NT I'm Worried About College Vol. What are my chances (pics)

How much do these summer programs come into play, I just applied to MIT's MITES, and LEAD SBI @ UVA

I bet you those people at CollegeConfidential probably have no social lives.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by nicefro

How much do these summer programs come into play, I just applied to MIT's MITES, and LEAD SBI @ UVA
MITES is really, really good. if you get in, it's practically automatic admission into MIT. i know a few people who went a couple years back,and they all got into MIT. it's definitely not easy to get into though, so i wouldn't necessarily "bank" on getting in unless you know youknocked your application out of the park.

you will definitely get into Maryland b/c you're a minority. i know a black kid who got in early action this year with i think a 3.1 and 1700-somethingSAT.

The thing is I don't even want to get into MITES. I have no desire to get into MIT. I just sent in my application for the LEAD Program @ wherever I chooseto attend it at (UVA, Dartmouth, UPenn, etc.), and I'd much rather go there.

MITES is 6 weeks dude, can't fade that.

Originally Posted by SrxKrooklyn

Isn't IB supposed to give a lot more weighted pointss?

Being black is a plus.
If your school is respected for sending a lot of kids to school, tat is a plus
Just have a positive mind and try to make connections. And if it comes to it reccomendation letters could be your breaking point, so make sure thos teachers love you.
Yeah IB makes a huge difference for weighted GPA, at least at my school. I have a 6.1 now because of it. Probably the only good part of IB lol.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Being black is a plus.
Just have a positive mind and try to make connections. And if it comes to it reccomendation letters could be your breaking point, so make sure thos teachers love you.
Yeah IB makes a huge difference for weighted GPA, at least at my school. I have a 6.1 now because of it. Probably the only good part of IB lol.

What does that mean on a 4.0 scale? The last 2 years every one of my classes has been weighted and the max I could get is a 5.0 with staright A's

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Being black is a plus.

What does that mean on a 4.0 scale? The last 2 years every one of my classes has been weighted and the max I could get is a 5.0 with staright A's

That's what it means for me as well.

Back
Top Bottom