NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Picked up a new recoil spring for my 1911, the choke and call are for an upcoming turkey hunt.
641420BD-C05C-4BE1-BD0A-05144EFF1A6D.jpeg
70E856A8-176C-417D-B3E5-744107EF1E06.jpeg
193B65FE-6C6F-4E24-ABA1-75D7E7150089.jpeg

I also think concealed carrying is unnecessary for me personally but to each its own. I think having a gun on you at all times for mundane everyday situations is also silly. But I don't know what type of threats these people face. Someone should do some research on the actual encounters of deadly force the average concealed carry citizen faces. I've been in an uber where the uber driver got in an argument with someone then he threatened to grab his gun putting my life in a dangerous situation I didn't ask for. Ended up reporting him to uber and they revoked his membership. I think going out with that I need to carry mentality just makes people aggressive and irrational. To be honest I also think a lot of people just do it as a political statement.

Like the saying goes
“Rather have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it”

Or
“I’d rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6”

As cliche as those sayings sound, it’s true. In my city there’s a lot that goes down, even in affluent neighborhoods. Can never be too paranoid and always got to keep your head on a swivel. On New Year’s Eve these two goons went on a jacking spree driving though all the hotel parking garages mugging people, they gunned down some middle aged lady while she was getting out of her car because she wouldnt hand over her LV bag smh. These were kids too. 19 and 22 years old. Couple weeks ago some dude walked into the gas station and just started sending shots off. He just randomly shot two people and both died. One dude died trying escape to his car parked in front where his girlfriend was sitting inside waiting smh :smh:

Not everyone that carries are MAGA or are trying to be John Wick. I conceal because I want to keep myself and my family safe at all times while out and about in public. Because you just really never know. If you’re legally allowed to conceal carry I don’t see why it’s a bad thing. People who take their 2A rights serious, don’t flaunt it either. You would never know that I’m carrying. I would never wear a Glock or Sig T shirt nor would I put any type of sticker on my car indicating that I’m pro 2A. That’s just putting a target on your back.

Don’t forget that the media NEVER reports any type of positive news when it comes to self defense shootings. You might get it at the local level but it will never be a talking point at the state or federal level. Hundreds of legally declared self defense shootings happen each year but you’ll never hear about it nationally.

Like the saying goes
“Rather have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it”

Or
“I’d rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6”

As cliche as those sayings sound, it’s true. In my city there’s a lot that goes down, even in affluent neighborhoods. Can never be too paranoid and always got to keep your head on a swivel. On New Year’s Eve these two goons went on a jacking spree driving though all the hotel parking garages mugging people, they gunned down some middle aged lady while she was getting out of her car because she wouldnt hand over her LV bag smh. These were kids too. 19 and 22 years old. Couple weeks ago some dude walked into the gas station and just started sending shots off. He just randomly shot two people and both died. One dude died trying escape to his car parked in front where his girlfriend was sitting inside waiting smh :smh:

Not everyone that carries are MAGA or are trying to be John Wick. I conceal because I want to keep myself and my family safe at all times while out and about in public. Because you just really never know. If you’re legally allowed to conceal carry I don’t see why it’s a bad thing. People who take their 2A rights serious, don’t flaunt it either. You would never know that I’m carrying. I would never wear a Glock or Sig T shirt nor would I put any type of sticker on my car indicating that I’m pro 2A. That’s just putting a target on your back.

Don’t forget that the media NEVER reports any type of positive news when it comes to self defense shootings. You might get it at the local level but it will never be a talking point at the state or federal level. Hundreds of legally declared self defense shootings happen each year but you’ll never hear about it nationally.

Like I said I've managed to make it this far in life without carrying one everyday. Can't have one at work and I'm ok with it. Statistically speaking I'm more likely to use it on myself than to fend off a robber who wants to steal money and expensive things I never carry on my person. :lol: even using a gun for home protection is a stretch but I'll at least buy that. If they can get past my locks and alarm I'll reach for my gun.

