laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

does anyone have any jambalaya recipes?

My G, u can get the jambalaya Zataran mix. Quick and
easy, tells u everything u need, its kinda hard to mess
up.

sorry folks im homeless right now but here some joints i done hooked up lately

Jerk Chicken Wing. The recipe is on page 1

had a Crawfish boil a lil while back but i had a test run wit only me the homie and our two kids, the next day i made ettoufee
smokin.gif

[h2]Ingredients[/h2]
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra flour, optional
  • 1 cup chopped yellow onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more if desired
  • 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
  • 1/2 cup minced green onions, plus extra for garnish
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
  • 2 to 3 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
  • 1 (8-ounce) can clam juice
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (recommended: Ro'tel)
  • Salt (Cajun seasoning has salt already)
  • 2 pounds crawfish or shrimp
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • Rice, optional
[h2]Directions[/h2]
Note: To make roux, use oil instead of butter, because butter burns

Make the roux, mix oil and flour in a large heavy saucepan over low heat. Whisk flour into the oil to form a paste. Continue cooking over low heat and whiskcontinuously, until the mixture turns a caramel color and gives off a nutty aroma, about 15 to 20 minutes. To the roux, add the onion, green pepper, celery,and garlic and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are limp. Add the black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, greenonions, parsley, and hot sauce to taste. Add 1 can clam juice and the tomatoes with their juice, stir to blend. Add the salt, starting with 1 teaspoon, thenadd more if needed. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add shrimp and stir. It will take about 3 minutes forshrimp to cook, don't overcook. Remove from heat. Add the butter and stir; the heat from the dish will melt the butter. Transfer the etouffee to a tureen,serving bowl, or if you prefer, over rice. Garnish with the green onions.
GET BACK TO COOKING FOLKS
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by wcghost

does anyone have any jambalaya recipes?

My G, u can get the jambalaya Zataran mix. Quick and
easy, tells u everything u need, its kinda hard to mess
up.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MIXES thats the whole reason for this post my dog to get away from mixes. If to complex look up another fam i've justnever made it so i cant really recommend a good recipe.

Jambalaya courtesy of Food Network

[h2]Ingredients[/h2]
  • 2 pounds mild smoked pork sausage, or any lean high-quality smoked pork sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
  • 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh meat
  • 1 1/2 pounds onions, diced
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
  • 1 pound tasso, cubed
  • 3/4 tablespoon whole fresh thyme leaves
  • 3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh sweet basil leaves
  • 1/2 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/3 gallon chicken stock
  • 1 1/4 pounds long-grain rice
  • 1 tablespoon freshly chopped curly parsley leaves
[h2]Directions[/h2]
*Cook's Note: This recipe has been scaled down from its original version so that it can more easily made.

The most important thing is to use the right equipment and I would suggest the following: a 2-gallon cast iron Dutch oven, a high BTU gas stove, and a largestainless steel chef's spoon.

Use high heat to preheat the Dutch oven and add the sausage. Using a chef's spoon or large spoon, constantly move the sausage from the bottom of thepot. Be careful not to burn the meat. (Normally I use Manda's sausage because it has little fat, however at this point you may want to drain off all of theexcess grease to reduce the fat content from the dish.)

Add the thigh meat and brown the chicken on all sides. Again use the spoon to scrape the meat from sticking and burning to the bottom of the pot. Browningthe sausage and chicken meats should take 20 minutes. Be careful not to over cook the thigh meat to the point that it shreds.

Lower the heat to medium and add the onions and garlic; saute for about 15 minutes or until the onions are very limp and "clear". Scrape thebottom of the pot to remove all the "graton". This is where the jambalaya gets its distinct brown color and taste.

Add the tasso, thyme, basil and black and white pepper. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. This will give the seasonings time to release their oils andflavors.

At this point the jambalaya concentrate can be transferred to smaller containers, cooled to room temperature, covered and refrigerated for future use. (Thisis what we do commercially; it allows the seasonings to marry.)

When you are ready to cook the jambalaya, add the stock to the concentrate and bring to a rolling boil. Add the rice, reduce the heat to medium and gentlybreak up the rice. Using the stainless steel paddle, continue to insure that the rice is not sticking to the bottom of the pot; this is very important!

After about 5 minutes, fold in the parsley. Continue to scrape the pot to insure that no rice sticks to the bottom. When the jambalaya returns to a boil,reduce heat to the lowest possible setting and simmer, covered, for at least 25 minutes. Do not remove the cover while the rice is steaming.
[h2]Alternate Method:[/h2]
If Manda's brand sausage is not available, any lean smoked sausage can be substituted. You may have to remove any excess grease from the pot afterfrying down an unknown sausage.

For a richer jambalaya substitute turkey stock for the chicken stock called for above.

