NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Finished the Hunger Games.
Its a dope read. Plenty of action.
I'm on the second book 'Catching Fire' pretty good as well.
Really great series.
Still reading the Jobs Bio

Just saw the movie trailer for hunger games and it looks dope! I didn't know there was a book, might pick it up. Do you think it will spoil the movie tho?

Originally Posted by Iamchris

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Finished the Hunger Games.
Its a dope read. Plenty of action.
I'm on the second book 'Catching Fire' pretty good as well.
Really great series.
Still reading the Jobs Bio

Just saw the movie trailer for hunger games and it looks dope! I didn't know there was a book, might pick it up. Do you think it will spoil the movie tho?

Not at all.
You never read a book and then watched the movie?

From seeing the trailer it looked pretty well adapted from the book.

Unless you want to be totally surprised what happens i the movie

Originally Posted by Regal Black

told myself that in the new year that I will start reading more, glad i found this thread. Now the question is, where do I start? I know there's so many books out there to read. I'm pretty much open to anything.

any suggestions?

The wondrous life of Oscar wao.
Get it, NAO.

I am currently reading Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.
smile.gif

Now that i'm on winter break I can try to finish most of A Dance With Dragons.  I know people didn't like the last few books but I'm really into the series and enjoyed book 4 and this one so far.
Has anyone read Murakami's 1q84?  It caught my interest since I saw it being sold on clothing websites which I thought was weird.  I haven't read any of the author's previous work.

I want to start the Hunger Games too.  The movie trailer made the books look really interesting.

reading  A Feast For Crows... so far pretty boring i'm 560 pages in
frown.gif
eyes.gif

i was hoping for an appearance of someone, but so far nothing.

Just finished War and Peace. The last fifty pages were laboriously difficult to get through, but, nonetheless, its an intriguing read and I can see why many critics view it as a cornerstone of the western canon and a consummate work of fiction.

Next up: Mason & Dixon. It's pretty damn funny so far and certainly a welcome change in tone from W & P.

Anyone ever read think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill I'm about to start reading that I heard it was pretty interesting and wanted some of you alls opinions

I'm about 2/5 of the way through a Dance with Dragons. Now that school started back up, I'm trying to get it done by the time the new season starts up.
Gonna try and read The Sister Brothers if I get a chance as well.

Originally Posted by shogun

Now that i'm on winter break I can try to finish most of A Dance With Dragons.  I know people didn't like the last few books but I'm really into the series and enjoyed book 4 and this one so far.
Has anyone read Murakami's 1q84?  It caught my interest since I saw it being sold on clothing websites which I thought was weird.  I haven't read any of the author's previous work.

I want to start the Hunger Games too.  The movie trailer made the books look really interesting.

just bought 1q84, havent started yet but you should def check out murakami, ive read all his books and highly recommend all of them, check out: wind up bird chronicles by him. 

I'm a third of the way through 1Q84 and I'm enjoying every bit of it. Don't hesitate to pick it up.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

told myself that in the new year that I will start reading more, glad i found this thread. Now the question is, where do I start? I know there's so many books out there to read. I'm pretty much open to anything.

any suggestions?
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It will make you love reading again. It's so damn good and Hosseini's deftness in controlling the progression of the plot, setting, and the character development and interactions are to be admired.

Just read More Money than God, which was about the history of Hedge Funds and how they've progressed from the first one created to now. It was a pretty informative and good read, would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about Hedge Funds.

I also just finished The Wolf of Wall Street. For a 500 page book it was a pretty quick read. Pretty entertaining book, it's got to be a little embellished, but not bad overall.

I'm looking for a new book to read next.

so happy to see NT reading..i just finished working at a coles over the holidays so i must say it reignited my passion for reading....couldnt remember the last time i read a book thru before this....but i mean i stepped my book game up heavily....i recommend "Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahnmen" but as for myself i just finished reading "The Magic of Rapport - Jerry Richardson" im into NLP if anybody knows about it and it was very good book to get back into things......but once again Bless up to NT family we steppin our knowledge game up

Back
Top Bottom