NT Gardeners Thread

Thinking about getting an indoor set up to get my pepper seeds started. Probably won’t get them in the ground until mid April/May here in Boston
Last year was my first year so I messed up a couple times and didn’t end up with a harvest until like September. I wanna get a head start this year

anyone have one they recommend? Not too big
“Table top” size I guess

cs02132 cs02132

Check the post above.

But, I use these little planters that I have gotten over the years from plants I have bought. (Picture posted at the bottom).

But I just have a foldable table that I put near my window with the planted seeds.

When I water them, I place them in the sink and hold them there for a while.

What are you having in mind?

1614778289610.png

I was wondering if you had an indoor set up with lights and a heating pad etc
Was thinking about getting a small set up to get my peppers started indoors but prob gonna do the same as you, just keep them by the window. I have a spot close by a heater and the washer/dryer that’s pretty warm and gets good sunlight

I have a bunch of little containers too, gonna start planting soon within the next few weeks. It’s gonna start maintaining in the 40s here soon. Probably wouldn’t be able to move them outdoors until mid April/May so i gotta time it

this year I’m gonna focus on hot peppers, spinach, lettuce (romaine and green leaf, maybe some salad blends), cucumbers, and blackberries
I have some cayenne, banana pepper, jalapeño, and “salsa mix” seeds I need to start

for some reason last year I had trouble with spinach :lol: I gotta figure it out

You are in which City, State?

Man, I have bs'ed on putting these seeds down. I should have started a month ago so once the weather breaks for good I can put them outside.

I am in the process of having my place remodeled so until that is done (Probably by July), I am not making any big adjustments or buying any more tools.

But I plan on having a "PLant Room" when stuff is cleared up around here.

Gonna get some bonsais too
Not sure what kinds exactly yet but I know I want a Japanese maple. I want to make a little forest too

also gonna get some succulents, trying to make a little set up like this
531B77A2-5D62-43CD-9CCC-9C66A1C2A8CD.png

You are in which City, State?

Man, I have bs'ed on putting these seeds down. I should have started a month ago so once the weather breaks for good I can put them outside.

I am in the process of having my place remodeled so until that is done (Probably by July), I am not making any big adjustments or buying any more tools.

But I plan on having a "PLant Room" when stuff is cleared up around here.
I’m in Boston
We still have some snow on the ground and it was sub 30 this week. But it should warm up soon

this year I’m gonna focus on hot peppers, spinach, lettuce (romaine and green leaf, maybe some salad blends), cucumbers, and blackberries
I have some cayenne, banana pepper, jalapeño, and “salsa mix” seeds I need to start

I need to find a better spot for greens in my back yard because the sun completely destroys them since I get the most sunlight in my back yard.

I need to sitdown and map out what I am going to grow this Spring/Summer/Fall because I am not organized at all right now.

I might do that this weekend.

Don't know if anyone else here grows grapes, but is this normal?

20210310_185209.jpg

Wasn't sure if they are supposed to look like that or if it was a mold issue...

I don’t actually know much about nutrients and such but this is what I did last year and it worked great for me
I watched this guy on YouTube and followed what he did for my peppers

Haven’t used it yet but this is the one I got
VIVOSUN 10"x20.75" Seedling Heat... Amazon product ASIN B016MKY7C8

mix this soil with some perlite
Probably try this new one too

after about 2 weeks when they’re sprouting I give them
Osmocote 277160 Smart-Release Plant Food Flower & Vegetable, 1 lb Amazon product ASIN B00G8FF2UO

and after like 2-3 more weeks or so I follow the instructions for this set
These are beast I noticed a big difference once I fed the plants with this stuff

General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer set, 1 Quart (Pack of 3) Amazon product ASIN B017H73708

I had trouble growing spinach and lettuce last year. They would get to a certain point and then just be stagnant
I need to learn more about nutrients and such maybe that’ll help

I had trouble growing spinach and lettuce last year. They would get to a certain point and then just be stagnant
I need to learn more about nutrients and such maybe that’ll help
Same, I need to do more research on that. Last year just wasn't a good year for me.
My Tomatoes barely did anything.
My peppers were slow as well.

I think I need to get off to a better "start" with my seedling process.

Also, are you saving seeds from foods?

But in terms of the Seedling Soil Mixture, read over this when you can.

Make the Best Seed Starting Mix for Dirt Cheap (It's Organic Too) - Garden Betty

Same, I need to do more research on that. Last year just wasn't a good year for me.
My Tomatoes barely did anything.
My peppers were slow as well.

I think I need to get off to a better "start" with my seedling process.

Also, are you saving seeds from foods?

But in terms of the Seedling Soil Mixture, read over this when you can.

Make the Best Seed Starting Mix for Dirt Cheap (It's Organic Too) - Garden Betty
No I haven’t saved from food. I was gonna save some bell peppers seeds but I don’t really eat them enough to grow them
What do you save?
I wanna try to plant a bulb of garlic

that 3 bottle mixture I posted above worked really good with my hot peppers you should check it out

Back
Top Bottom