NT's official photography contest/assignment #2 (updated 08.08.09)

NEW DUE DATE FOR MORE SUBMISSIONS: due FRIDAY, August 14[sup]th[/sup]

-------

I apologize for being away for a month, I've been busy with a lot of assignments. However, this next couple of weeks I'm pretty chill in my schedule,so I decided to do the 2nd assignment now, instead of running away in the middle of it like last time
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

If you don't know what this is all about, please browse through the first assignment a bit first, there were A LOT of great submissions, some of which Iwould use myself for stock photography! The first assignment can be viewed HERE
And again, if all goes well, and it gains plenty of popularity/good pace, I may opt out of participation and select a panel ofjudges for more serious critiques instead of votes of popularity, and I even have some ideas for prizes. I have plenty of photography/camera accessories that Idon't use anymore and would be willing to donate to as prizes (think filters, memory cards, flash memory sticks, etc and maybe even an occasionalsmall job that I may outsource).

Anyhoo, enough talking, let's start off the SECOND official NT photographyassignment!

----------------------------------

Background: It's a lazy summer these days, with so many people getting laid off around here, and the weather being sodamned good. Sometimes I don't even feel like taking photographs, I get so lazy and just want to have a caiparinha!

Assignment: This second week will be very simple like the first week, but not so abstract. We'll start this secondassignment with the theme of the TIMELESS ELEGANCE OF SUMMER, so it's very open ended. It can be picturesof the beach, some pretty lady at the beach, large groups of tourists, kids playing in the water, some shapes or patterns in water or a wall that reminds youof summer, or whatever - make it interesting, and make it so that when you look at it, you are instantly reminded of the greatest summer fun you've had.You are allowed a total of TWO PHOTOGRAPHS EACH instead of 3 this time, because I'm expecting abigger turnout in the summer, so please don't submit more than 2 in your reply posts! Borders are optional, but please do not put logos for the sake ofcheesyness. Lastly, make sure that the photograph fits within a normal browser window, 1000pixels at the longest side should be the MAXIMUM for anyphotograph. You can use any type of camera you want, be it a 35mm, dSLR, medium format, cell phone, whatever.

Critiqued criteria: Each photograph will be judged on 3 aspects: how well your photograph adheres to the assignment,creativity of the subject, and overall contribution of technique in aiding the viewer see what the photographer wants them to see. However, the final critiquesession will be done by THE MAJORITY, democracy style via votes. I will set that up, but you guys will be the ones voting.

Due date: For this first assignment, we will need more time for more submissions,, so it will be due FRIDAY, August7[sup]th[/sup].

Have fun with the assignment, and I hope people participate so we can continue these!

Didn't want to recycle old photos so my entries are from kicking back with old high school friends at an apartment by SDSU... isn't that what summer isall about?

First picture shows some friends kicking back on a futon with my friend's makeshift decoration/furniture of stolen roadsigns. One is going SDSU, UCLA, andone at CC. The girl on the phone is calling her connect to cop some e.
aysHNrkNUqpgg2gvZjBdSjUMo1_500.jpg

Second picture is a picture of my 2 friends and I passed out. One is passed out on the table while another friend and I are passed out on the floor. Shows thestuff we screwed up like those chairs and that trash can. We have no idea who took this picture... it's great.
>
aysHNrkNUqpgf72aEXDTZt4Fo1_500.jpg

sounds good to me. got a few ideas in mind alrdy, this will get me out to shoot this weekend. ive been so lazy and processing pics from months ago.

Nice. I plan to throw an entry in this one if i dont get too busy with work...thanks for setting up again yamakazi.

Question: Do the entries have to be taken between now & the 27th? or can they be previous pictures we've taken in the past?

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

Nice. I plan to throw an entry in this one if i dont get too busy with work...thanks for setting up again yamakazi.

Question: Do the entries have to be taken between now & the 27th? or can they be previous pictures we've taken in the past?

No problem man.

The pics don't have to be taken now, but then it would defeat the purpose of the exercise.
wink.gif
it's up to you, though, how you want to do it, since noone will be checking your EXIF data!
smile.gif

I might us one of my pics from Hawaii that I took a few weeks ago. I would try to take a new one, but I really can't think of something around here that Icould take a picture of

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I might us one of my pics from Hawaii that I took a few weeks ago. I would try to take a new one, but I really can't think of something around here that I could take a picture of
Oh come on, I bet your mind's more creative than that!
tongue.gif

I guess I will be the first, my summer has consisted of outdoors and fun in the sun
My Entries (Sorry for putting my name on the right corner)
"Sky High" - My friend's reaction after reaching the top of the peak, I was able to capture the moment
3714394298_494ba932f6_b.jpg

"Aaaaa the California Sun" - Again, was able to capture a friend's joy in the sun on the beach
3731034581_5a51eed4a9.jpg

Larger

thanks for your submissions, kiet!

Originally Posted by sekim2detcidda

this is going to be awesome. No good camera, but will RSS this.

you don't need a "good" camera to take great pictures! check out the holga!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom