NT verdict Dunk or Hard Lay-up

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Typical trash NT sports thread. Instead of discussing things that matter in sports like offensives schemes or defensive match ups you guys get stuck up on technicalities of a play that will happen 1 out of 3000 dunks. Good Job NT.
now that you've gotten that off your chest, feel better?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Typical trash NT sports thread. Instead of discussing things that matter in sports like offensives schemes or defensive match ups you guys get stuck up on technicalities of a play that will happen 1 out of 3000 dunks. Good Job NT.
now that you've gotten that off your chest, feel better?

I still dont understand where people get this "hand must touch the rim" idea when it comes to dunks.  
laugh.gif

I still dont understand where people get this "hand must touch the rim" idea when it comes to dunks.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The best example of this:

His hand is nowhere near the rim yet he still "dunks" it somehow..
laugh.gif
Nowhere?
30jobgi.jpg

Granted this might be the most extreme case of it, but he's still bringing the ball downward, and in this case his hand does actually come close to the rim.

I don't get what people are confused about just because they're not touching the rim, that's always been a dunk... it's only recently people seem to try and make a case for it being "a hard lay-up" just because.

And if we do want to get technical Merriam-Webster's definition of a slam dunk...

a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket

laugh.gif
Nowhere?
30jobgi.jpg

Granted this might be the most extreme case of it, but he's still bringing the ball downward, and in this case his hand does actually come close to the rim.

I don't get what people are confused about just because they're not touching the rim, that's always been a dunk... it's only recently people seem to try and make a case for it being "a hard lay-up" just because.

And if we do want to get technical Merriam-Webster's definition of a slam dunk...

a shot in basketball made by jumping high into the air and throwing the ball down through the basket

laugh.gif
nah son thats just a jump hook with some extra gusto.

laugh.gif
nah son thats just a jump hook with some extra gusto.

laugh.gif

It's not a dunk. Not sure how you can say it is.
What Melo does is far different....when he does his dunk where he avoids the rim...he could touch the rim if he wanted to.

None of these other dudes could have touched the rim...or they would have. Not a dunk. 

laugh.gif

It's not a dunk. Not sure how you can say it is.
What Melo does is far different....when he does his dunk where he avoids the rim...he could touch the rim if he wanted to.

None of these other dudes could have touched the rim...or they would have. Not a dunk. 

if someone i know gets dunked on like that. it is what it is. he's not getting out of it by sayin the guy didn't touch the rim so it doesn't count.

Talbert

if someone i know gets dunked on like that. it is what it is. he's not getting out of it by sayin the guy didn't touch the rim so it doesn't count.

Talbert

layups

Thx Op, I been bs'n on starting these threads...just because you throw the ball through the rim doesn't make it a dunk

layups

Thx Op, I been bs'n on starting these threads...just because you throw the ball through the rim doesn't make it a dunk

I know what they are...things that most of you short un-athletic dudes in here can do 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. For what it's worth I'm ground bound until after surgery and rehab myself, so I'm talking about me too.

I know what they are...things that most of you short un-athletic dudes in here can do 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. For what it's worth I'm ground bound until after surgery and rehab myself, so I'm talking about me too.

smh.. this again.

people who say that you need to touch the rim in order for it to be a dunk shouldn't watch basketball.

that is all.

Back
Top Bottom