NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

The problem is there are certain places you cannot carry a gun like hospital or federal building. What does one do then?

People have installed safes in their cars/trucks to keep a gun in. Car safes exist

Lol people are approaching this like I have a big *** shotgun out in the open in the car. Between dealing with my alarm and actually having to look for it. It's probably not worth it for anyone.

Probably the 100th time this dude has said he doesn't drive an old car. :lol:

Always mentions Ford too :lol:

Lol I don't know how else to paint a picture that my car isn't easy to break into and rummage for valuable things :lol:

I just saw that movie the marksman. Liam Neeson just keeps his gun in his old *** truck. I can see how that can be an easy steal but my car has a lockbox and multiple security measures.

PUT IT LIKE THIS… THE TOP DOG, THE POLICE CHEIF GOT HER GUN STOLEN OUT OF A VEHICLE HERE IN MEMPHIS 2 MONTHS AGO…. THEY CAUGHT THE GUY 2 DAYS AGO… A 17YR OLD.

the one time i left my gun the car i felt like a ****in idiot...and i dont drive some old **** either doesnt really make a diff there

why even carry it or take it with you just to leave it in the car in the first place, that makes no sense really, if you dont need it why even take it

PUT IT LIKE THIS… THE TOP DOG, THE POLICE CHEIF GOT HER GUN STOLEN OUT OF A VEHICLE HERE IN MEMPHIS 2 MONTHS AGO…. THEY CAUGHT THE GUY 2 DAYS AGO… A 17YR OLD.

Anecdotes without details. Where did she leave the gun? What type of car was it? Where was the car parked?

People get their guns stolen from their houses as well. :lol:

The problem is there are certain places you cannot carry a gun like hospital or federal building. What does one do then?

People have installed safes in their cars/trucks to keep a gun in. Car safes exist
you can 100% conceal carry in hospital, you can be asked to leave if they see it but you won’t get charged with anything.

the one time i left my gun the car i felt like a ****in idiot...and i dont drive some old **** either doesnt really make a diff there

why even carry it or take it with you just to leave it in the car in the first place, that makes no sense really, if you dont need it why even take it

I think if this "protection" thing is not just a political talking point the least I can do is keep one in the car instead of on my hip like an idiot. It's the least I'm willing to do.

Unless you're like my man constantly clutching your gun in mundane situations you're not completely protected. One in the car in case of a very unlikely gun fight is the most I'm willing to do.

Really thinks new cars don't get broken into lol.

Bottom line is, unless you are 007 with the Q division E38, don't leave gun in your car.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 11.35.17 AM.png

No point in debating with him, a lot of people have tried to reason with him and make sensible arguments, but he just assumes we are all MAGA supporters running around like Clint Eastwood with a 357 on our hip at all times looking for trouble.

I think if this "protection" thing is not just a political talking point the least I can do is keep one in the car instead of on my hip like an idiot. It's the least I'm willing to do.

Unless you're like my man constantly clutching your gun in mundane situations you're not completely protected. One in the car in case of a very unlikely gun fight is the most I'm willing to do.

to each their own, doesnt make it less irresponsible by leaving it in there
people break into cars everyday and if youre willing to risk that then thats on you.
Im assuming you dont live/work near any major metro areas, but jackings still happen in nicer areas so that doest really matter

youre comparing apples to oranges on getting guns stolen at home vs the car...theres SEVERAL layers to a home jacking for them to find your guns versus the car not really a good excuse lol

Really thinks new cars don't get broken into lol.

Bottom line is, unless you are 007 with the Q division E38, don't leave gun in your car.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 11.35.17 AM.png

No point in debating with him, a lot of people have tried to reason with him and make sensible arguments, but he just assumes we are all MAGA supporters running around like Clint Eastwood with a 357 on our hip at all times looking for trouble.

The number of steps it would take for my car to get broken into, then to break into my glove box while the alarm is going off is impressive. Anyone that can achieve this deserves to keep the gun. :lol:

to each their own, doesnt make it less irresponsible by leaving it in there
people break into cars everyday and if youre willing to risk that then thats on you.
Im assuming you dont live/work near any major metro areas, but jackings still happen in nicer areas so that doest really matter

youre comparing apples to oranges on getting guns stolen at home vs the car...theres SEVERAL layers to a home jacking for them to find your guns versus the car not really a good excuse lol

And there are SEVERAL layers of security that need to be circumvented to steal anything important from my car.

Last edited:
Lol what if you work in said hospital. Do I just quit my job? :lol:
You make a decision is what you do. You’ve chosen to not carry at work. That’s fine, your choice. But from reading this thread, you wouldn’t carry even if the hospital allowed it.

The number of steps it would take for my car to get broken into, then to break into my glove box while the alarm is going off is impressive. Anyone that can achieve this deserves to keep the gun. :lol:

I’m not sure if you’re being serious. My neighbor has a Tesla, and it has a cool alarm system that comes on if you walk by it. I think it’s called Sentry. But that won’t keep a brick from smashing through the window. There aren’t any special steps man.

If you don’t feel you live in an environment where carrying is necessary, then don’t. You probably don’t need it in your car, to carry, or at all.

But it’s a bit wild to discredit others who may not live in similar environments. I don’t own a gun at all, but I enjoy this thread. You’re just seeming a bit pretentious tbh.

You make a decision is what you do. You’ve chosen to not carry at work. That’s fine, your choice. But from reading this thread, you wouldn’t carry even if the hospital allowed it.

Yea im going to give up a 6 figure salary for the right to walk around looking like Yosemeti Sam. :lol:

You're right I wouldn't but like someone mentioned there are several places you're not allowed to carry guns so even if I wanted to I couldn't.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious. My neighbor has a Tesla, and it has a cool alarm system that comes on if you walk by it. I think it’s called Sentry. But that won’t keep a brick from smashing through the window. There aren’t any special steps man.

If you don’t feel you live in an environment where carrying is necessary, then don’t. You probably don’t need it in your car, to carry, or at all.

But it’s a bit wild to discredit others who may not live in similar environments. I don’t own a gun at all, but I enjoy this thread. You’re just seeming a bit pretentious tbh.

So you smash into the window with the alarm going off and I've been alerted then what? How do you turn the car on then get into the glove box? :lol:

So you smash into the window with the alarm going off and I've been alerted then what? How do you turn the car on then get into the glove box? :lol:

You expect someone who does that type of stuff to consider all that?

I think we can all agree people who break into cars aren’t making the best decisions generally.

To answer you question, a crowbar. But I have no idea. I think the poster’s point was that you leave that possibility open to some idiot who foolishly breaks into cars and then your gun ends up in the wrong hands.

Hopefully you never have to use it. Since it really serves little to no purpose in your car considering the environment you described, why not just take it when headed to the range? Are you REALLY about to shoot somebody? I know I’m not, which is why I don’t own a gun.

I also don't keep my car anywhere unattended that isn't a fairly public or protected lot. Again if they are successful in doing this in broad daylight in a Target parking lot or at my job with the police everywhere then they deserve to keep it

You expect someone who does that type of stuff to consider all that?

I think we can all agree people who break into cars aren’t making the best decisions generally.

To answer you question, a crowbar. But I have no idea. I think the poster’s point was that you leave that possibility open to some idiot who foolishly breaks into cars and then your gun ends up in the wrong hands.

Hopefully you never have to use it. Since it really serves little to no purpose in your car considering the environment you described, why not just take it when headed to the range? Are you REALLY about to shoot somebody? I know I’m not, which is why I don’t own a gun.

Yea professional thieves can also break into my house taking a lot of things into consideration. If you're that skilled of a thief you should probably be robbing jewelry stores not some random guys car looking for a pistol. :lol:

I also don't keep my car anywhere unattended that isn't a fairly public or protected lot. Again if they are successful in doing this in broad daylight in a Target parking lot or at my job with the police everywhere then they deserve to keep it
Yea professional thieves can also break into my house taking a lot of things into consideration. If you're that skilled of a thief you should probably be robbing jewelry stores not some random guys car looking for a pistol. :lol:

I truly hope that nothing ever happens to you that alters your sense of security.

I truly hope that nothing ever happens to you that alters your sense of security.

I'm doing what I think is reasonable given the odds. Even if I get robbed today I'm not going to exaggerate like my man who clutches his gun at the gas station. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom