NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Internet and xfinity basic-$30
Netflix/Hulu-my homeboy account
Amazon Prime-included in my annual amazon student subscription ( I got the .edu email from work)
Watch att tv- included with the cell phone plan
ESPN + - $50 annual

Basic I’m saving a ton monthly since I cut the cord, I’m lucky right now :lol: :pimp:
This is how you cut the cord. Some must've forgot the intent is to save money :lol:

Pretty sure I am about to cancel spectrum cable next month. I am stuck with spectrum wifi at my spot though. So I have hulu for free through sprint, disney plus, and this firestick cable I pay $20 for. Think my wifi will be $75.

Just moved to an apartment where the only internet provider is AT&T. They had a "deal" where I would get 300 mbps on regular 100 mbps/month pricing but doing speed tests, I'm definitely nowhere close to that speed.

Connecting via ethernet cable ~ 90 mbps
Wifi 5ghz ~80 mbps
Wifi 2.4 ghz ~ 30 mbps

spectrum internet: $90.99
disney+ bundle with hulu and espn+: $12.99
netflix: $12.99 (but i'm trying to get the wife to cancel her account)

i was paying around $200 for directv, but cut the cord and never looked back.

It's amazing that the internet alone is that expensive. Someone gotta come to market and do something about that.

i’ve been saying the same thing

but i think these companies knows thats everyones livelihood now so they charge whatever they want

im currently paying $77 for fios which isnt too bad

The internet prices are gonna keep going up unless Google Fiber and some others get the expansion and or they go into other areas. The people i heard that have had Google Fiber love it though.

internet - $79
netflix - $12.99
Disney+ - $6.99
youtube TV- 49.99

i would be spending like $10 less than with cable.... gotta buy my own router/modem so i can save more $$ instead of renting from xfinity...

Looks like the savings is linked to y'all cell phone carriers or discounts from student emails
I wish I had access to my .edu email still so I could get that Hulu x Spotify deal

Yeah I gotta stop being lazy and get my own router. Think my internet provider charges $12 a month for there's. I miss having xfinity. $50 a month was great.

Vue - $50

Fios - $50

Not sure what I’m gonna do when Vue dies, might play dumb when my wife asks what happened? All these streaming apps keep going up.

Just a heads up, but please don't fall for "internet speed." There's absolutely no such thing. A family of 8 wouldn't need 200MBps, so there's no reason any of you should be paying for that much bandwidth. You're just throwing money away.

If you're single, and all you do is stream 4K videos, then 30MBps is all you need. And that's being generous. A lot of you probably don't need more than 15MBps.

A lot of that depends on what smart devices you have, how many and how much upload speed you have. Also depends on price. Right now, gig speed can be had for $65 a month here in AZ. 140mbps is $55. Why not pay for gig and know youre never going to run out of bandwidth. Because, I'll tell you what... if youre whole house is smart, video doorbells, cameras, alarms etc, constantly communicating in the background and you have multiple users streaming 4k video, you can come quite close to needing all of it.

It's amazing that the internet alone is that expensive. Someone gotta come to market and do something about that.
That’s what I’ve been saying. **** keeps going up and uP every year. Everybody is “cutting the cord” to save money but it’s all dependent on having (fast) internet your streams.

Everything starts off at a low and price. Before you know it, you're paying through the roof. Verizon DSL that I got back in '08 was like $30. Spectrum has raised my bill 3 times in 3 years.

The internet prices are gonna keep going up unless Google Fiber and some others get the expansion and or they go into other areas. The people i heard that have had Google Fiber love it though.

Google Fiber isn't gonna move forward much. They only want to lease existing dark fiber and not place their own. Telco and Broadband companies aren't going for that.

Also, Broadband companies can raise prices when they want to. Traditional Telco companies have to get price hikes approved by the FCC and then state Communications agencies.

The advancement of internet connected devices is the reason why internet prices are going up.

The current devices we have now can't be compared to when your internet bill was $20-$30 circa 2004-07.

It's gonna keep going up cause technology keeps advancing everyday.

Back
Top Bottom