NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

pimp.gif
@ this thread

Been lurking for a long long time now, finally made an account to show my appreciation for this thread. This year has definitely been rough especially the last few months, but this thread helps keep me positive. Keep it going fellas and ladies.

Been lurking for a long long time now, finally made an account to show my appreciation for this thread. This year has definitely been rough especially the last few months, but this thread helps keep me positive. Keep it going fellas and ladies.

I've always been drawn to this excert from the Dalai lama, "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. The purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but to create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion. We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

You can read the rest of some of his thoughts here.

On a personal note, I'm trying to raise my 7 year old son to be a good person whose respectful of everything around him.

I've always been drawn to this excert from the Dalai lama, "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. The purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but to create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts. This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion. We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

You can read the rest of some of his thoughts here.

On a personal note, I'm trying to raise my 7 year old son to be a good person whose respectful of everything around him.

Originally Posted by frontline

Glad to hear fam'!As for me, setting up my driver's license test tomorrow...I have until November to get my license, since that's when I start Barber College.Seeing a lot of my friends going to Texas A&M, UT, Baylor University, etc..Bothers me a bit 'cause I know I could have made it up there too!Not in a hating way, but more like damn you should have tried harder!It's cool though 'cause I know my passion is music and being social.What better way to do that then to be a barber and DJ.Setting my plan to motion...After a while I'ma open up my own shop.I am motivated, nothing can stop me!Have family supporting me, I'm single so no stress.I want to get in shape though, also have 3 months to lose some pounds to make a nice first impression.Be 19 in about a month, still young.I got my health, family, friends, NT, and faith!

Originally Posted by frontline

Glad to hear fam'!As for me, setting up my driver's license test tomorrow...I have until November to get my license, since that's when I start Barber College.Seeing a lot of my friends going to Texas A&M, UT, Baylor University, etc..Bothers me a bit 'cause I know I could have made it up there too!Not in a hating way, but more like damn you should have tried harder!It's cool though 'cause I know my passion is music and being social.What better way to do that then to be a barber and DJ.Setting my plan to motion...After a while I'ma open up my own shop.I am motivated, nothing can stop me!Have family supporting me, I'm single so no stress.I want to get in shape though, also have 3 months to lose some pounds to make a nice first impression.Be 19 in about a month, still young.I got my health, family, friends, NT, and faith!

quick check in!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

quick check in!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thunderbird

Started my second year of college today
pimp.gif

Got a fresh cut
Spoiler [+]
262400_220909397959746_100001220613544_662374_4058284_n.jpg
Broke these out...
Spoiler [+]
25b26c2658c4fcc4ab3b8f8a5ecee99324b72f10_s.jpg
This very cute girl on campus (no pics
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
) said hi to me
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ate some Taco Bell
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

getting my body, mind, and soul right. feelsgoodman.

FEELS%2BGOOD%2BMAN%2BDOG%2BTEXT.jpg

Originally Posted by thunderbird

Started my second year of college today
pimp.gif

Got a fresh cut
Spoiler [+]
262400_220909397959746_100001220613544_662374_4058284_n.jpg
Broke these out...
Spoiler [+]
25b26c2658c4fcc4ab3b8f8a5ecee99324b72f10_s.jpg
This very cute girl on campus (no pics
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
) said hi to me
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ate some Taco Bell
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

getting my body, mind, and soul right. feelsgoodman.

FEELS%2BGOOD%2BMAN%2BDOG%2BTEXT.jpg

-Got laid off 3 weeks ago
-ddnt get to register for fall classes, but looking forward to add classes in October
-Had an interview today at 7am
-now I'm smoking a joint to the face, surfin the web on my iPad

Rmmber this, if y'all on the very bottom right now feeling like $%##, there's no where else to go but the top.

-ddnt get to register for fall classes, but looking forward to add classes in October

Rmmber this, if y'all on the very bottom right now feeling like $%##, there's no where else to go but the top.

Originally Posted by Messyyy

Remember this, if y'all on the very bottom right now feeling like $%##, there's no where else to go but the top.
thanks man

Originally Posted by Messyyy

Remember this, if y'all on the very bottom right now feeling like $%##, there's no where else to go but the top.
thanks man

Ill share a few, glad school is coming along nicely, job interview coming up that seems enticing, already employed. Lets go.

Ill share a few, glad school is coming along nicely, job interview coming up that seems enticing, already employed. Lets go.

My girl dumped me last night saying that I'm too immature for a relationship.

She was bad as hell, though so this next round of me being single is gonna be an upgrade in grade of chicks.

Bout to take this time to concentrate on work and school instead of *+@!$%, though.

Now that my nights are free, ill be able to get more work done and save alot of money.

Also, I crashed my car on Saturday. Through that I endedup meeting a really cool old native American woman. She gave me an idea for a book and some to talk to about it.

At the end of the day I'm just going to kick it into overdrive in order to he'll me deal with these things and to improve myself and my life.

Nothing but positivity over here.

My girl dumped me last night saying that I'm too immature for a relationship.

She was bad as hell, though so this next round of me being single is gonna be an upgrade in grade of chicks.

Bout to take this time to concentrate on work and school instead of *+@!$%, though.

Now that my nights are free, ill be able to get more work done and save alot of money.

Also, I crashed my car on Saturday. Through that I endedup meeting a really cool old native American woman. She gave me an idea for a book and some to talk to about it.

At the end of the day I'm just going to kick it into overdrive in order to he'll me deal with these things and to improve myself and my life.

Nothing but positivity over here.

Back
Top Bottom