NTers over 30. How does life change?

What is more important - job growth opportunities or cost of living? All my friends and fam are in nor.cal but it is just way too expensive out here.

My advice? Stop worrying about 6 years down the road. Enjoy life now. You may not make it to 25, let alone 30.

Not much will change from 29 to 30, btw. It's just a number. You can bet on your body not feeling the same, however. That's inevitable.

- Continue working out = more aesthetics

- More advanced in your career = more $$

- More hobbies / side hustles = more enjoyment

- Don't get tied down = less hassle / risk

What else am I missing? Sounds like 30s are pretty good.

Last edited:
25 and scared of this age so much.. Glad I've done so much by this age owned my own business gained 7 years of sales experience which rings bells at any sales jobs. I honestly think it I get my marketing degree I'll be good. I already gotten offers for 52k entry level jogs that u just needed my degree for. I just need to stop partying and worrying about my business and get a degree.i know people 35+ renting homes or apartments and I swear that won't be me but I'll probably get my own home by 35 the latest.

Last edited:
^ Everyone is different, but home ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be, IMO. Not in this day and age.

There are obviously perks to it, but I think people tend to get so wrapped up in the pros and feeling like they HAVE to own by a certain age, that they overlook the downsides to ownership. Just a thought.

Having worked a year full time since graduating, I feel like there's so little time.

Wake up, work, workout, cook, eat, sleep. 

One of the reasons why I don't want kids. Even less time to pursue my interests/hobbies

Having worked a year full time since graduating, I feel like there's so little time.

Wake up, work, workout, cook, eat, sleep. 

One of the reasons why I don't want kids. Even less time to pursue my interests/hobbies
Man :smh:

Yep I'm only 24 and I need balance and purpose....feeling like a airhead out here walkin Around with goals that I'm not pursuing...I also need discipline

I'm really thinking about stop drinking for a while or only for legit celebrations...

I also finding myself not eating healthy anymore and sleeping less daily

I'm not complaining because there all things I can Change, I just have to do better

Last edited:
Like it's been stated in this thread already, age differs for different people. People age differently, OP just focus on what you want to do in life and enjoy it. In this day an age, your age isn't as much of a hindrance as it used to be.

When you hit 30, you can start to sense the increasing desperation of females after they turn that 25 year corner.

I'm more responsible. I don't put important things off like I used to. I care even less now about what other people think. I don't hang out with people and don't really feel the need for it. I'm more aware of signals from women, but care less than I ever have about pursuing/conquering. I don't spend as much money on clothes/shoes and take pride in clothes/shoes that I've been able to keep in good condition for years.

I've never owned a home and I'm in no rush to own one.

you'll want fewer numbers of certain things, and instead seek out the finer/finest versions of said things you desire...right?

Last edited:
31 here, have 2 boys and my life is starting to center around them. I want them to have opportunities and live a life better than I had growing up. I'm in the military so in 7 years I can hopefully retire and then have time to do a lot of stuff I have been wanting to do. Like travel, etc.

At 30 I bought a house and took a 30 year mortgage but plan to pay it off in 15. This will save myself over 160k in interest. Rather I sell or keep the house it will open a lot of options for me at 45.

The 30s are great to be honest because it stems from a base of greater self awareness. Quality becomes more important. Your body does start to break down unfortunately, so you understand how people stay in the gym, don't drink, don't eat certain foods, sneeze loudly etc. It's not even necessarily breaking down, you're just learning to do things the right way as opposed to just blasting through your youthful days.

damn nose hairs need trimming every few days
Damn you too?
31 here
Son...**** is ridiculous.:lol:

For me, it was just a number. I had dreaded my 30th since i was 26 lol. Woke up that day, at 30, nothing changed. three years later, I turned 33 last month.. it's not so bad. My knees crack a lot tho lol
I turn 30 in July. Crazy how much my joints crack now.:lol:

Other than that just working. Life got pretty ******* boring. I didn't really have the opportunity to travel in my 20s, so that's my focus going forward. DR in June, hopefully Australia next year.

Some solid advice in here.

I turned 26 in January and I my mindset has changed a lot from the age of 22. I can only imagine how different it will be once 30 comes along.

Back
Top Bottom