NT, Ever Quit Your Job? How'd You Go

I'm planning on quitting my job tomorrow....I would like to know how some of y'all wentout....I'm thinking a simple email will suffice???

I used to work at Best Buy and I just kinda stop signing up for shifts
laugh.gif

One time i just stopped going and a couple days later they called and i told them i quit. every other time i put in my 2 weeks

If this is a corporate spot that you plan on allowing your next employer to contact, speak to your boss and give them a proper 2 weeks notification.
Sending emails is very impersonal ...

I have taken the lower road, when I got tired of being a Manager at NY sports club I took a trip to Jamaica w/ out notice ... Left a note on my Manager'sdesk "Gone to Jamaica".

Two fingers in the air and walked out.

True story.

Best/worst feeling of my life!

I've quit quite a few times, it's always a bit awkward especially when they just gave you a raise or are planning to give you more responsibility etc.

end of the day you feel better once you see their reaction and they aren't phased in the slightest. it's just business.

edit: you're not the first and you're not the last, but be a man and say it in person. that whole thing about burning bridges is only part of it.

It felt good when I quit. Walking out with a Steve Biko mentality "like f the system". Now I look back like damm i was making good money for my age.But the job was stressful and depressing at the same time. I was busting tables.

I just stopped showing up to work. They gave me a call but I never picked up my phone, after a while they got the idea that I was gone.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

If this is a corporate spot that you plan on allowing your next employer to contact, speak to your boss and give them a proper 2 weeks notification.

I have taken the lower road, when I got tired of being a Manager at NY sports club I took a trip to Jamaica w/ out notice ... Left a note on my Manager's desk "Gone to Jamaica".
LOL.....I wish, they have some BS contract that I signed which says I have to be withthe job for 6 months and if I leave they will charge me $6000+ for the training expenses...I guess it would be a pro-rated amount (I've only been there for4 months)

What about a typed letter? I wanna go in tomorrow and drop off all their @@@% and leave a letter onthe owners desk at the end of the day. I really won't be using this job as a reference...really and truly, I'm in a tight spot, seeing as I don'thave a new position to go to. I'm not sure how I'm going to explain another gap in employment. FML!!!!

I said to my manager See Ya Monday........................never went/looked back

Originally Posted by TD The God

Originally Posted by akuratl02

I have taken the lower road, when I got tired of being a Manager at NY sports club I took a trip to Jamaica w/ out notice ... Left a note on my Manager's desk "Gone to Jamaica".
LOL.....I wish, they have some BS contract that I signed which says I have to be with the job for 6 months and if I leave they will charge me $6000+ for the training expenses...I guess it would be a pro-rated amount (I've only been there for 4 months)

What about a typed letter? I wanna go in tomorrow and drop off all their @@@% and leave a letter on the owners desk at the end of the day. I really won't be using this job as a reference...really and truly, I'm in a tight spot, seeing as I don't have a new position to go to. I'm not sure how I'm going to explain another gap in employment. FML!!!!

Sounds like youre making a dumb decision.

Did you ever give that letter to the girl that was getting smashed so loud all the time that lives below you?

I quit my part-time job not too long ago.
They had just fired lots of employees and were switching up management.

My department managers were pretty cool but the store manager and other higher ups were a-holes.
Pretty much they hated me but my managers would vouch for me.

The higher-ups started to give me more hours and were teaching me more types of work to do.
Personally, I thought it was crap that they were trying to use me for their benefits.

So I would show up to work and just mess around knowing that they wouldn't fire me.

I would do stuff and the store manager wouldn't even say anything because they did not want me to get mad and quit.

One Saturday I showed up at noon, a couple hours late from my shift and a dep't manager asked me if my clock was broken.

I knew he hated me so I just told him I didn't feel like coming in until noon.

The look on the face of the guy was priceless.

Anyways, I told my dep't managers that it was my last day and I wouldn't be coming in anymore.

I don't think they believed me because I would always say that I was going to quit.

I didn't show up the next day and nobody called asking why I wasn't there for my shift.

That was that, feels good man.

I technically got fired...

But I stopped following the dress code (was showing up in jeans and tee shirts), started sleeping at my desk, wasn't doing ANYTHING I was asked todo...just coming in a chillin all day.

I was trying to see how long it took for them to fire me...4 days was the answer.

When they fired me I said, "I quit on Mon...I just didn't tell you."

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

But I stopped following the dress code (was showing up in jeans and tee shirts), started sleeping at my desk, wasn't doing ANYTHING I was asked to do...just coming in a chillin all day.

I was trying to see how long it took for them to fire me...4 days was the answer.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Did you ever give that letter to the girl that was getting smashed so loud all the time that lives below you?
Her dude hasn't been around for the past few weeks, so I'm assuming that mighthave stopped....I want to evict the broad anyhow, she sucks as a tenant....how you only get 1 parking spot yet you're taking up 3 and blocking my car in?Some people...

And nah, I never got the job I interviewed for....well at least I will learn if I get a 2ndinterview this week. The others were good, was called for a 2nd interview but was unable to fit in due to this job being real hectic at the end of themonth

I'm also thinking I might just go play poker for a living...last week I put in 15 hrs at thetables playing only 1,2$ NL and made 1500 easy. I do that 4 times a month and I'm golden....providing I can be consistent
grin.gif

jesus....some of you guys are too much...
toward the end of your shift go talk to your boss, tell them you are going to quit. Give them 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

a Letter of Resignation and telling your boss ahead of time
That's the issue tho, these guys are gonna try to do pull some Jedi Mind Trick BS,seeing as how it doesn't help them to have an open sales territory or a 3rd face in there in less than a year

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

But I stopped following the dress code (was showing up in jeans and tee shirts), started sleeping at my desk, wasn't doing ANYTHING I was asked to do...just coming in a chillin all day.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On a serious note, Pookieman.....why would you quit when you know your going to put yourself in a tight situation?
I suggest you hit up the poker table for two weeks straight to see if your as good as you think and if you make enough $$ to waste a month or two searching foranother job then you should quit. Otherwise quitting with w/o another job lined up seems dumb.

I usually quit with a bang. (if I don't need them as a reference)

When I quit McD back in the 10th grade I went up front during the lunch rush, made a large reese mcflury, chucked a duce and walked out. Great feeling.

Back
Top Bottom