NT Lawyers.....Vol: Under-insured Motorist

I made a post before regarding something about this same incident. Basically, I was a stop light, chick wasn't paying attention from behind and ended up causing a 4 car collision ( she hit one from behind and then the domino effect)

Well its been over 6 months and I have yet to get anything. They said she was under-insured and they are splitting 10k amongst the 3 cars she hit. My estimate was the highest ($8400) and they said they can pay $6,200 after they adjust for the remaining cars since they only have 10k to work with, I said %+#* it, and accepted since I didn't really give a damn about the car anymore (sold it a month ago). This was 2 months ago and they are waiting on the other party's to agree before they give anything to anyone. I'm getting tired of waiting since the other cars might not agree and they have 2 YEARS to decide if they want to accept the offer or not.

Do you think I need an actual lawyer to take this to court? It seems like clear cut case but small claims in Cali has a limit of 7500 I believe. Also,  should I be suing the guilty party or her insurance company?

Back
Top Bottom