The only reason I own one is I don't want MAGA people to be the only ones hoarding them. Until they fix the gun laws in this country I'm buying as many as I possibly can. The best part is I can afford to. I see these poor hicks putting guns on layaway presumably to protect their trailers.

I don't. I think it looks silly. I do keep at least one of my handguns in my car but that's the extent of my gun carrying in public

I don't go anywhere that warrants me

First off, never ever leave a gun in a car. It’s one thing to “look silly” and another to be so irresponsible that you actually are silly.

Second, what is the point of having a firearm if you’re going to leave it in a car? Under what circumstance do you think you’d actually be able to access the firearm you leave in a car instead of on your person because it’s “silly”?

Keeping a firearm in your car is basically not having a firearm with the added bonus of the chance of having it stolen.

If you don’t go to places that “warrant” carrying why even bring it in the car?

If you’re so safe why bring/own a firearm at all?

You said you only own a gun because evil people own guns but then keep it in the glove box where you might as well not even have it so you don’t look “silly”

Seriously tho, stop leaving your firearm in your car. Be more responsible.

First off, never ever leave a gun in a car. It’s one thing to “look silly” and another to be so irresponsible that you actually are silly.

Second, what is the point of having a firearm if you’re going to leave it in a car? Under what circumstance do you think you’d actually be able to access the firearm you leave in a car instead of on your person because it’s “silly”?

Keeping a firearm in your car is basically not having a firearm with the added bonus of the chance of having it stolen.

If you don’t go to places that “warrant” carrying why even bring it in the car?

If you’re so safe why bring/own a firearm at all?

You said you only own a gun because evil people own guns but then keep it in the glove box where you might as well not even have it so you don’t look “silly”

Seriously tho, stop leaving your firearm in your car. Be more responsible.

I keep it in my car for the same reason I keep it in my house. I have multiple guns I don't leave all of them in the car. :lol: I have a nice car and a nice house, those are the only things "visible" that need "protecting" or would attract hoodlums. .

I don't need a gun on my walk from the car to Walgreens. I don't have that many enemies.

But like I said before, even that's a stretch. The only real reason I own one is target practice is fun and I don't want MAGA trash being the only ones with them. Not necessarily cause I think MAGA rednecks are going to invade my neighborhood. It's more of an optics and principles issue. I can't let them own all the guns. Maybe if liberal minded individuals and minorities buy more guns they will do something about the destructive gun culture in this country.

Last edited:
You said all that and didn't even explain why leaving a gun in the car is "irresponsible". :lol: I don't see how that's any more irresponsible than keeping one in your house.

I don't drive a hooptie that's easily broken into. The point of keeping one in my car is it is one of the things I own that looks expensive and may attract goons. Again, highly unlikely scenario but that's as far as I'm willing to go with the "gun protection" nonsense.

Last edited:
How did I know you were gonna respond defensively?

Maybe because how confidently you bragged about leaving a firearm in a car, the number 1 way guns are stolen and used in crime......

At least you don’t look silly, right?

Heaven forbid you use critical thinking to figure out why leaving a firearm in your car is irresponsible.

Imagine thinking you’re piling arms for the liberals against the evil MAGA and you too fragile to actually carry them ....

so you don’t look “silly”

How does a glovebox gun keep you safe from MAGA?

How did I know you were gonna respond defensively?

Maybe because how confidently you bragged about leaving a firearm in a car, the number 1 way guns are stolen and used in crime......

At least you don’t look silly, right?

Heaven forbid you use critical thinking to figure out why leaving a firearm in your car is irresponsible.

Imagine thinking you’re piling arms for the liberals against the evil MAGA and you too fragile to actually carry them ....

so you don’t look “silly”

How does a glovebox gun keep you safe from MAGA?

Lol it's a defensive response because it's not the answer you were looking for. You were clearly triggered by the fact that I think "gun on them all the time" people are silly. If you wanna have this fight this morning I'm down.

