NT Book Thread: The More You Know--Summer Edition : 30% off INSTORE AND ONLINE COUPON PG6 EXP 7/2

I wish I could post up all my Borders rewards card coupons I could practically get up to 70% off any book
pimp.gif

I got one for everything I even got a 50% off any hard book I'm gonna use it to cop Marvel Civil War since I don't feel like spending $40 on a damncomic!

Finished two books so far "Velocity" by Dean Koontz and "The Alchemist". The 1st book started fast and ended slow, the 2nd book startedslow and ended fast. Both were good. Picked up "The Last Templar" from the library, but the amazon reviews aren't good so I may just return it.

Good looking out CincoSeisDos Borders tried to get slick with me the other day giving me a 25% off coupon for next week when I bought Less Than Zero. Thatplace is so shady.

You should be done by now
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Only 40 pages left
laugh.gif
Really good book. I'm gonna tryand pick up Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas today, but last time I was there they didn't have it
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I hear that. Personally I feel BN > Borders, but these discounts are enough for me to mess with them.

It's hard to believe that he was 21 when he wrote LTZ. I think i'll finally pick up Becoming Manny and Public Enemies

I got like 2 weeks to read PE before the movie drops so we'll see.

I'm looking for some books about Poker or Gambling, not how to but about it, like "Rounders" or some joint like that. They're alwaysinteresting, I remember reading about gambling back in 10th grade & it was dope, and i cant even think what it was called..

Any Recommendations?

^Bringing Down the House is good. Its about MIT students and how they cheat in 21 and stuff. Unless you have already read that though lol.

Read Beautiful Boy by David Scheff. Good read. Will probably pick up Tweak by his son Nic Scheff. Basically these books are about Nic's struggle with aMeth addiction.

Finished Less Than Zero, really looking forward to the sequel that's supposed to be coming out. California in the 80s really sounded crappy.

Finally found Fear and Loathing today. Picked it up and saved 5 bucks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Finished Less Than Zero, really looking forward to the sequel that's supposed to be coming out. California in the 80s really sounded crappy.

Finally found Fear and Loathing today. Picked it up and saved 5 bucks
pimp.gif
what'd you think of it?

I picked up Becoming Manny and Public Enemies. I'm gonna start PEtomorrow, 560 pages
eek.gif
laugh.gif
it's been awhile since I read a book more than 350 pages so we'll see.

I spent $26 on both, coupons came in handy
smile.gif

I liked Less Than Zero a lot. But it made me hate the 80s a lot and the promiscuity made me scratch my head. I'm from NY and judging by your sig/avyyou're from Cali, any chance you know if people were that sexual out there in the 80s? Just not giving a crap.

Haven't had time to read anything lately since I've been busy at work. I plan to start Fear and Loathing tomorrow.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I liked Less Than Zero a lot. But it made me hate the 80s a lot and the promiscuity made me scratch my head. I'm from NY and judging by your sig/avy you're from Cali, any chance you know if people were that sexual out there in the 80s? Just not giving a crap.

Haven't had time to read anything lately since I've been busy at work. I plan to start Fear and Loathing tomorrow.
I mean I know the drug culture amongst the affluent was intense, it's almost a mirror image now of how it was back then with the white andPills. When you're young and have money it's easy to get lost I guess: Either that or just reach a point where you don't know what to blow yourmoney on. These kids don't really care though and it rings true to this day. "I'm rich , +$++ it."

BORDERS in-store AND ONLINE CODE this weekend, 30% off:
http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon300625e.asp

bump this post. I finished reading city of thieves really entertaining. Finised it in a couple of days. i highly recommend it.
picked up choke because of some of the suggestions in this thread. ill be picking up less than zero later this week.

Just finished reading "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen.

It was a great read.

Either "Ender's Game" or "War and Peace" next. idk.

Just finished "The Israel Lobby". Very informative and well structured, didn't offer much in the way of solutions though.

Now I'm onto John Milton's "Paradise Lost". This book is a slow read, but it's something I've been meaning to do.

Back
Top Bottom