NT verdict Dunk or Hard Lay-up

I don't really care if they're technically dunks or not but

its not like they "really" have to jump higher to throw it in
They have to be up just as high as they would to dunk it. It's not possible to throw it down through the hoop if their hand isn't above the rim...

I don't really care if they're technically dunks or not but

its not like they "really" have to jump higher to throw it in
They have to be up just as high as they would to dunk it. It's not possible to throw it down through the hoop if their hand isn't above the rim...

I don't really care. All I know is whenever it happens, there's usually a lot of force involved throwing the ball through the hoop like that, and I'm entertained either way.

I don't really care. All I know is whenever it happens, there's usually a lot of force involved throwing the ball through the hoop like that, and I'm entertained either way.

Those aren't dunks. Like someone mentioned they should be called "lay-downs" or something else because a dunk involves touching the rim. i.m.o

Those aren't dunks. Like someone mentioned they should be called "lay-downs" or something else because a dunk involves touching the rim. i.m.o

r1lg0z.jpg

- dunks.

This is related to the whole "dunked on" or "dunked by" nonsense.

If you go up, and THROW the ball downward, whether you touch the rim or not, that's a dunk to me. The act of the dunk doesn't need the rim in my mind, if you're that high and can throw it down, it's all the same.

Also, for the record, if you contest a dunk and are trying to block it, regardless of whether the dunker gets his whole body on you, that's getting dunked on in my mind. I don't believe in the whole "dunked by", that's just something people say to save face for when their player gets dunked on. You go for the block, don't get it, that means you get dunked on.

This is related to the whole "dunked on" or "dunked by" nonsense.

If you go up, and THROW the ball downward, whether you touch the rim or not, that's a dunk to me. The act of the dunk doesn't need the rim in my mind, if you're that high and can throw it down, it's all the same.

Also, for the record, if you contest a dunk and are trying to block it, regardless of whether the dunker gets his whole body on you, that's getting dunked on in my mind. I don't believe in the whole "dunked by", that's just something people say to save face for when their player gets dunked on. You go for the block, don't get it, that means you get dunked on.

Back
Top Bottom