NT - Help Me Decide on New Car Vol. Totaled

Not to knock you but white folks understand the game that sadly alot of us minorities don't. I understand everyone wants the nice things in life but that flossing ain't it. Save your money. Build some wealth and give yourself peace of mind to not have your future at the mercy of others.

Alot of these rich people drive basic cars for a reason. Don't make yourself a target for fake people. You mentioned your boss makes six figures but drives a kia. He/she understands the game.
Sage advice. Spending it all as you make it to impress others is a fool’s errand. Having the dough in your account to open your own shop or pursue a dream in your mid forties, instead of your sixties, trumps flossing any day.

Interesting with the mixing of job politics and cars. I personally seen a co-worker get passed over for promotion because he bought a Porsche with some family oil money he came up on. I sat on the promotion board and the person who got the promotion recommendation drove a beat up civic and the board kept saying the civic owner would appreciate the extra money and the Porsche guy was just working as a hobby:smh:

A lot of people I work with drive thier beaters to work and drive thier luxury vehicles on the weekend

Reactions: wr
How are you mindful about copping a Range, but pulled up daily in a Benz? :lol:

Benz exudes class. Range is a little more “look at me”.
I’m a classy dude, b.

Sage advice. Spending it all as you make it to impress others is a fool’s errand. Having the dough in your account to open your own shop or pursue a dream in your mid forties, instead of your sixties, trumps flossing any day.

I hear you. Part of growing up is knowing when to check your spending habits.
I’m on to this game white people play man. Been around it long enough at this point.

You ever seen some of these people’s choice in clothing tho?
At the end of the day I gotta answer to myself. I’ve already acknowledged I am willing to stunt a little less harder than my last vehicle...which truthfully isn’t stuntin all that hard anyways.

Benz exudes class. Range is a little more “look at me”.
I’m a classy dude, b.

I hear you. Part of growing up is knowing when to check your spending habits.
I’m on to this game white people play man. Been around it long enough at this point.

You ever seen some of these people’s choice in clothing tho?
At the end of the day I gotta answer to myself. I’ve already acknowledged I am willing to stunt a little less harder than my last vehicle...which truthfully isn’t stuntin all that hard anyways.

Nah. diego diego not really directed at you. In general folks wanting you to blow your dough on something that won’t enhance your life one bit. Your previous ride was fine. Just folks get caught up in a badge on the car and not what it’s purpose is.

Used to go visit one of my boys. His folks rolled in a couple year old minivan and the kids were getting their kicks from the Nike outlet. But their house was the corner lot in a neighborhood with tons of pro athletes houses up and down the street. We would go drive around and my boy was like my dad owns that restaurant and that restaurant and that apartment complex and that row of houses. Taught me a lot watching his dad through the years. Dude had true financial independence. Having tons of money coming in while not having to continue spending your time to make that happen is priceless.

Also there is this office/work politic aspect if you are a boss/owner. I dont have this issue but have a friend that thinks about this when buying a new car.
my-boss-arrived-at-work-in-a-brand-new-lamborghini-i-31566725.png

Office politics are real. And your vehicle choice is definitely noticed.

That said, I know you say you're a lease cat. I would look at leasehckr and find an SUV on there that has a high residual right now and just go with that.

I know you said you didn't want to stunt too hard but the Maserati Levante is pretty lowkey. It isn't THAT expensive, and I don't think it gives off the Benz or Porsche truck vibe. And they lease well.

Hate to dig up an old joint, but I’m in a similar situation myself. Trying to stay practical but still flex lightly. SUV suggestions? X4? RDX/MDX? Q5 (is that too small for a grown *** man)? A brotha needs some guidance B :lol: I never trusted American cars/ SUVs

I love the GLE but a CPO one/used from a reliable dealership is out my price range. I also don’t need a big *** truck with 3rd row seats :lol:

diego diego what’d you end up getting fam?

Hate to dig up an old joint, but I’m in a similar situation myself. Trying to stay practical but still flex lightly. SUV suggestions? X4? RDX/MDX? Q5 (is that too small for a grown *** man)? A brotha needs some guidance B :lol: I never trusted American cars/ SUVs

I love the GLE but a CPO one/used from a reliable dealership is out my price range. I also don’t need a big *** truck with 3rd row seats :lol:

Unsatisfied with the car thread responses? :lol:
What's more important reliability or flexing?

Until this thread i never thought about not driving a nice car to work for status...I assumed people drove beaters to minimize wear and tear on their nicer vehicles...I drive an 09 Jeep. I really want a new car but dont mind not having a car note. When I do get one, I plan on it being the Range Defender or the Lexus Truck. But hopefully I will be working from home at that point

practical but slightly Flex? try your hand at a Chevy TrailBlazer SS.

Until this thread i never thought about not driving a nice car to work for status...I assumed people drove beaters to minimize wear and tear on their nicer vehicles...I drive an 09 Jeep. I really want a new car but dont mind not having a car note. When I do get one, I plan on it being the Range Defender or the Lexus Truck. But hopefully I will be working from home at that point

solewoman solewoman If you're planning on buying, go with the Lexus. Range/Land Rover are strictly lease vehicles.

Regarding status at work, it all depends on the size of the organization. You work at a larger organization with a dedicated HR then you're less likely to be targeted for driving a nicer vehicle than your superiors.

At a smaller organization it's easy for assumptions to be made about your wealth and status.

:rofl: i forgot I posted in there :lol: I def appreciate the responses in there regardless

and flexing, with at least 4-5 years of reliability
Respect the honesty
Tbh I'd look for a used Lexus best all around platforms imo
Lol

If ur peers judge u for ur whip and that affects ur job growth go to another company. That sounds toxic
Its toxic as hell but it's all real b cuzzo was telling me about corporate life and all the pettiness that goes on. :lol:
practical but slightly Flex? try your hand at a Chevy TrailBlazer SS.
Hos like my tbss but we have a diffrent culture over here I doubt NYC hos would like it lmao
20190301_160645.jpg
20190920_113234.jpg

solewoman solewoman If you're planning on buying, go with the Lexus. Range/Land Rover are strictly lease vehicles.

Regarding status at work, it all depends on the size of the organization. You work at a larger organization with a dedicated HR then you're less likely to be targeted for driving a nicer vehicle than your superiors.

At a smaller organization it's easy for assumptions to be made about your wealth and status.

Why lease only?

NYC is littered with older ranges sitting on blown air suspension because the owners can't afford to fix them :lol:

Back
Top Bottom