If no stocks are available, then chicken soup base can be used. Be careful with your seasoning, as bases are usually full of salt.
[h2]Plate Presentation:[/h2]
The jambalaya is best when served directly out of the cast iron pot. While the rice is steaming, the sausage and meat will have a tendency to float to thesurface of the jambalaya. Therefore, after the rice has steamed for 25 minutes, use the paddle to gently fold in the meat and seasonings into the cooked rice.This should only be done once or twice, the rice will loose a lot of heat and the rice will break apart.

Also note, I do not add salt to my jambalaya. This is because I like to use herbs, tasso and seasonings to satisfy the need for salt. I would suggest havingthe table set with salt shakers and a selection of hot pepper sauces.

Carne Asada jus add the fries

2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
Olive oil, for coating the grill
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped white onion
Shredded Jack cheese
1/2 cup Pico de Gallo, recipe follows
2 limes, cut in wedges for serving

Lay the flank steak in a large baking dish and pour the mojo over it. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours, so the flavorscan sink into the meat. Don't marinate the steak for more than 8 hours though, or the fibers break down too much and the meat gets mushy.

Preheat an outdoor grill or a ridged grill pan over medium-high flame (you can also use a broiler). Brush the grates with a little oil to prevent the meat fromsticking. Pull the steak out of the mojo marinade and season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill (or broil) the steak for 7 to 10 minutes perside, turning once, until medium-rare. Remove the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Thinly slice the steakacross the grain on a diagonal.

Mojo:
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plasticcontainer. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Use as a marinade for chicken or beef or as a tablecondiment. Yield: approximately 1 1/4 cups

Pico De Gallo:
4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
1 Serrano chile, minced
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. Toss thoroughly. Let it sit for 15 minutes hour to allow the flavors to marry

appreciated
pimp.gif
but Isnt there guacamole and sour cream? I think not too sure

what are the topping in those pics?
laugh.gif
Im sounding mah greedy

Originally Posted by edwardkingjr

what type of chicken fam? i mean what cut of chicken do you bake
Its the breast. I tried to put it in the George Foreman, but that joint always comes out dry and it gets stuck to the grill. Am I supposed tospray cooking oil on it or something thought it was supposed to be non stick. And when I put it under the stove in the pyrex with foil on top of it, the saucethat I let it marinate in always burns up.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Its the breast. I tried to put it in the George Foreman, but that joint always comes out dry and it gets stuck to the grill. Am I supposed to spray cooking oil on it or something thought it was supposed to be non stick. And when I put it under the stove in the pyrex with foil on top of it, the sauce that I let it marinate in always burns up.

So thats how it went huh ?
laugh.gif

Its the breast. I tried to put it in the George Foreman, but that joint always comes out dry and it gets stuck to the grill. Am I supposed to spray cooking oil on it or something thought it was supposed to be non stick. And when I put it under the stove in the pyrex with foil on top of it, the sauce that I let it marinate in always burns up.
Number one folk white meat is by general rule dryer than dark meat (just the way it is). if using the GF grill YES some kind of oil must be used.and as far as baking dont put SAUCE on raw chicken a Marinade is a Marinade, but sauce is a no go for raw chicken. Put your sauce on the last 15-30 minutes ofcooking. But for juicy chicken try a "brine" take about 4 chicken breast and put them in a mixture of water and salt (like a half gallon of waterand half cup of salt *this is not exact*) let the chicken sit in the brine from 4-6 hours. do that your chicken will not dry out i promise that (a brine alsoworks for pork the same way, it also works for beef but that will make Corned Beef i think)

^ Ok I actually meant marinade not an actual sauce, just couldn't think of the word. So I should buy like some pam or something and spray that joint onbefore I throw it on the grill? I'm going to attempt it again tomorrow

Originally Posted by JoRdAn fEtIsH

So thats how it went huh ?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
it was looking ugly
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga

good thread!

still in the af??? where u stationed?

yep got 6 months left till i go on terminal but im sittin at lackland in san antonio now but i will soooon be back in Florida with the sand in my feet and no uniform on my back w/ no job
frown.gif
but i will still be back home.

Serve Chilled and swoodh them joint sound like they on point i might have whip them up this weekend if i do i'll let yall know how it turned out

by any chance u know a guy name chaz aaron

Originally Posted by Kash Money23

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga

good thread!

still in the af??? where u stationed?

yep got 6 months left till i go on terminal but im sittin at lackland in san antonio now but i will soooon be back in Florida with the sand in my feet and no uniform on my back w/ no job
frown.gif
but i will still be back home.

Serve Chilled and swoodh them joint sound like they on point i might have whip them up this weekend if i do i'll let yall know how it turned out

by any chance u know a guy name chaz aaron

Naw man, where does he work?

Back
Top Bottom