NTers who joined from 1999 to 2002....come in here real quick.

When I was 11 and in 5th grade my best friend came to school one day with a pair of white AF1 mids. I really liked them but didn't want to buy the same pair so I went into Footlocker and found these...

View media item 592475

I didn't stop buying Jordans from there. I found Niketalk when the black/red 11s dropped in 2001. I lurked for a little and then joined in 2003 when the WC3 came out.

Would always buy retros to wear to school and the latest model for basketball. I started with the white/blue 16s.

I used to get my dalitso on in middle school. Who remembers these shirts?

View media item 592476

View media item 592478

The SB scene came full force in 2004 and started to die out around 2008. I remember unloading all my DS kicks right before I went to college and I stopped going on NT at that point as well. I won't lie SBs turned me into a reselling monster and I didn't wear the majority of the kicks I owned when SBs came out. I really thought I was doing it by reselling for a few hundred dollars here and there. When you're that young and don't have a job it's easy to get caught up in a cycle where you just keep buying and then selling when something new comes out. As much as you want to wear everything you have, you can't afford to when you're that young (unless you're spoiled) and it kind of becomes a contest who can barter for the rarest pair of kicks. So lame looking back. I see the younger kids going through what I went through back then hoarding DS kicks, or wearing them once or twice then selling to get something new but it's SOOO much worse today because of social media and the exposure sneakers have gotten.

Now I'm back on NT after finishing college and getting a job. I went back and bought a few pairs of the Jordans I had from 2003 and earlier but I don't mess with new stuff. The retros with Nike Air (in OG colorways) are the only Jordans I think are worth trying to buy anymore. I will go hard and try to buy them but if I can't get them for some reason I'm not paying a crazy premium. I'll spend my money wisely on something else. I've moved on to high-end sneakers and dress shoes for the most part.

Still have so many of those shirts that used to be sold with the J's on release day. One spot even made you buy a shirt with the J's. I was rocking a ton of them with the J's just like Dalitso. Does he still post a daily pic havent been in sneaker showcase in forever.

A lot of the shirts I never did wear though and are still in plastic. One of note is the playground shirt, in fact still have the poster of that shirt as well. I think I got the poster when I joined the Jordan flight club when I was like 8 or 9 back in the 80's

Last edited:
Nu Retros, why you remind me of those monstrosities Dank? 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

The DMPs were pretty much the end for me. I was hyped on the concept, but when I opened that box and saw the quality of the shoes I was disappointed. They were variant quality compared to the first retros & OGs. Copping from Fox Hills mall changed my perspective, seeing everything go down like that. Other than stuff to workout or hoop in, I haven't bought a pair of shoes since.

I'm still interested in OGs and 1999-2006 retros though
nthat.gif

I feel the same way OP. It's def not the same anymore. I stopped caring around 2008ish. I still have connects at footlockers, HOH's, so if there is an OG color way dropping that I really really want I can cop without the lines or crappy raffles that they do now. :x
I feel like the whole "sneakerhead" thing is out of control, but I'm not mad at Nike for capitalizing on these kids. At the end of the day it's a business and profit is all they're worried about. I just can't do the whole raffle thing, twitter links RSVP bots and all that crap. I just miss the days where you could wake up in the AM, take your time and casually walk into a shoe store and get what you wanted. Those days will never be back. :smh:

Since like 01-02 I've been messing with here, but I didn't start going all out until like 2004 that's when I actually made an attempt to read ever single reply in a thread and that thread was the Black Laser IV's.

I had another username but it was banned because I argued with another NT'er and he reported me. He's still here baiting other users too, but I'm not going to say his name but I garuntee if I do there wouldn't be anyone here who disagrees with me :lol:

I'm not going to lie I was kind of shook to sign up at first because in my lurking days I would see newbs getting flamed left and right so I wasn't trying to have the harshness come down on me :lol: NT was a lot more "relaxed" than what it is today so to say. But, eventually I did and I haven't looked back since this place has been both good adn bad for me still love it though and even though I'm not into kicks anymore like that I still always check general, music, celebs rocking heat, hat and other misc stuff in General :pimp:

I believe I found this place a long time ogo or NikePark not sure, but there was this website called shoetrends.com that I would always check everyday to see if they would restock the Royal Blue Foam 1's and they never did :lol: :frown:

I think shoetrends had a link on the bottom of the page that said check out our friends or something I'm not sure that led to here.

