Nters in the military check in..

Im thinking about joining the Air Force,or Navy.Everyone I know love it.Is it really what its cracked up to be?Do you like it?

please dont all check in at once  
embarassed.gif

Joing the AF, been in for almost 5 years, been to iraq twice and afghan once. a great way of life. AF definitely takes good care of there people. Ive been able to go to school on a consistent basis. You have to put up with bull and thats with any branch. I'll be switching to the Army if i get accepted to OTS come this fall though
tongue.gif
smokin.gif

I enlisted last week.. Army.. Supposedly I ship out in September but I'm def not trying to do what I chose for my MOS. Im in the process of switching it up.

<- US Air Force Delayed Entry Program (DEP)

Waiting for one of my job choice slots to open.. then basic training, hopefully in Aug-Sept
pimp.gif

Well I wanted to ship out all 3 times but the first and second was by choice, after my tour from afghan in 2008, i wanted to take a break but was notified a couple months later that i had to go back to iraq. kinda sucks right then but im single with no kids and no commitments to the states so i just left.

Air Force. good pay. easy #++ lifestyle. cool duty stations. depends on what you're looking for. pretty big decision.

I was in the Army.

It was ok.  Made lots of life long friends and had a lot of wild experiences.  If I could go back I wouldn't change a thing.

I also don't sleep well anymore, have temper control problems, and lots of aches and pains.  I would not want to do it again.

Im still trying to see what job I wanna do.Im doing construction now but i was thinking about probably like becoming a male nurse because there will always be jobs for that.

I have no kind of rank so I would be an E1 making like $1447 a month...but my cousin who's in the army said all that would be mine because everything is supplied, do you find yourselves spending alot of money?

army national guard checkin in...im at university on track to graduate while still doing the army thing on the side like i never left the city...has its bull u put up with but it doesnt last that long being that ng is "part time" lol

Ask yourself what goals you want to reach by joining Armed Services. Then ask yourself why those goals are important to you. Then ask what value those important aspects offer you. Then realize that you need to enlist in the U.S. Marines.

Good luck, either way.

I plan on going to the military after residency, or during residency if I can get the specialty I want in there.

I really wanna go because it's a steady job for years. Right now I'm doing construction and might go to an apprenticeship program but the program is 4 years also, and I'm kind of getting tired of construction.So this was my next choice.I'm 20 years old no wife and kids so why not?

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

I was in the Army.

It was ok.  Made lots of life long friends and had a lot of wild experiences.  If I could go back I wouldn't change a thing.

I also don't sleep well anymore, have temper control problems, and lots of aches and pains.  I would not want to do it again.

please tell me youre on disability. especially if the Army is why you have these issues.

I'm in the Army currently deployed to Kuwait. I've been in for almost 2 years. It's a good experience and you get to travel the world and meet people from all walks of life. You also realize how good me have it in America compared to everybody else. Trust you won't take the small things for granted anymore. On the bad side though it takes you away from your fam. But the best best is to take advantage of all of the benefits that you get. When you get out you can the GI Bill which will cover your living expenses when you go to college. And some states pay for most of veterans tuition. The military is what you make of it some hate it and some love it.

Originally Posted by ADDICTION

I'm in the Army currently deployed to Kuwait.
yo son Kuwait is not a "deployment".....you go through there for RNR or when you going home...it's a GREEN ZONE....SMH @ pogs drinking coffee and getting fat while we bust our $*# on the front lines with nothing...but i wouldn't ever change it..i've met great guys being in the army...knowing they would die for you and that you would die for them...nobody can be closer than that...

Back
Top Bottom