwich to order?
I usually go with the Simon special with soft roll sourdough instead of the popular dutch crunch bread.
Whatelse I recommend is BBQ beef, pastrami, and the classic turkey. MAKE SURE to get the sandwich HOT aka toasted. 

Thank me later word to drizzy drake.
laugh.gif

Not my first time having it! Used to get it in middle school for "hot lunch". St. Finn Barr stand up
laugh.gif

There dutch crunch is on point... I always get a regular pastrami and provolone on dutch crunch toasted w/o tomatoes...
pimp.gif

There portion sizes are huge too, regular is damb near XL

real life...

any other spots?
I ate at Bourbon Steak in Union Sq SF (inside the Westin Hotel), and it was one of the best steaks I've had. They bring out complimnetary french fries, 3 different seasonings and 3 different sauce pairing to go with it. Sorry no pics bc it was dimly lit. A bit pricey, but for anniversaries, well worth it

The House in Northbeach SF. Best damn Japanese fusion I've ever had. pricey but worth it. Try the Wasabi Noodles with Steak. Sea Bass is hella good too. Everything we had was good. bring your girl, not your homie, lol

I've been meaning to check out Ike's for the longest time. I'm glad there's one closer now. What's that now, 4 locations? They really propelled themselves after being on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Not sure if I mentioned it I went to Sams Chowder house for the first time a couple weeks ago
OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

409000_3138181087034_1040087831_3027828_31767693_n.jpg

428214_3138181287039_1040087831_3027829_943695536_n.jpg

422144_3138181607047_1040087831_3027831_1893259643_n.jpg

Also had crab cakes (not pictured) best crab cakes I've ever had
pimp.gif

Breakfast in SF? I need more spots
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Niceee...I think that sam's place may make for a suitable 1 day getaway for me and my girl this spring break.

About b-fast spots...lots of people mentioning Dottie's True Blue Cafe...although I hear the line is ridiculous (see yelp pictures). My friend said it was good but the wait just killed it for her.

breakfast spot.. kinda biased. good brunch spot by my house. sycamore on 18th & mission. $13 bottomless mimosas from 10-3 .. they use odwallas & theres a nice girl coming round every 10 mins to top off their drinks..

but the pork donuts are where its at. they have outdoor seating too

If you're trying to take your girl to breakfast, I see chicks hitting up Mama's, on Washington...Yelp for more details.

Back
Top Bottom