Anyways I didn't know about or how to use message boards back then, but I would start clicking around and saw threads to the name of sneakers and just look at pics but I never read replies just like the first few posts that had to do with that pair of sneaker and on to the next. Wasn't much threads because things weren't releasing in abundance like they are these days.

I think I clicked on the General section and would browse every now and then, but was more into sneakers at that time.

I remember this was this girl or guy not sure, but they were trying to go for 3,000 posts in a week or a month or something like that. There was another user Let Me Post, and a spinoff Let LMP Post :lol: that was like the post****** at that time I believe. I still didn't understand the mechanics of a message board at that time like that, but when those Black Laser IV's were droppping that's when I made it my duty to learn that **** :lol: and it paid off I did get a pair, rape price though, but that was the first and last time that I paid a rape price for kicks. They dropped on my birthday too on August 20th, 2004 so that made my want for them even more and more, and I had the white pair so that fueled it too because that time I wanted to collect them all.

Before the interwebz though I had to get my information on the back of Slam magazines and when eastbay would send mags. I remember that year that Nelly wore the Concord XI's at the VMA's a while before tehy dropped adn I couldn't wait for them :lol:.

I've since stopped buying kicks like that and the last pair I bought was the Suns Foams. There were a lot of factors that let to what the sneaker culture is just the other day I was saying about that new Miley Cyrus song 23 what the culture has become. When I started out I wanted the J's 1-23 and accomplished that, but now these young kids they step into the game and they can have that in like 2-3 years... if that.

I used to be so happy when dudes dropped info on J's :lol: couldn't wait was beasting in the Jordan Forum for updates :lol: still remember Meth barking at BabyJ for teasing N's and leaving people hanging and sent his *** on over to I$$ I think.

Like other's have said if there is a buck to be made expect it to be *****d out and beat to the ground until it can't produece money anymore, and that's what's happened to this hobby.

My priorities have changed and my main focus is buying a crib and getting rich so to say or live comfortably.

I might go hard for the OG Chris Webbers in Blk/Blue or other 2 OG Air Max Penny 1's or the Carbon Flightposite 1's or the Purple/white Air Force Max Barkely's but I'm not jumping through hoops for **** or laying on a sidewalk anymore. I'm done with that crap and all this bot **** is crazy like I tell people it's crazy how this is where you're begging a company to take your money for something you might get :smh:

I've talked too much now... see you dudes and wish everyone the best.

Putting in Work I see what you saying but I couldn't scroll past your avy, sorry. I love it. 
roll.gif

Putting in Work I see what you saying but I couldn't scroll past your avy, sorry. I love it. :rofl:

:lol:

Yeah most people always inquire aobut it.

The naem is Chyna Hall not sure on the spelling but google and should be hard to find

Thanks though :D

Damn looking at my post that **** is a big ol wall of text... I didn't even want to go back and re read it :lol: :smh:

- found NT after confirming that the shoes I saw at Niketown were indeed the same shoes I saw when I was in 4th grade - the Jordan XI Black Red

- Nubuck XII were the beginning of the end

- I remember speculation in the JB forums that the Countdown Packs and the XXIII would be the end or at least slow things down. Boy we were completely wrong... Now its hard to breathe with release after release after release in consecutive months/weeks.

- Came out of semi retirement in 2011 when the Concords were rereleased. Was checking out the new Flightclub on 12th and Broadway when this kid offered to buy my Black Red XIII off my feet for $300+. I wondered why in the hell he would drop that much for them until I saw their prices at FC. Even though they were pretty beat, had alcohol stains, grass stains, and remnants of vomit on them, I gave a big Hell No. Too many college memories happened in those shoes.

- SB Dunks were also the beginning of the end.

- Can't wait till the kids get tired of their "collections", move on to the next thing, and I will scoop in and get their Jordans for pennies on the dollar.

Jordans will always be timeless.

