NT Texas Chime In

Is Texas really where it's at. Everyone I know is moving to Texas post college and are making bank. I flip through people IGS and it seems like dudes are really making money down there.

^exactly if I moved to Texas it would probably be in Houston or Dallas I don't do well with small towns.

Depends on your occupation. A lot of dudes flipping drugs out here, work at refinery's, or get u a degree n a 9-5

houston ausitin and dallas are all flourishing....dont know much about san antonio other than it sucks.

but yeah houston > austin > dallas 

dallas is boring. 

Dallas isn't boring at all. Best city in Texas hands down. But yes it depends on what you're looking for work wise.

Bring a book to read in Houston when you're sitting in traffic going nowhere for hours every day

The traffic in Houston was absolutely ridiculous, but I live in Atlanta so it's not like I'm not used to it.

I was born and raised in Dallas. Moved to Houston in 03 to go to school. Never left. I love the diversity, and the economy. Only thing I hate is the traffic

Yea the traffic is a pain and also add all the road construction going on. The oil & gas, tech, and healthcare job market is growing down here

Never compare your behind the scenes to someone else's highlight reel

Dallas Houston, Austin and San An all have their good and bad about them

They're not necessarily making bank...

It's just that 80k gets you a hell of a lot more here than in DC, NY, LA...

The big cities are like any other big city...

Just cheaper...

People are nice too... Southern charm.

I think I'm going to move out of Texas for a couple years, but I ultimately want to come back....

Never compare your behind the scenes to someone else's highlight reel

Dallas Houston, Austin and San An all have their good and bad about them

They're not necessarily making bank...

It's just that 80k gets you a hell of a lot more here than in DC, NY, LA...

The big cities are like any other big city...

Just cheaper...

People are nice too... Southern charm.

I think I'm going to move out of Texas for a couple years, but I ultimately want to come back....
My man in Dallas trying to make me move there. He said $200k will get a dope house. I don't think you can even get a trap house at $200k in LA. Homes I'm looking at are older 1500 sq ft joints running no less than half a mill.

I had a good experience in Houston. Flew there to interview at a job. Met at Stafford office. Got food poisoning in the way over. Company offered me extended hotel stay until I feel better but I just wanted to go home. Wasn't used to seeing such open spread of land though. And also wasn't used to going through toll roads :lol:. Was scared to get a ticket in a rental car.

Traffic, Horrific Drivers, Potholes(which I still don't understand why Richmond/Westheimer,MidTown,Upper Kirby have it the worst) and Oppresive Heat and Humidity..
Other then that Houston is a great city to raise a family and gets you the most bang for your buck for cost of living.
Austin, Dallas, San Antonio are my secondary list in order. Not going to lie though El Paso has some fine women dwelling there though. When driving back from Cali, had to stay there for a couple of days and WOOO...

Moved to houston last August and just like the others my only complaint is the traffic and road conditions. I don't do the nightlife thing often, but when I do I love it. People are pretty cool and it's very diverse like back home (dMv).

Job wise, I know there's a lot more opportunity than I'm after right now, but my goal isn't to be in corporate industry for that much longer.

Does anyone live in West Texas (El Paso, Odessa), South Texas (Laredo, Brownsville, Corpus Chrisiti), or North Texas (Lubbock, Amarillo)?

My man in Dallas trying to make me move there. He said $200k will get a dope house. I don't think you can even get a trap house at $200k in LA. Homes I'm looking at are older 1500 sq ft joints running no less than half a mill.

I had a good experience in Houston. Flew there to interview at a job. Met at Stafford office. Got food poisoning in the way over. Company offered me extended hotel stay until I feel better but I just wanted to go home. Wasn't used to seeing such open spread of land though. And also wasn't used to going through toll roads :lol:. Was scared to get a ticket in a rental car.

Yooo :nerd:

I saw a job opening in Stafford that I'm interested in. Another one in North Austin too.
Thought about making the jump, been going back and forth between the two. Houston has so much diversity which I really like, but Austin is hands down one of the best cities in America.
North Texas gets boring after a while.
I'll miss the seasons though :lol:

Does anyone live in West Texas (El Paso, Odessa), South Texas (Laredo, Brownsville, Corpus Chrisiti), or North Texas (Lubbock, Amarillo)?

I got a lot homies working in West Texas. Odessa/MIdland specifically . They say it's crazy af out there. Prices for everything are through the roof because of the oilfield boom (it's slowing down though). Lots of sex, drugs, and violence from what I'm hearing. A lot of young people with a lot of cash acting reckless. People always getting into car wrecks. Area is like the modern day wild west.

South Texas is beautiful anywhere you go.

Whatever you do, stay away from the Pan Handle :lol:
Literally an eye sore.

Last edited:

Dallas is a pretty cool place. Been here for the past 3 years and had a bunch of enjoyable experiences, some bad.

There is TON of construction going up around here. All kinds of European cities and master planned communities going up.

Frisco is the place to be. They broke ground for the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters, so I know there will be an influx of people for the jobs.

I think a couple of other Fortune 500 companies are moving their world headquarters here in the enxt couple of years, so if you want to get in, now would be a good time.

The food is meh save for a few spots around town. Downtown needs a vast revamping to catch up w/ uptown. I think more money will be put into it because i think people are starting to spill out of uptown due to the prices

I used to live in south texas for a couple years.

Corpus christi is nice but the only problem is that it's small.

South texas is not like the other parts of Texas. They are late for a lot of things because it just takes longer for things to get out there.

My brother lives in Corpus now and he loves it. They have some of the most beautiful homes right on the beach.

I wouldnt live there because I fee like i need a faster pace.

it's a heavy mexican population down there.

I think if i had to choose between Corpus and SOUTH texas.. I'd go south texas... They're a few hours a part, and Corpus feels more city to me.

Dallas is a pretty cool place. Been here for the past 3 years and had a bunch of enjoyable experiences, some bad.

There is TON of construction going up around here. All kinds of European cities and master planned communities going up.

Frisco is the place to be. They broke ground for the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters, so I know there will be an influx of people for the jobs.

I think a couple of other Fortune 500 companies are moving their world headquarters here in the enxt couple of years, so if you want to get in, now would be a good time.

The food is meh save for a few spots around town. Downtown needs a vast revamping to catch up w/ uptown. I think more money will be put into it because i think people are starting to spill out of uptown due to the prices

You tryna go to that Floetry concert July 2nd though? It's at Medusa. I need 3 more people so we can get a table and bottle service (it's $90 a ticket). Medusa VIP area is sexy as hell with the balconies and glass. GF is pregnant, and short, so the GA admission ($30) won't really work. There's a few couches in GA but they fill up fast and you can't see as well from there.

Back
Top Bottom