I'm not fragile to actually carry them. I just don't want to look as stupid as Jim Bob and Big Bertha.

They are also banned from places I spend most of my time outside my home which is a hospital. A lot of dangerous people come through to my level 1 trauma center and I've never felt the need to have one on me.

Let's get one thing straight I didn't brag about keeping one in my car. I just said that's my extent of taking it out of my home and even that's probably unnecessary. I don't treat guns like an extension of my manhood like rednecks.

If someone manages to break into my car and steals my gun with the car alarm blasting they deserve to keep it. My gun can also be stolen from my home. :lol:

Yes the likelihood of needing a gun for self defense is very low, but what is a higher chance is a car break in or someone else finding it in the car if you leave it unlocked by mistake etc.

You said yourself you drive a nice car that might attract goons...Not even talking carjacking, but if someone smashes your window in and finds a gun, that thing is going to end up in the wrong hands.

No one is telling you to open carry like the Wild West, just to not leave a gun unattended in your car. In a house you have safes, etc, not to mention car break ins occur much more than home break ins...

If someone manages to break into my car and steals my gun with the car alarm blasting they deserve to keep it. My gun can also be stolen from my home. :lol:
Here’s some of that liberal pride.

Stop advocating for gun control; you don’t even keep control of the guns you own.

You are an irresponsible gun owner.

Yes the likelihood of needing a gun for self defense is very low, but what is a higher chance is a car break in or someone else finding it in the car if you leave it unlocked by mistake etc.

You said yourself you drive a nice car that might attract goons...Not even talking carjacking, but if someone smashes your window in and finds a gun, that thing is going to end up in the wrong hands.

No one is telling you to open carry like the Wild West, just to not leave a gun unattended in your car. In a house you have safes, etc, not to mention car break ins occur much more than home break ins...

I don't keep the gun in plain sight in my car. If they break my window several alarms go off all linked to my phone.

Again they can also break into my house but I have safe guards to not make it easy for them.

Last edited:
I go to the range with my gun in my car and sometimes make stops along the way. I'm not taking it out to walk to Rite Aid. :lol:

I'd understand your argument if I drove a Ford bronco without a smart alarm system but I don't.

Last edited:
I go to the range with my gun in my car and sometimes make stops along the way. I'm not taking it out to walk to Rite Aid. :lol:

I'd understand your argument if I drove a Ford bronco without a smart alarm system but I don't.

JUST READING ALL YOUR POSTS OF DUMB EXCUSES IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE.

LEAVING A GUN IN A CAR IS STUPID! PERIOD! YOU THINK THESE CRIMINALS GIVE A DAMN ABOUT A CAR ALARM?????? BY THE TIME YOU REACT TO IT, THEY ARE LONG GONE!!

FROM THE WAY YOU’RE TALKING, YOU LIVE IN LA-LA LAND WHERE ZERO CRIME OCCURS.

YOU DO REALIZE YOU CAN GET JACKED FROM THE PARKING LOT TO THE FRONT DOOR OF RITE-AID RIGHT????

I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, I LIVE IN MEMPHIS, THERE ARE OVER 75-100 CAR BREAK-INS DAILY! THIEVES ARE LOOKING FOR 2 MAIN THINGS, GUNS & CASH(BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND LEAVE THOSE 2 THINGS IN THEIR CARS ALL THE TIME).

SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEAVE YOUR GUN AT HOME IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO NOT CARRY IT IN PUBLIC…. I PUMP GAS WITH MY LEFT HAND AND MY RIGHT HAND IN MY HOODY POCKET HOLDING MY GUN…. BECAUSE YOU CAN GET JACKED WHILE PUMPING GAS… DON’T BELIEVE ME? GO ON YOUTUBE FOR THE PROOF.