I've been here since the beginning. My OG screen name was WillieEsco( remember that brand from the late 90's? lol) I actually remember the Nikepark days and Jersey-Joe. Heck I remember when Jersey-Joe dropped the news about the Space Jam retro and had a grainy pic of them which I believe was just a screen shot from the movie but edited where all you saw was just the shoe.I stared at it for weeks. For me its always been about basketball and always will. Bball is what got me looking at Penny Hardaway's feet in 95-96 asking my self what is that! :wow: Penny 2's are what basically started it all for me and was lucky enough that my mom bought me an early bday gift in the fall of 96. I even remember that winter going to Puerto Rico and saving all my money that my grandparents, aunts uncles gave me for Christmas and my birthday and buying my first ever pair with my own money. The Air Max Uptempo which were released a few years ago as the Air Max Uptempo 97's . I remember they were $160 even cause the exact amount I had and there was no tax in PR. Then when the internet became more prevalent I started researching it (along with WWF spoilers lol) and found Nikepark and Jersey-Joe. Slam magazine for a while held it down with the info and pics but when they release that first ever Kicks magazine , that was the bible. I still have that issue. Of course as a a 14-15 year old kid I didn't have any money but occasionally my parents blessed me with that back to school shoe or a Christmas or Birthday gift.

But Like I said its always been about basketball. I'm 29 years old an I still love to hoop. I love performance technology so its always going to be hard to "walk away from the game". I dont even see it as " The Shoe game". I just like shoes and i love to hoop. Growing up in the Golden Era was the best time. Being able to see all the dope stuff from the mid 90's to the early 2000's and seeing where its gone now. Being an adult is fun cause now you can go back and get all those kicks you wanted as a kid. And sure like a lot of the older heads I dont like a lot of stuff we see now a days. The bots, twitter rspv's etc's . And what I like to call the renting of sneakers. And you can tell when you see last months hottness being flipped so fast and labeled as vvvvvvnds or kids looking for recent releases and they can magically fit sizes 9.5-11. Really b? Im a size 13 man and thats it. Look in my closest and all you see is 13's. Except for 2000 and the Infared 6's. Those are 14 cause I was a youngin :lol:
Im gonna rock what I like and what I think is dope. And like someone earlier said, as long as I have disposable income and Im still hooping, i'll still buy shoes cause it's not a fad for me.

Last edited:
Still can't believe I paid $300 each for red and blue Supreme x Nike trainers, I still kinda ain't emm mad tho.

Checking in also, joined awhile back under the name ride2diedagreat (lame). But my interest for sneakers is gone. I worked at Footaction as an assistant manager back in the day and then moved to a moms & pops store called "Streetz" (DFW). There were one of the few places you could find Premium Air Force Ones and LS Jordans back then.

Then it just all went downhill after high school. Everyone was rocking Jordans, then came the SB's, then Hundreds and C&C, Supremes, Bapes, blah blah blah... now I have a nice corporate job wearing suits all day (shout to Dressing Better) rocking a pair of Cole Hanns. I tried on a pair of fire red 3's the other day and for some reason they looked ridiculous on me! haha so I just stick to my Roshes, Sebagos or just my Vans for casual shoes.

Sneaker game is gone. Everyone is just too cool nowadays. I can't keep up with it. I feel old haha

I'm actually quiet on NT, just check in for the laughs when I'm at work here and there, but I remember back in the days, I used to live on here, never posted much but I was here when Ben Baller burned the LRG hoodies, the beef with ********, all the females that used to post on the reg, and all the og posters, when there were less trolls and not every other thread was about yambs or females.

I think also due to the fact that some of you said the forum boards on I$$ pretty much died out so a lot of those kids is older now and they migrated over to this site.

In my 13 years on here, I don't think I've ever read an entire post from Ninja Hood. I see the Reptile avy and know bad grammar (intentionally used) will be used profusely. No offense.
:rofl: :rofl:

Please can this be veteran confessions?

1. I miss Kicksology... a lot. I follow that dude on Twitter still.

2. Shynop was the funniest dude I've almost ever seen online. A true legend.

Back
Top Bottom