NT how did you quit smoking weed? I'm finna quit.... (Srs topic.. Mods pls lock if inappropriate..)

Sup nt, havent posted for a minute, anyways

i'm finna quit weed. i think it's screwing my head psychologically, or I think it will in the long run.... been on that dank for just about over a year now, and recently I been losing interest in school, feeling moody, thoughts of trying harder drugs, a little depressed sometimes even.... oh and my short-term memory is horrible now. I keep losing small things and forgetting simple tasks.

I know it's not that serious atm, but i know it'll haunt me in the future.... and I just know it'll build up. And I been a bit less social....

ppl say it aint addictive.. but trust me, it is. I keep thinking about doin it, thinking it's s'all good since i'm just chilling, but I think it's negative effects are getting to me... it COULD be just my brain, but I know weed is contributing.
anyways just wanted your 2 cents on quitting.. how did yall do it, did your life turn out for the better?

(mods pls delete if anything.. just wanted nt's thoughts)

oh and

Spoiler [+]
in B4
59026814b0f8142f29fadecece2ce5c84700e026_t.gif

Can't you...just quit? Everybody's different but I stopped without really caring. Now...cigarettes on the other hand.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Can't you...just quit?
yeah it aint hard

but did you get your brain back? i feel like my brain is like fried after smoking for so long bro.. did you get your old self back

just cut back? I'm in cali and got my prescription back in feb 09' and chiefed pretty much daily for about the same time, got myself a dope 6-arm sheldon black perc'd bubb too that ripped real smooth
2fa26f62d5803c793da2847474432e8a18996b6b.gif
99036e6f21778bc4c84839f029de7ce81ee1d4e3.gif
.  But earlier this year in january I switched up and started just vaping twice a week to keep it in check, had the same problems going as you but i've probably been depressed the last few years so herb is is basically life relief. 

Best thing to do is start by staying sober on weekends, like don't toke/fap etc.. on weekends and eventually you can add whatever weekdays and better manage the game known as life.

I guess im more worried about its longterm effects than anything.. been feeling kinda depressed lately, forgetting things, losing interest academic-wise (still getting pretty good grades), losing confidence/swag, losing interest towards my passion/hobbies, brain seems to overthink things alot (maybe like what im doing now, becoming more paranoid)..... think it might be from the green?
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

I know how you feel, weed also give me a depressing feeling sometimes. I start to think about what i should be doing in life etc.
Just start to smoke less, then quit for a few days even tho it will be hard.
After a week i lost the strong urge and started to feel less tired and jittery.

If you smoke again after this just do it a few times or less a week , you shouldn't get that addictive feeling.

I never really lost short term memory, i dont really remember specifics about certain days tho.

Can I sort of borrow this thread and make it about Cigarettes as well?

Thanks, I knew you'd be okay with it.

So I just started to quit cigs.. I'm on day 4 and have had 1 cigarette in that span..and that was today.
frown.gif

I broke and had to have one sadly... I'm very agitated towards people and a bit on edge.. I'm on the patch and it's helped curved the cravings but the main thing I want to know is when will the desire to smoke completely be gone to anyone who has quit successfully. I've been meaning to stop since August but half-assed my attempts, I'm serious about it this time and the the 3 days prior to me smoking 1 today was the longest I've gone without one and it felt great. To anyone who has insight on quitting cigarettes, please share.
happy.gif

To OP:

Now that I got that out of the way, I quit marijuana about.. 2 years ago. It was difficult, I never thought I could do it because prior to that I smoked DAILY, at least a 20 bag for a good 3-4 years. I got to the point where I wouldn't get high anymore but just did it because it was something to do. I wanted to quit sooner but a friend would hit me up and be like "yo, we gettin' up, you down?" I didn't have it in me to say no because well, I was addicted to the whole routine and what-not. The best thing I can say is just avoid it by finding a new hobby or staying away from the people you know who smoke non-stop and whoever you smoke with. Not completely cut ties with them, but tell them you're busy whenever they ask you to smoke or whatever, it's the only way to break away from it because if you're around them when they are smoking, there's no question that you yourself will smoke with them because you're already in the presence of it. Me quitting also attributed to other factors that I will not get into unless you really need me to.. but you need to just stray away from places that remind you of smoking and that whole routine. I know how you're feeling, you want to stop but don't have the will to say no and that's normal because you've been smoking for a while. You're probably not as interested in it as you once were when you first started, I was the same way.. just break away from it.. do something to better yourself. I wanted to stop because I was in a rut and felt that it was due to me doing drugs (weed wasn't my only drug of choice), I abused it and it wasn't as fun as it was. The best time to smoke is when you're happy and things in your life are going well, it's clear that you're not in a good place right now.. so you need to better yourself before you go back to it.

I know some people might think what I just typed is a joke and i'm a dork for saying weed affected me in such a manner, but it did along with the other drugs I was taking. You'll be aight tho OP, weeds not as serious but you def. need to be in a good mindset to enjoy it's positive.

