Nowitzki or Wallace?

I just a debate on The Herd w/Tim LeglerWallace had:Needed no help on the low postUnselfishDiverse on his offense (6'11" that can shoot it)Runs the floor ala Barkley

Sheed had all the talent & ability to be one of the best PF's to ever play... He could rebound, block shots, hit the 3, post up, & that fadeaway
eek.gif
Way too much length... Nobody was contesting that. His all around game was VERY impressive. What it came down to was Sheed not putting in the effort 100% of the time & Dirk did so he gets the edge.

Dirk. Easily.

While their games are comparable, their mind state is not. Rasheed may have all of Dirk's ability and maybe more (esp. defensively), but he's had almost none of his reliability. He's NOT team capt material by any stretch. He scores 15 pts a season for the other team via technicals.

With that said, LEFT HANDED THREES MY +$#*$?!?!
pimp.gif
... I miss Sheed
frown.gif

wallace and in rasheed?

dude was no doubt talented. always one of my favorites. but dirk has a shot that's unguardable. period. that trumps sheed's talents.

Dean Smith would get pissed when Sheed would take 3s, and when he went to the NBA, he went HAM. If dude actually gave a %@%@ and kept his !## in the post, his career would have been far better.

Sheed is one of my favorite players but after his Portland days he just he seemed bored on the court at times.

your grammar is awful. Are you asking who we think is a better player? Hmmmmm I'll take the one with these accomplishments

NBA Champion: 2011
NBA Most Valuable Player: 2007
NBA Finals MVP: 2011
11× NBA All-Star: 2002–2012
11× All NBA Team: 2001–2011

4× First Team: 2005–2007, 2009
5× Second Team: 2002–2003, 2008, 2010–2011
2× Third Team: 2001, 2004

dirk
but rasheed coulda been the best. had post moves, three ball, and played solid defense. guys like kg and tim duncan even said rasheed woulda been the best if he was able to put it together. still had a great career, tho

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Sheed had all the talent & ability to be one of the best PF's to ever play... He could rebound, block shots, hit the 3, post up, & that fadeaway
eek.gif
Way too much length... Nobody was contesting that. His all around game was VERY impressive. What it came down to was Sheed not putting in the effort 100% of the time & Dirk did so he gets the edge.

I think people forget just how talented Sheed was. Shame he couldn't put it all together
30t6p3b.gif

Til I die, IF Sheed ever had the hunger/drive that was required, he would be the best PF to ever live. 

Ever. 

And it wouldn't be close. 

But Sheed was in fact, Sheed.  He cared little about being anything more than he was.  Talent wise, he had no ceiling.  He was as fundamental as Tim, range even moreso than Dirk, defensive ability like KG, could pass as well as Webber, he just simply did not put in the same work/effort that they all did.  Add it all up, and he could have been a top 10 all time NBA player.  And I am dead serious.  And he's a former Blazer, so don't take me saying this lightly, I rarely speak well of Blazers. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Til I die, IF Sheed ever had the hunger/drive that was required, he would be the best PF to ever live. 

Ever. 

But Sheed was in fact, Sheed.  He cared little about being anything more than he was.  Talent wise, he had no ceiling.  He was as fundamental as Tim, range even moreso than Dirk, defensive ability like KG, could pass as well as Webber, he just simply did not put in the same work/effort that they all did.  Add it all up, and he could have been a top 10 all time NBA player.  And I am dead serious.  And he's a former Blazer, so don't take me saying this lightly, I rarely speak well of Blazers. 
laugh.gif
This is the best definition of Sheed's game. No doubt he had more talent than Dirk, but just like what had been said before he lacked the drive that was needed to be the best.

Everyone would take Dirk.

I hate the "if he reached is full potential" argument because i always try to use it for Penny and Vince Carter
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ever. 

laugh.gif
Screen capped. saved.  File backed up on external hard drive.
28e3608d55ed18f95ca35e5d712bbef3608fc85e.gif

Ever. 

laugh.gif

Couldn't have said it better

Back
Top Bottom