NT, How Do You Make Friends?

I'm seeing this girl and she's really great and all that, but a lot of times she gets down on herself for not having very many friends. She desperately wants to have a circle of friends she can call her own. She's always asking me for advice on how to go about asking acquaintances to hangout, but I'm not really so sure what to say.

I have different circles of friends I hang out with, but I never consciously thought about how one goes about making friends. It just sort of happened. I know at first I went out of my way sometimes to try things I never did before, no gay stuff.

So NT, what advice can you give to someone looking to make friends? I guess things you could say to ask someone to hang, but not look desperate.

I'm seeing this girl and she's really great and all that, but a lot of times she gets down on herself for not having very many friends. She desperately wants to have a circle of friends she can call her own. She's always asking me for advice on how to go about asking acquaintances to hangout, but I'm not really so sure what to say.

I have different circles of friends I hang out with, but I never consciously thought about how one goes about making friends. It just sort of happened. I know at first I went out of my way sometimes to try things I never did before, no gay stuff.

So NT, what advice can you give to someone looking to make friends? I guess things you could say to ask someone to hang, but not look desperate.

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Friends are overrated

she should stop looking
True to an extent, the exisiting "friends" that I have aren't dependable. 
Anybody ever feel like you're a better friend to your friends than they are to you? 

Friends are overrated

she should stop looking
Anybody ever feel like you're a better friend to your friends than they are to you? 

Recently she asked how she could approach a girl at school to hang out. I said I think you could tell them something you’re going to do on the weekend and ask if they’d like to join you. This way it doesn’t seem like you’re dependent on doing this activity based on their participation, but rather something you’re going to do regardless, but you’d enjoy their company.

Recently she asked how she could approach a girl at school to hang out. I said I think you could tell them something you’re going to do on the weekend and ask if they’d like to join you. This way it doesn’t seem like you’re dependent on doing this activity based on their participation, but rather something you’re going to do regardless, but you’d enjoy their company.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Friends are overrated

she should stop looking
this. 

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Friends are overrated

she should stop looking
this. 

Real talk..i dont have friends. I dont have anybody i can depend on besides my family.

Growing up, i didnt have time to make friends cause i was always home looking after my little brother when mom was at work. So while everyone was out playing, i was stuck at home
ohwell.gif
Now i have clue to make friends, however im really humble/social dude. At first, it felt bad and lonely, but i got over it and started to spend more time with the family...."friends" are just overrated to me
eyes.gif

Real talk..i dont have friends. I dont have anybody i can depend on besides my family.

Growing up, i didnt have time to make friends cause i was always home looking after my little brother when mom was at work. So while everyone was out playing, i was stuck at home
ohwell.gif
Now i have clue to make friends, however im really humble/social dude. At first, it felt bad and lonely, but i got over it and started to spend more time with the family...."friends" are just overrated to me
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 23kidd

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
The way I see it with you is that you learned how to be more responsible which is an admirable quality to have 
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
The way I see it with you is that you learned how to be more responsible which is an admirable quality to have 
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif

how can you say something you've never had is overrrated? seems you tell yourself that so you don't feel as bad for not having any...

you didn't at least have friends in class in MS/HS?

OP how old is this girl? there's no secret to making friends...you just meet people...she should just try talking to people she's in class with and hope something comes out of it

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif

how can you say something you've never had is overrrated? seems you tell yourself that so you don't feel as bad for not having any...

you didn't at least have friends in class in MS/HS?

OP how old is this girl? there's no secret to making friends...you just meet people...she should just try talking to people she's in class with and hope something comes out of it

Back
Top Bottom