NT I'm Worried About College Vol. What are my chances (pics)

broaden your choices. its all about networking and work ethic at any school you choose

You dont have anything to worry about. Try to take the hardest classes possible while in HS, cuz if u have the opportunity to do it there, its free. If u slackoff ur SR year, it'll come
back and bite u in the ***. I didn't have a high GPA, but I graduated w/ 300+ credits (220 to graduate), so i took the basic classes in freshman yr ofcollege instead of the remedial
ones for the people who DID slack off. Grades are not everything, just get ur credits up and take the hardest classes possible(w/out killin yourself) if u dontget in where u want, go to a cc, TAKE THE CLASSES YOU HATE (for example i hate science, now i gotta take that class to graduate) SO U CAN GET THEM OUT OF THEWAY, you dont want the classes you hate to be the ones that prevent you from graduating college...hs is a breeze, and applying for college is stressful, butits not as bad as people make it seem...YOU WILL
BE FINE

Try to get that GPA a little higher and you should be good come SAT time lookin at how you did on the PSATs. I wouldn't stress it too much tho, you'regoing to get in somewhere regardless.

wootton represent
smokin.gif

bump, thanks for the replies guys.
kidposite, any idea where you're going to school?

went back to that self esteem ruining site. regardless i doubt i'm getting into uva, where else should i apply?

you'll be fine dude...you're GPA is plenty good enough as it is plus you have time to get it up.

Why let someone else decide?! I never understood people who let other people dissuade them from applying to schools you want to apply to. You never know. Theyaren't the admissions board and neither are you. Apply to where you want to apply and do what you need to do. Stop worrying about things that aren'tultimately in your control like where you get admitted to and focus on the things that are in your control like keeping your grades up and being involved inclubs.

Yo don't worry at all. I go to UMD and looking at your gpa with ib classes, you will more than likely be fine. I believe my weighted gpa was a 3.6 orsomething like that, and all of your S.A.T scores are better than mine were. Now with that being siad UMD is more difficult to get into than other so of courseyou have to do more than just get those grades. Make sure you are doing extracurricular activities so that way you seem well rounded and also they don'texpect a 4.0 if you actually have other things going on such as clubs, sports, or work. Your essay for your application is very important you gotta make sureyou sell yourself well as that is the only opportunity they get to meet you. So yeah don't worry man and if you have ny questions about UMD in paricular pmme. Also schools themselves will inflate the incoming classes gpa and sat scores to make it seem more competitve than it is so don't worry.

Originally Posted by West2East

Why let someone else decide?! I never understood people who let other people dissuade them from applying to schools you want to apply to. You never know. They aren't the admissions board and neither are you. Apply to where you want to apply and do what you need to do. Stop worrying about things that aren't ultimately in your control like where you get admitted to and focus on the things that are in your control like keeping your grades up and being involved in clubs.

i think that was the best point. thanks

U betta apply to safetys because your grades are too low. If you get it to a 3.4 or 3.5 Unweighted then you may have a chance. You have a shot at UMD tho,Your gonna have to murder that SAT to have any shot at places likes UVA and William and Mary. Don't let ppl a collegeconfidential stress you out cuzthey're just the best of the best wen it comes to HS stats.

community college is wack...real talk and especially if you have night class.theres not sexy females theres nothin but old fat ugly females....i needa transferasap to NY and find me a dominican hunnie!haha

Originally Posted by nicefro

bump, thanks for the replies guys.
kidposite, any idea where you're going to school?
probably like maryland, maybe villanova cause all my siblings go/went there

Dude your kind of similar to me, I am also in the IB program and have about a 3.0 (unweighted)/3.7 (weighted) and a 2150 SAT and 33 ACT, I'm really worriedabout college too.

I applied to:
UC Berkeley
UC Los Angeles
UC San Diego
UC Davis
UC Irvine
USC
Stanford
Dartmouth
Wake Forest
Boston College
Claremont McKenna
Pitzer
Occidental

Hopefully, I get in to UCSD, USC, LA and Berkeley are out of my range barely and a fluke could get me in, Stanford and Dartmouth was just plain reaches tosatisfy my parents, Boston and Wke Forest are kind of reaches, not as much as Berkeley and LA, but who knows. The other 5 should be pretty good and I'llget in.

All you can do is wait and hope for your higher picks to get back to you and understand that you can't change what they think about you because what'sdone is done

That's pretty much my exact situation. Except I'm not even in CA, so I have pretty much zilch chance of getting into an UC schools.

Isn't IB supposed to give a lot more weighted pointss?

Being black is a plus.
If your school is respected for sending a lot of kids to school, tat is a plus
Just have a positive mind and try to make connections. And if it comes to it reccomendation letters could be your breaking point, so make sure thos teacherslove you.

I know for a fact that your GPA is good enought to atleast get into UMD. You could also get into Penn State or WVU depending on what you got on your SAT's

Back
Top Bottom