NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

i went on an accessory shopping spree over the weekend...
some of it arrived today from optics planet

[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]From firearms[/td][/tr][/table]

tlr1s with free led key mate flashlight
hoppes 9mm boresnake

waiting on the rest tomorrow

I was thinking about getting a Mossberg 88 Shotgun.. I'm cluelesss on gun laws.. any help is appreciated!

I'm far from a gun expert--only have a 9mm predominantly for home use--is there a practical purpose for a 50 cal pistol or is more of a novelty thing?

Damn been sleeping on this thread for a while, so many new pics and updates. Haven't touched my guns for months now been too busy amongest other things.

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Anyone have any opinions/experience with Del-ton's rifle kits?

I'm considering putting my first rifle together starting with this kit and probably a spike's tactical lower just because it's so much friendlier to the wallet.

Also finally picked up my FNP-9 yesterday. I'll probably hit up the range some time next week though.

Another AR question- plum crazy receivers? They're pretty new and they're polymer or some kind of synthetic build(ie not metal)

And they can be had for cheap as well.

I'll probably end up going with the del-ton rifle kit to build with just wanted to hear other's experiences/opinions on it.

Yes!  I can vouch for Del-ton.  For the money they produce a great product, Laura and the DTI team go out and beyong to make sure their customers are satisfied!  My first ever AR-15 was a kit from Del-ton, a 16" HBAR Mid-length built on a Doublestar receiver.  That thing ran flawlessy, never had a single jam, FTF, FTE.  Pretty accurate too, no problems hitting plates out to 100 yards with basic A2 irons.  My experience with Del-ton has been so good that I have referred friends and family to them.  From handling many 2nd tier ARs such as DPMS, Stag, S&W, and Bushmaster I will say Del-ton is on par with or even slightly better than a Bushmaster in terms of fit and finish.  If you decide to order a kit from DTI be sure to request an "F" FSB(free of charge), Chrome-lined barrel(Not a must, but for a cheap upgrade your barrel with last 50% longer).

Here is my first Del-ton Build, circa 2007

3239455213_37ee168a50.jpg

16" Mid-length, 1x9 CL, LMT rear iron sight, PMAG, Magpul MOE grip.

My current Del-ton, also my primary SD gun.  I've shot nearly 5000rds through it to get it to the level I want it to be at.

4728387313_33c6fd3911_z.jpg

16" M4, 1x7 CL w/ M4 feedramps, YH FF rail, EoTech XPS-3, PMAG, Magpul Miad, CTR stock, Troy BUIS, Phantom FC2 FH.

My experience with Del-ton has been so good that I vouched for them on AR15.com and DTi awarded me with a little momento.

29zde7q.jpg

1zqvcp5.jpg

Originally Posted by 1000xCartel

I was thinking about getting a Mossberg 88 Shotgun.. I'm cluelesss on gun laws.. any help is appreciated!

The Maverick maverick 88 is a great shotgun.  It's basically the "budget" version of the 500 series.  Almost all accessories for the 500 will fit the 88, EXCEPT from what I can recall the barrel dimensions are a tad different so you wouldnt be able to fit a barrel shroud or ghost sights meant to fit a 500.  I use to have a 500 7+1, they truely are a family of shotguns...but I cant say no to Remington.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

I just took a look at the Sig556 yesterday.. think I'm going to pick up an AR15 or sig556 within the next week.. they're about the same pricewise.. but I like that Sig is 'less common' around here. However, the AR feels a lot more manageable (lighter/shorter)...

Anyone have any input? Elder?

Yes I am the one who owns a Sig 556.  My model is actually the 556 Classic Swat which comes with the suppressor ready threads, and the quad rail.  Yes they are "different" from your typical AR but I wouldnt say it is "better".  This rifle has its pros and cons.  Here are my pros:  its a piston driven gun = Smooth, smooth gun!  Easy to shoot with little to none felt recoil, accuracy is on par with any top tier out-of-the-box AR, its easy to clean, reliable like an AK47, that "exclusive" feel at the range.  Cons: Its damn nose heavy!  It is a pig, makes an AR15 feel like a toy, also the Sig magazines that came with it are crap, mine cracked on me already and sig wants $50/mag.  If you have any specifics I can answer them.

Overall I am very satisfied with it.  I havent added any accessories to it yet though.

My Siggy:

4636765849_8bf26e2ff4_z.jpg

4636766337_2e69e13442_z.jpg

Next to a couple ARs, as you can see its a fairly large gun.

4637375388_4251571bcf_z.jpg

Enjoying my toy
pimp.gif

4637375476_fbce18c88a_z.jpg

2i1cz7t.jpg

Elder your collection is SWEET!  I dig your selection in firearms.  Most definitely loving your tactical FN!
pimp.gif
 Get that baby suppressed!