POLICE HAVE BIGGER ISSUES TO DEAL WITH THEN TO COME TAKE A REPORT OF A CAR BREAK IN BECAUSE SOME IDIOT THOUGHT IT WAS A FANTASTIC IDEA TO LEAVE HIS OR HER GUN IN THE CAR.

JUST READING ALL YOUR POSTS OF DUMB EXCUSES IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE.

LEAVING A GUN IN A CAR IS STUPID! PERIOD! YOU THINK THESE CRIMINALS GIVE A DAMN ABOUT A CAR ALARM?????? BY THE TIME YOU REACT TO IT, THEY ARE LONG GONE!!

FROM THE WAY YOU’RE TALKING, YOU LIVE IN LA-LA LAND WHERE ZERO CRIME OCCURS.

YOU DO REALIZE YOU CAN GET JACKED FROM THE PARKING LOT TO THE FRONT DOOR OF RITE-AID RIGHT????

I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, I LIVE IN MEMPHIS, THERE ARE OVER 75-100 CAR BREAK-INS DAILY! THIEVES ARE LOOKING FOR 2 MAIN THINGS, GUNS & CASH(BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND LEAVE THOSE 2 THINGS IN THEIR CARS ALL THE TIME).

SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEAVE YOUR GUN AT HOME IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO NOT CARRY IT IN PUBLIC…. I PUMP GAS WITH MY LEFT HAND AND MY RIGHT HAND IN MY HOODY POCKET HOLDING MY GUN…. BECAUSE YOU CAN GET JACKED WHILE PUMPING GAS… DON’T BELIEVE ME? GO ON YOUTUBE FOR THE PROOF.

POLICE HAVE BIGGER ISSUES TO DEAL WITH THEN TO COME TAKE A REPORT OF A CAR BREAK IN BECAUSE SOME IDIOT THOUGHT IT WAS A FANTASTIC IDEA TO LEAVE HIS OR HER GUN IN THE CAR.

You mean the idiot with a top of the line security system in their car connected to their phone. If they manage to not be phased by the alarm they have to actually find the gun which is not in plain sight. If they manage to go through all that work and manage to find it they deserve to keep it. And they would also have to assume I actually have a gun in the car. :lol:

The irony of gun nuts calling anyone idiots. Again I don't drive a piece of crap Ford pick up truck with the flags in the back like rednecks.

No I'm not going to youtube. I can get mugged at the hospital and I can't carry guns there. Have managed to survive this long without constantly having it on my person like Robocop.

My man really said he pumps gas while stroking his gun. If you have to live in this type of fear save the money you would have used on guns and move. :lol:

Last edited:
"I PUMP GAS WITH MY LEFT HAND AND MY RIGHT HAND IN MY HOODY POCKET HOLDING MY GUN"

This comment made my day. :lol: :rofl:

You mean the idiot with a top of the line security system in their car connected to their phone. The irony of gun nuts calling anyone idiots.

No I'm not going to youtube. I can get mugged at the hospital can't carry guns there. Have managed to survive this long without constantly having it on my person like Robocop.

My man really said he pumps gas while stroking his gun. If you have to live in this type of fear save the money you would have used on guns and move. :lol:
TOP OF THE LINE SECURITY CONNECTED TO A PHONE… HMMMM….

YOUR PROFESSION IS CLEARLY SOMETHING WITHIN A HOSPITAL… WHICH MOST HAVE TERRIBLE RECEPTION AND ITS USUAL A GOOD DEAL AWAY FROM THE PARKING SITUATION…. SO YEA, THE BAD GUY WILL BE LONG GONE BY THE TIME YOU GET TO YOUR CAR.

IM GUESSING YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A CARRY PERMIT?? WHICH IS WHY YOU LEAVE IT IN THE CAR….

AND NOBODY SAID BE ROBOCOP. IF ONE TOOK THE TIME OUT OF THEIR LIFE TO GO TO A CLASS TO OBTAIN A CARRY PERMIT, WHY NOT CARRY IT ON YOUR PERSON????

