NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

When everyone thought cutting cord is cost effective with go with streaming platforms.

These increase in prices for streaming services were inevitable.

When everyone thought cutting cord is cost effective with go with streaming platforms.

These increase in prices for streaming services were inevitable.

Still better than cable. My mom was paying around $250 for three devices. Now it's just $75 or so with directvnow

Again, I say.

If you are worried about, "Missing your shows" when you cut the cables, I am telling you life will go on.

You will learn to live without them and adjust and take in the contact that is readily available to you.

With as much content that there is out there, it is almost crippling having to decide what to watch and what to skip out on

My directv now package price has increased twice since I started but it’s still way better pricing than cable
Man I thought the same until I did the math.

With internet service and DirecTV Now, I was spending about $170.

And I was grandfathered in with the biggest package for $65/mo.

They've managed to keep things pretty similar to cable pricing.

Man I thought the same until I did the math.

With internet service and DirecTV Now, I was spending about $170.

And I was grandfathered in with the biggest package for $65/mo.

They've managed to keep things pretty similar to cable pricing.
My package is $50 and my internet is $45. At $170 I could see why you wouldn’t keep it though.

Internet is 80, Netflix about 15, Hulu about 12, YouTube Red 11 = 118

Used to have cable, internet and the streaming services at about $190 all together. I'm saving a bit still

I just moved, so I signed up for Verizon which comes with a year of Netflix at about $82/mo, and Hulu is free with Spotify Premium and Amazon Prime now, I think.

I ended up getting HBO, Showtime and Starz on Prime for about $25 or so. I can't justify cable at all for myself anymore with all the other options out there.

Hell, I spend a majority of my entertainment time on YouTube.

I just moved, so I signed up for Verizon which comes with a year of Netflix at about $82/mo, and Hulu is free with Spotify Premium and Amazon Prime now, I think.

I ended up getting HBO, Showtime and Starz on Prime for about $25 or so. I can't justify cable at all for myself anymore with all the other options out there.

Hell, I spend a majority of my entertainment time on YouTube.

How would that situation play out had you already owned a NFLX subscription?

Internet is 40

If it isn’t on Netflix or Prime I don’t need it.

I’m not trying to spend as much on streaming as I did on cable.

I bum Netflix off my mom. :lol: I’m probably about to cancel prime. Don’t really use it and I’m not down with their ethics.

I still have a FIOS package (internet, Extreme HD Package,1 box). I'm going to downgrade my package as I still have a contract until September. I also have Hulu, Netflix, and Watch At&T cable as it came with the cell plan.

I did try out Sling for free when I bought my Roku and Firestick and canceled it as it had the same channels that AT&T had. After September I was thinking of Youtube or PS Vue.

Back
Top Bottom