NTers with deadbeat fathers: would you attend his funeral? Vol. Decisions

I got a call yesterday morning that my father was killed the night before.
The funeral is on Monday, and his family is basically counting on me to go, althought I barely associate with them and haven't been in contact with any of them in about 2 years.

Here's basically the story:
I was born in 91. my father already had 2 previous kids with 2 different BMs. one lives in florida, the other in rhode island (i'm from NY). he stood around for a couple of years and than bascially dogged my mom, left her to be with another woman, he had 2 kids with her, and he became about that life. in the late 90s he was trafficking drugs all over brooklyn and staten island and basically made close to $800,000 in 3 years. he got caught in 99 and got incarcerated for 5 years. after he got out he was still with the same woman and they lived decently. however, he never bothered to contact me. in late 07 his sister found me on myspace and got us to contact eachother. we spoke through e-mail for several weeks and than finally met up in february 2008. he basically pinned all the blame on my mother, and expressed deep sorrow and regret, and told me that i was his first son and he really wanted to be around but my mother made it impossible, yada yada yada. so i attempted to have some sort of a relationship. i wouldn't say it was father-son, but we would hang out and talk every couple weeks when i went to NY (i was living in PA at the time). i got my first car in june 2008, and he even gave me $1,000 to help me buy it, and got a fancy GPS for it. fast forward to december of that year. i started my senior year of high school, but i was having problems at home with my mom and stepdad, so i moved to NY to stay with my grandmother. we had gotten a lot closer as i would see him 2-3 times a week. one day i got in a huge areguement with my uncle from my mother's side, and i basically beat the crap out of him and was livid and everyone in the house was scared of me (my grandparents and 2 aunts). so they called my mother, and she called my father. that was the first time they had spoke in about 14 years. i wasn't talking to my mother at the time and she didn't want to deal with me, so she called him, and he came down to my grandma's house, and all of a sudden was trying to act like a father to me. he was telling me what to do and getting upset at me. so i basically told him to back off and that he's not my father, and he bounced. i had left my brand new sidekick in his car and he chucked it out the window and broke it. i wanted him to replace it and he refused to. so i keyed both sides of his new car (08 charger), and a couple weeks later, i ended up sleeping with his wife. he came to my grandmother's house with a gun looking to kill me, but i wasn't there and i moved back to PA the next week. i haven't heard from him nor seen him since, that was in early 09, 2 years ago.

now here is the really tough part about the whole situation. i kind of want to go, because that is my father, and i'll get to meet 2 siblings that i've never met before. however, my mom just got a huge worker's comp settlement, and when i get my license back in a couple of months she said she will buy me whatever car i want up to $25,000. but if i go to the funeral, my mother said the deal is off. this isn't really influencing my decision much, because i make about $1250 a week and i'm 20 years old without any bills or expenses, so i've been saving $4,000 a month for the past year and i could buy my own car.

I got a call yesterday morning that my father was killed the night before.
The funeral is on Monday, and his family is basically counting on me to go, althought I barely associate with them and haven't been in contact with any of them in about 2 years.

Here's basically the story:
I was born in 91. my father already had 2 previous kids with 2 different BMs. one lives in florida, the other in rhode island (i'm from NY). he stood around for a couple of years and than bascially dogged my mom, left her to be with another woman, he had 2 kids with her, and he became about that life. in the late 90s he was trafficking drugs all over brooklyn and staten island and basically made close to $800,000 in 3 years. he got caught in 99 and got incarcerated for 5 years. after he got out he was still with the same woman and they lived decently. however, he never bothered to contact me. in late 07 his sister found me on myspace and got us to contact eachother. we spoke through e-mail for several weeks and than finally met up in february 2008. he basically pinned all the blame on my mother, and expressed deep sorrow and regret, and told me that i was his first son and he really wanted to be around but my mother made it impossible, yada yada yada. so i attempted to have some sort of a relationship. i wouldn't say it was father-son, but we would hang out and talk every couple weeks when i went to NY (i was living in PA at the time). i got my first car in june 2008, and he even gave me $1,000 to help me buy it, and got a fancy GPS for it. fast forward to december of that year. i started my senior year of high school, but i was having problems at home with my mom and stepdad, so i moved to NY to stay with my grandmother. we had gotten a lot closer as i would see him 2-3 times a week. one day i got in a huge areguement with my uncle from my mother's side, and i basically beat the crap out of him and was livid and everyone in the house was scared of me (my grandparents and 2 aunts). so they called my mother, and she called my father. that was the first time they had spoke in about 14 years. i wasn't talking to my mother at the time and she didn't want to deal with me, so she called him, and he came down to my grandma's house, and all of a sudden was trying to act like a father to me. he was telling me what to do and getting upset at me. so i basically told him to back off and that he's not my father, and he bounced. i had left my brand new sidekick in his car and he chucked it out the window and broke it. i wanted him to replace it and he refused to. so i keyed both sides of his new car (08 charger), and a couple weeks later, i ended up sleeping with his wife. he came to my grandmother's house with a gun looking to kill me, but i wasn't there and i moved back to PA the next week. i haven't heard from him nor seen him since, that was in early 09, 2 years ago.

now here is the really tough part about the whole situation. i kind of want to go, because that is my father, and i'll get to meet 2 siblings that i've never met before. however, my mom just got a huge worker's comp settlement, and when i get my license back in a couple of months she said she will buy me whatever car i want up to $25,000. but if i go to the funeral, my mother said the deal is off. this isn't really influencing my decision much, because i make about $1250 a week and i'm 20 years old without any bills or expenses, so i've been saving $4,000 a month for the past year and i could buy my own car.

damn! im more interested in what kind of job you have making $1250 a week for a 20 year old

damn! im more interested in what kind of job you have making $1250 a week for a 20 year old

I personally will not. But that bastard just won't die. God doesn't kill scumbags like him (or most for that matter).

I personally will not. But that bastard just won't die. God doesn't kill scumbags like him (or most for that matter).

Do what makes you comfortable man. If you don't want to go you don't have to. If you will regret not going go.

I would go to my dads. He was a horrible father and only there the first half of my life but idk. I guess I'd go.

I will say what your mom is doing is pretty foul. She shouldn't be stepping in like that. She should just be there for advise.

Do what makes you comfortable man. If you don't want to go you don't have to. If you will regret not going go.

I would go to my dads. He was a horrible father and only there the first half of my life but idk. I guess I'd go.

I will say what your mom is doing is pretty foul. She shouldn't be stepping in like that. She should just be there for advise.

You slept with your dad's wife?
eek.gif
sick.gif

thats wrong of your mom to make u choose like that.. thats between you and him which has nothing to do to her.. i'd say go to the funeral cuz in the end he still was ur father

thats wrong of your mom to make u choose like that.. thats between you and him which has nothing to do to her.. i'd say go to the funeral cuz in the end he still was ur father

take the car, sell it.

buy a home quicker that way
edit:

anyone can use 25k 
laugh.gif

I hope this isn't a fake story

Back
Top Bottom