NT Fam, what’s the Hardest Physical Activity you have ever done?

What’s up NT? As the title says, what’s the most physical challenging thing you’ve ever done?

I came back two weeks ago from doing the Salkantay Trek in Peru, it’s the alternative to the original Incan Trail. This option is harder, but the views are worth it. It was a little over 26 miles, due to time constraints we did it in 3 days, when usually the route is 5 days. The trail went through freezing temperatures, punishing terrain, and the elevation sickness had my head pounding. On top of that, I got sick the first night while camping and I couldn’t breathe through my nostrils to make things worse. However, we kept pushing through and eventually we made it. I’m very happy I did it, and once we made it to Machu Picchu, it made it that much sweeter to know we actually hiked it there. It was a great sense of accomplishment for me, although next time I’ll just take the trains and buses :lol:

salkantay.JPG

EDIT: Updating with some pics

IMG_9384.jpg
IMG_9429.jpg
IMG_9432.jpg
IMG_9457.jpg
IMG_9470.jpg
IMG_9518.jpg
IMG_9553.jpg
IMG_9613.jpg

Attachments

• machu.jpg
    machu.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Man, you got videos/pics. Forget what everyone else has done.

Sounds wild as hell.

How long did you rest afterwards?

post pics. damn dude congrats.

ive ran a half marathon in 2 hours n 19 mins. prob my hardest activity

Training for basketball season in high school. Had to have a sub 6 minute mile to be a pg/sg/sf. Took a whole lot of running to get it there. The day of timed runs ran a 5:17 threw up and just lay there on the grass. Have hated running ever since and never did it again (coach changed the next year).

Ditto in high school basketball. Runnning outdoor stadium lap miles in the Texas summer

That's funny you ask this today because I just earned my Spartan Beast medal from Killington over the weekend. That Death March is every bit as hard as people say it is/was. The whole climb up legit dozens of people cramped up to the side with agony on their faces. Feels Goodman to finish the Trifecta although my entire lower half is gonna be dead this week.

Here’s the course map.

FBC240B0-DD06-4475-8B43-78713D510932.jpeg

That's funny you ask this today because I just earned my Spartan Beast medal from Killington over the weekend. That Death March is every bit as hard as people say it is/was. The whole climb up legit dozens of people cramped up to the side with agony on their faces. Feels Goodman to finish the Trifecta although my entire lower half is gonna be dead this week.

Here’s the course map.

Wow this looks sick! I have to sign up for a race soon.

-20 rep breathing squats. I did an 8-week cycle, and by week eight my legs were in shambles. I remember the last time I did them my legs felt like two jello mold that someone just tapped. It took me forever to finish the set and when I walked out the rack, catch me telling my homey that was light work like.....

vl_u_m.gif

-Another time my stupid *** decided to do a triathlon, why, who the hell knows. That summer I was spending most of my time in Lucia, so I was training for it down there. It was cool because I had access to the ocean to swim, and I could run on the beach. The problem was cycling; because a roads were so trash in the northern part of the island, and traffic was so bad, I would drive to the southern part to ride my bike. This was cool until one day I had watched a stage of the Tour de France had the bright idea to ride my bike up on of Lucia's many mountains. And the bottom on that joint I was flying, dancing on my pedals like I was Alberto Contador or a juiced Lance Armstrong. Then I ran I to a problem I didn't account for. Driving in cars made me forget that the gradient on Lucia's mountains kicks up viciously like half way up. So when this happened, my *** was in the lowest gear fighting for my life to turn the pedals over. If someone looked at me from a distance, it looked like I was just standing still. People walking up the road were blowing pass me. Another thing I forgot is that attitude makes the air thin that breathing hard as hell; I was gasping for the slightest bit of air. To this day I still don't know how I made it to the top because I low key blacked out. Did ride up, did I get off and walk, I really have no clue. All I remember is being at the top, half passed out, under a guava tree, and my dad looking down at me asking me if I was alive. And if so, I needed to get out the front yard of the house I was laying in front of.

Me at the bottom of the climb....

tumblr_np3j10ODOS1urkx2so1_400.gif

Me at the top of the climb.....
b70qq6bz9mh54dgb26qw.jpg

Last edited:
Ran Cross Country a couple falls in HS to get in shape for hoop. I could beat the brakes off all those little dudes in a short sprint, but in 5-10 mile runs I was always DEAD last. It was humbling to say the least. :lol:

Nice trip jordman23 jordman23

Didn't think anybody on NT ever went backpacking. I work backcountry trails out in the Sierra's, been doing it for 6 years now and by far the hardest thing I've ever done.

Ragnar relay Texas hill country. I got stuck doing my 8 mile run at 2am which was absolutely bizarre.

Here’s the course map.

How is the Ultra 30+ miles but looks the smallest of them all?

Nice stories guys, man when you get to that physical state, the power of mind really does kick in.

At times of desperation, you have to force yourself to keep going because there was really no other option and then survival skills kick in.

Back
Top Bottom