NT Gardeners Thread

Forgot to post that grass I laid down a while back in here ...this was last month, need to get an updated pic

56B81019-AAF5-4B74-ACFD-D06943CA71E6.jpeg

Ok, k, kale.
IMG_20190611_211922141.jpg

Got cherry and airlume tomatoes in the back bed.

Basil in the back bed next to peppers.

Planted squash and cucumbers in my main garden (not pictured.) And it's my first year doing okra (i love okra) and sweet potatoes.

Last edited:
36D09A71-3CA5-4138-B566-87C0BF38149C.jpeg
EF73AC0E-9A7D-4986-ADE2-CBDC88E28BB7.jpeg

I dont even f**k with the gardening thing heavy but i called myself planting some red kidney beans about 3 weeks ago, & they started growing in a few days ago

I would suggest that you stop uprooting the plant to check the progress . Just let nature do her work and have patience.

:Eggplant

Good progress though. It is really easy stuff man. Keep it up.

Last edited:
dope thread. I've grown tomatos, peppers and some other things like strawberries in the past but had to move and gave what I could to the neighbors...
its time to start over where i'm at now. i'll post pics when I can.

I kind of want to grow carnivores plants and very spicy peppers for some reason. some weird stuff you never see outside of youtube or something, lol.

That's a nice eggplant up there. Was looking into growing some watermelon and carrots. Each take about 3 months. Any tips?

Glad to see gardeners on NT

I just ordered this seasons seeds. I used to manage a veggie greenhouse, but the veggie industry is brutal. So now it’s just for fun
4CC53B09-720B-48FA-B8A1-0F07150ADED8.jpeg

switched over to this to pay the bills. In a legal market of course
3C72D24B-741C-4681-AE84-8A3CFBC7AE56.jpeg

That's a nice eggplant up there. Was looking into growing some watermelon and carrots. Each take about 3 months. Any tips?

watermelons can take even longer than that. They finish in the summertime so best get them going soon.

carrots are quicker, especially if you harvest at the younger sizes(taste is better than way too). Plant the seeds in shallow rows. Thin them out to be 1” or so apart as they sprout. They do much much better in well drained, loose soil. if the soil is too chunky you’ll have weird shapes and difficulty growing them.

I busted the tiller out and worked up the garden this evening 👨‍🌾

Any suggestions for what I should plant? Already have peppers, tomatoes, and onions in mind

Gardening is one of those hobbies that is so satisfying if you are able to put the time and labor into it.

I busted the tiller out and worked up the garden this evening 👨‍🌾

Any suggestions for what I should plant? Already have peppers, tomatoes, and onions in mind
Start small. You are doing it right. Tomatoes and pepper are simple ones.

There are so many resources on YouTube but I mess with

Hollis & Nancy's Homestead - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPVn9bDOp3DfMMKjPrEsIOw/videos

Self Sufficient Me - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/markyv69/videos

Home & Garden - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbxbwh7MV5YOJ2HMzAu2zDg/videos

Back
Top Bottom