FEAR??? NOT.

BUT IM NO DUMMY, NOT GIVING ANYBODY A CHANCE TO ONE UP ME. NOPE, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

ALL THESE PEOPLE SCARED OF NO GUN SIGNS ON DOORS OF DIFFERENT PLACES… YOU THINK THE BAD GUY CARES ABOUT THOSE SIGNS???? IF YOU CARRY ON YOU, CONCEALED RATHER NICELY, NOBODY KNOWS YOU HAVE IT.

A PERSONAL NOTE:

I HAD A WAKE UP CALL BACK IN 2014, FOOLS BROKE IN MY TRUCK, LIKE YOU I KEPT MY GUN UNDER THE CENTER ARMREST(2004 TAHOE), ALL THEY STOLE WAS MY RADIO AND IPOD. GLAD THEY DIDN’T GET MY GUN. SO FROM THAT POINT FORWARD, I STARTED BRINGING A BACKPACK TO WORK, AND MY GUN WAS IN MY BACKPACK, WHICH I PUT IN MY DRAWER AT MY DESK. WHO’S GOING TO CHECK MY BACKPACK?? NOBODY.

NOW IN 2022 I LEAVE NOTHING IN ANY VEHICLE, NOT EVEN A GARAGE OPENER.

YOUR PROFESSION IS CLEARLY SOMETHING WITHIN A HOSPITAL… WHICH MOST HAVE TERRIBLE RECEPTION AND ITS USUAL A GOOD DEAL AWAY FROM THE PARKING SITUATION…. SO YEA, THE BAD GUY WILL BE LONG GONE BY THE TIME YOU GET TO YOUR CAR.

IM GUESSING YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A CARRY PERMIT?? WHICH IS WHY YOU LEAVE IT IN THE CAR….

AND NOBODY SAID BE ROBOCOP. IF ONE TOOK THE TIME OUT OF THEIR LIFE TO GO TO A CLASS TO OBTAIN A CARRY PERMIT, WHY NOT CARRY IT ON YOUR PERSON????

FEAR??? NOT.

BUT IM NO DUMMY, NOT GIVING ANYBODY A CHANCE TO ONE UP ME. NOPE, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

ALL THESE PEOPLE SCARED OF NO GUN SIGNS ON DOORS OF DIFFERENT PLACES… YOU THINK THE BAD GUY CARES ABOUT THOSE SIGNS???? IF YOU CARRY ON YOU, CONCEALED RATHER NICELY, NOBODY KNOWS YOU HAVE IT.

A PERSONAL NOTE:

I HAD A WAKE UP CALL BACK IN 2014, FOOLS BROKE IN MY TRUCK, LIKE YOU I KEPT MY GUN UNDER THE CENTER ARMREST(2004 TAHOE), ALL THEY STOLE WAS MY RADIO AND IPOD. GLAD THEY DIDN’T GET MY GUN. SO FROM THAT POINT FORWARD, I STARTED BRINGING A BACKPACK TO WORK, AND MY GUN WAS IN MY BACKPACK, WHICH I PUT IN MY DRAWER AT MY DESK. WHO’S GOING TO CHECK MY BACKPACK?? NOBODY.

The problem is there are certain places you cannot carry a gun like hospital or federal building. What does one do then?

People have installed safes in their cars/trucks to keep a gun in. Car safes exist

FEAR??? NOT.

A PERSONAL NOTE:

There is literally a police station in my parking garage at my hospital. :lol: My hospital has its own police force.

The guy who trained me for my CPL license got mugged and went full NRA. I feel bad for him. But even if by luck of the draw I get robbed I'm not becoming an idiotic constantly reaching for my gun nut.

I'm more likely to die in a car crash than someone successfully breaking into my car and stealing a concealed gun. I don't leave anything in my car out in the open. It looks empty and not worth breaking into unless to actually steal the car which is impossible for most low level thieves to do.

Back
Top Bottom