Originally Posted by hymen man

To OP:

Now that I got that out of the way, I quit marijuana about.. 2 years ago. It was difficult, I never thought I could do it because prior to that I smoked DAILY, at least a 20 bag for a good 3-4 years. I got to the point where I wouldn't get high anymore but just did it because it was something to do. I wanted to quit sooner but a friend would hit me up and be like "yo, we gettin' up, you down?" I didn't have it in me to say no because well, I was addicted to the whole routine and what-not. The best thing I can say is just avoid it by finding a new hobby or staying away from the people you know who smoke non-stop and whoever you smoke with. Not completely cut ties with them, but tell them you're busy whenever they ask you to smoke or whatever, it's the only way to break away from it because if you're around them when they are smoking, there's no question that you yourself will smoke with them because you're already in the presence of it. Me quitting also attributed to other factors that I will not get into unless you really need me to.. but you need to just stray away from places that remind you of smoking and that whole routine. I know how you're feeling, you want to stop but don't have the will to say no and that's normal because you've been smoking for a while. You're probably not as interested in it as you once were when you first started, I was the same way.. just break away from it.. do something to better yourself. I wanted to stop because I was in a rut and felt that it was due to me doing drugs (weed wasn't my only drug of choice), I abused it and it wasn't as fun as it was. The best time to smoke is when you're happy and things in your life are going well, it's clear that you're not in a good place right now.. so you need to better yourself before you go back to it.

I know some people might think what I just typed is a joke and i'm a dork for saying weed affected me in such a manner, but it did along with the other drugs I was taking. You'll be aight tho OP, weeds not as serious but you def. need to be in a good mindset to enjoy it's positive.
this was insightful... thanks for it fam appreciate it.

I also want to quit because its hurting my relationship between me and my parents.. they found my care package a while back, and knows I smoke, so everytime i head out late, they know i'm smoking but they are too nice to accuse me of doing so...i love em for that, but damn bro, damn

Good luck with your struggle. Dependency on anything but air, food, water and yourself is a bad feeling...

no prob man.. my parents were the same way, but i think its worse when your parents give you a free shoot when they KNOW you're doing something that they don't want you to do, they should at least confront you about it.. i feel at least. i mean at the end of the day, it's up to you if you want to smoke or not and it has nothing to do with them, but i think if my parents would of talked to me about it knowing I was smoking I would of kept their feelings and thoughts in my head before indulging in other things.
laugh.gif
not blaming them at all, my parents are great and supportive in every way.

you'll be alright man.. it's not worth it.. get your life straight first and when you smoke again, it'll be that much better. good luck.

I haven't smoked in over 3 years, before that i was smoking almost everyday for over 4 years...I quite because as the years went on I needed more and more to get stoned..So I was basically buying OZ to QP to last longer and hustle here and there...then BOOM got pulled over..had an OZ in gym bag...it was a wrap..was in jail for the weekend..80 hours of community service..1 year probation..It opened my eyes I did not need it in my life, I started working out,eating better, and found a great job..never been happier!

Originally Posted by UnderMedicated

I know how you feel, weed also give me a depressing feeling sometimes. I start to think about what i should be doing in life etc.
laugh.gif
How is this a bad thing?

Originally Posted by Ground King

I also want to quit because its hurting my relationship between me and my parents.. they found my care package a while back, and knows I smoke, so everytime i head out late, they know i'm smoking but they are too nice to accuse me of doing so...i love em for that, but damn bro, damn
 Sorry that the war on drugs got to your family. You're out getting blunted, not burning houses down or hurting anyone. Not that srs when you really think about it.

i know how you feel i went through the same thing
as much as i love mary i had 2 chill for awhile to get my head cleared

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
How is this a bad thing?
Isn't a bad thing at all, point is I was smoking instead of working towards a goal.
I love smoking but being high 24/7 is not productive.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
How is this a bad thing?
It can be a bad thing because you think about it only in negative terms. When I used to smoke at times I would get in this frame of mind where I was convinced that every decision I'd ever made in my life had been a catastrophic mistake. Not a fun state of mind to be in.
As to OP's question, it may be difficult to break a habit that you've come to rely on, but you have to realize that your fundamental sanity could be at stake. Weed can alter your mind to the point that it changes the way you look at the world even when you're not high. For some people, this is a good thing and allows them to expand their horizons mentally in a way that's beneficial. But to many, myself included, it can become overwhelmingly negative. It can make you overly self-critical and can have a negative effect on your confidence and perception of self. If you are experiencing any of this, or anything else that you perceive to be negative, you owe it to yourself to stop smoking for a significant amount of time so that you can understand how weed is really affecting you. For me, once I stopped smoking I was in a much better place mentally. I stopped over-thinking things, became more productive, and generally regained my footing in terms of self-confidence. If you don't make a similar decision to stop and stand by it, weed's negative effect on your life will just grow and grow and will be harder to cut off. So basically, it's stop now and regain whatever weed may have taken from you, or let it take more. 

I quit smoking over the summer and I gotta admit its hard. Best advice really is just to find other hobbies, I needed to take that "I gotta smoke" energy and put it somewhere else so I started jogging daily. It was hard especially considering my lounges were trash but it's easy now. Just take it a day at a time n u will be cool OP. I'm def here for u tho. Quitting is hard but worth it

Back
Top Bottom