NT verdict Dunk or Hard Lay-up

smh.. this again.

people who say that you need to touch the rim in order for it to be a dunk shouldn't watch basketball.

that is all.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The best example of this:

His hand is nowhere near the rim yet he still "dunks" it somehow..
laugh.gif
Nowhere?
30jobgi.jpg

Granted this might be the most extreme case of it, but he's still bringing the ball downward, and in this case his hand does actually come close to the rim.

I don't get what people are confused about just because they're not touching the rim, that's always been a dunk... it's only recently people seem to try and make a case for it being "a hard lay-up" just because.

And if we do want to get technical Merriam-Webster's definition of a slam dunk...

a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket

On the first replay 0:14-0:15 mark, his hand looks like it isn't that close to the rim.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The best example of this:

His hand is nowhere near the rim yet he still "dunks" it somehow..
laugh.gif
Nowhere?
30jobgi.jpg

Granted this might be the most extreme case of it, but he's still bringing the ball downward, and in this case his hand does actually come close to the rim.

I don't get what people are confused about just because they're not touching the rim, that's always been a dunk... it's only recently people seem to try and make a case for it being "a hard lay-up" just because.

And if we do want to get technical Merriam-Webster's definition of a slam dunk...

a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket

On the first replay 0:14-0:15 mark, his hand looks like it isn't that close to the rim.

Lay downs seem like the best compromise.  Or you can say flush. 

Saying dunk just seems weird to me. 

Lay downs seem like the best compromise.  Or you can say flush. 

Saying dunk just seems weird to me. 

by everyone's standards... this isn't a dunk either then

his hand never touches the rim

vince_carter_dunk_contest1.jpg

vince_carter_dunk_contest1.jpg

Originally Posted by al3x89

smh.. this again.

people who say that you need to touch the rim in order for it to be a dunk shouldn't watch basketball.

that is all.
/Thread. $+$! is pathetic

smh.. this again.

that is all.
/Thread. $+$! is pathetic

I'm pretty sure they meant their hands weren't within reach. That dunk was overkill.

I'm pretty sure they meant their hands weren't within reach. That dunk was overkill.

half...actually more than half of you clowns never dunked in your life. Shut up and argue something you know about. Its a dunk. If you jump high enough to put the ball thru the rim then its a dunk. Goodnight.

half...actually more than half of you clowns never dunked in your life. Shut up and argue something you know about. Its a dunk. If you jump high enough to put the ball thru the rim then its a dunk. Goodnight.

Back
Top Bottom