Originally Posted by Seattle206

1zqvcp5.jpg

I'm curious as to what this is that the company sent to you
nerd.gif

I had planned to have already bought a pistol by now, but not being able to get a job is setting me back so much
tired.gif
And I want a 556 so bad, as well.

eteam o2 wrote:

I'm considering putting my first rifle together starting with this kit and probably a spike's tactical lower just because it's so much friendlier to the wallet.

Also finally picked up my FNP-9 yesterday. I'll probably hit up the range some time next week though.

Another AR question- plum crazy receivers? They're pretty new and they're polymer or some kind of synthetic build(ie not metal)

I'll probably end up going with the del-ton rifle kit to build with just wanted to hear other's experiences/opinions on it.

Yes!  I can vouch for Del-ton

That's pretty much all the cosigning i needed lol...
thanks...
now i'm just deciding between carbine vs midlength and 1x9 vs 1x7
it seems like 1x9 might be all i need because i'll pretty much be buying 55gr ammo since it looks to be the least expensive. is it much less accurate or something?

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Does anyone have the Taurus 24/7...I'm looking to get one as my beginner pistol and I just wanted some pros and cons if possible from you guys
i want to know too...

Originally Posted by eteam o2

eteam o2 wrote:

Yes!  I can vouch for Del-ton

That's pretty much all the cosigning i needed lol...
thanks...
now i'm just deciding between carbine vs midlength and 1x9 vs 1x7
it seems like 1x9 might be all i need because i'll pretty much be buying 55gr ammo since it looks to be the least expensive. is it much less accurate or something?

Having owned both 1x9 and 1x7 here is my basic break down:

1x7 you can shoot between 45gr-77gr ammo.
1x9 you can shoot between 40gr-69gr ammo.

I shoot 55gr out of my 1x7 for practice and so not see a decrease in accuracy at all.  Its when you fire heavier stuff, like 77gr when the 1x7 will stablize it much better than a 1x9 which will "tumble" since the twist rate wasnt desgined for such a heavy bullet.  But not many shooters, even myself take full advantage of the 1x7 twist.  1x9 is sufficient for 90% of the recreational shooters.

The Maverick maverick 88 is a great shotgun.  It's basically the "budget" version of the 500 series.  Almost all accessories for the 500 will fit the 88, EXCEPT from what I can recall the barrel dimensions are a tad different so you wouldnt be able to fit a barrel shroud or ghost sights meant to fit a 500.  I use to have a 500 7+1, they truely are a family of shotguns...but I cant say no to Remington.

I found a site sell the 88 for about $200, can I just buy it and  expect everthing to be cool? or do I have to have a lisence or anything?

What state do you live in? Eveyrthing depends on your state laws.

If youre planning to purchase online then you need to first:

1. Find a Dealer(gunshop, or sporting good store that deals with guns) that has an FFL license.
2. Notify them that you intend on purchasing via internet. Ask them how much they charge per FFL transfer, they range from $20-$100.
3. Place your order online.
4. Have the dealer email or fax their copy of the FFL to the company you bought your gun from.
5. Once the company has recieved your payment and FFL they will ship it.
6. When it arrives at the dealer they will call you to pick it up.
7. Show up pay the FFL fee and you have a new gun.

And yes, pretty much straight out of the box the shotgun will be good to go.  Except for me I like to strip it down and wipe all excess grease off then relube.

This guy gives Decent reviews .. a somewhat Glock praise Heavy (he's working on it) .. he gives detailed reviews none the less

Personally I say go to the range and rent one and see how it feels

1. Find a Dealer(gunshop, or sporting good store that deals with guns) that has an FFL license.
2. Notify them that you intend on purchasing via internet. Ask them how much they charge per FFL transfer, they range from $20-$100.
4. Have the dealer email or fax their copy of the FFL to the company you bought your gun from.

And yes, pretty much straight out of the box the shotgun will be good to go.  Except for me I like to strip it down and wipe all excess grease off then relube.
Its an online store that has a store on the west coast I'm on the east. Can I just order the gun from them, then buy an FFL (Free Firearm Lisence??????)

Its an online store that has a store on the west coast I'm on the east. Can I just order the gun from them, then buy an FFL (Free Firearm Lisence??????)

FFL = Federal Firearms License.  Depending on the FFL type its for the sale, transfer, manufacture of firearms or ammunition.  You cant "buy" and FFL, you can apply for one but its a LONG process.

Just call a gunshop and ask them if they will do an FFL transfer for you.  Tell them you want to buy a gun online and have it shipped to their store.

Good lookin out Sesttle, so I have to have an FFL to legally own a gun? what happens if I just cop the shotgun with no ffl

u dont need an FFL to own a shotgun. You need to go through the FFL process if you want to order it online.

or you can just go to a store and buy the gun without any hassle, no shipping or FFL fee.

Heres my newest pick up. S&W M&p 15-22

Wears these things

Magpul xt rail covers
Utg bipod
Magpul afg grip
Houge rubber grip
Vortex sparc red dot
Galati Rifle case
2-10 round mags
1 extra 25 round mag

Before.

S&W Family together