NT's own Ninjahood now starting CF for the Anaheim Angels

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

i know who you are, your some close minded lame who cries racism every chance you get over internet message boards. almost everytime you post your crying like a little girl about this is racist and that is racist. just shut the hell up already and stop crying. you seem like the type of person that cries about stuff on a messageboard but puts their head down and takes whatever negative stuff life brings you in real life without saying anything.

am i not lying though 9 out of your 10 posts you make are of you crying like a little girl talkin about "this is racist" and "that is racist"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 you're really mad....first off most of my posts is in the gambling thread 
laugh.gif
 ....the hell i get outta calling racism...ironman stay saying some off the wall stuff....word to justifying that killing....i have a right to ask someone if they're racist.....and you calling me a girl but you're the one showing tendencies of one in your post 
laugh.gif
 .....so get out of here boy and address me like a man and not someone who's hurt over my opinion and my screenname 
and hell i said i agreed w/ tori hunters thoughts but he just worded it wrong and it came off wrong....i aint in here defending him 

but i guess being blunt is bad but who cares cause 9 times outta 10 in real life you would just take my opinion and keep it moving....those same words wouldnt be said outta of your mouth 
laugh.gif
 ...i'm sure your mother taught you better 
laugh.gif

edit: ....i dont use niketalk as my only means for discussing w/e....the things i've said on here is what i've said to white, black, latin, asian, and etc.....i've been alive for 23 years and i've never had anybody get stupid over my opinions......everybody who knows me knows i keep it real and even if i'm wrong i'll listen to the other side of the argument and go from there...ignorant i'm not....its just funny i always encounter the hurt folks on NT
laugh.gif
who really show how they feel 

if you honestly don't like my opinion then come w/ your argument....but coming at me like a child is sad....
tired.gif
 ...i feel sorry for whoever raised you

...and props to ironman for doing that....but the other "guy" 
laugh.gif

ironman stay saying some off the wall stuff.

How is anything I said "off the wall"?

Sometimes I pose questions and you guys take them as statements of fact.

Take the Oscar Grant incident that has been brought in (even though it's not relevant at all
laugh.gif
).  I merely posted that we should wait until all the facts are in place, let's look at it from the Officers perspective and dudes jumped all over it.  "Can't believe you are defending the cop"  blah blah blah.

I like hearing both tales, I like when all the facts are present.  Maybe it's because I grew up watching Law & Order.  I never jump on one side.  However on NT, if you are objective or pose a thoughtful question, then it's wrong.

It's like there is no middle ground when it comes to race threads.  You are either far to the right or far to the left, never in between.

30rrvr4.jpg

Bottom line is what Hunter said is blatantly ignorant and racist any way you cut it.

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

^

i know who you are, your some close minded lame who cries racism every chance you get over internet message boards. almost everytime you post your crying like a little girl about this is racist and that is racist. just shut the hell up already and stop crying. you seem like the type of person that cries about stuff on a messageboard but puts their head down and takes whatever negative stuff life brings you in real life without saying anything.

am i not lying though 9 out of your 10 posts you make are of you crying like a little girl talkin about "this is racist" and "that is racist"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 ....the hell i get outta calling racism...ironman stay saying some off the wall stuff....word to justifying that killing....i have a right to ask someone if they're racist.....and you calling me a girl but you're the one showing tendencies of one in your post 
laugh.gif
 .....so get out of here boy and address me like a man and not someone who's hurt over my opinion and my screenname 
and hell i said i agreed w/ tori hunters thoughts but he just worded it wrong and it came off wrong....i aint in here defending him 

but i guess being blunt is bad but who cares cause 9 times outta 10 in real life you would just take my opinion and keep it moving....those same words wouldnt be said outta of your mouth 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how am i mad, because i disagree with you.  i guess im a "hater" cuz i disagree with you.

why would i address you like a man if your calling me boy?  don't see the sense in that

you do tend to reach on some of the stuff you say, with this username and your last username and ill leave it at that.

the sean bell thing is a whole different situation though,  the cops completely screwed that one up and them getting off is a joke.

ill put it like this if you said whats on your mind in real life  i would respect your opinion for what it is and give you credit for actually saying what you gotta say unlike most who keep to themselves in fear of offending someone, however i'd call it the way i see it too,  if you like it fine, if you don't oh well

like i put in my post above after i edited it....props to ironman for responding w/ an argument about his opinion instead of attacking me even though he dont know me
laugh.gif
....like i'm koo w/ that

now to cedric....grow up....attacking over the internet?
laugh.gif
....i dont even know you....you're a child

like i put in my post above after i edited it....props to ironman for responding w/ an argument about his opinion instead of attacking me even though he dont know me
laugh.gif
....like i'm koo w/ that

now to cedric....grow up....attacking over the internet?
laugh.gif
....i dont even know you....you're a child

how did i attack you?  please explain

^

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

how am i mad, because i disagree with you.  i guess im a "hater" cuz i disagree with you.

why would i address you like a man if your calling me boy?  don't see the sense in that

you do tend to reach on some of the stuff you say, with this username and your last username and ill leave it at that.

the sean bell thing is a whole different situation though,  the cops completely screwed that one up and them getting off is a joke.

ill put it like this if you said whats on your mind in real life  i would respect your opinion for what it is and give you credit for actually saying what you gotta say unlike most who keep to themselves in fear of offending someone, however i'd call it the way i see it too,  if you like it fine, if you don't oh well
NO you didn't. You said, well he does appear to be moving his legs while being handcuffed so he played a part in getting shot. Then you asked if he had a gun on him

The only positive I get from this dumb piece of *+$% saying anything is that there is still a pulse in the Angels locker room
laugh.gif

Torii isn't the most eloquent of speakers and I won't try and speak for him, because he said what he said, but I think the underlying issue he was getting at was that the MLB is being pressed to bring in more african-american talent by himself and others, but instead of trying to improve the ratio of acutal african-"americans" they pass off latino's of african descent to fill the void instead of directly addressing the issue.

That's just what I think this issue is about, but Torii didn't make it sound like that, so I can't be certain.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

On a deeper level, it's not even just a lack of african-americans, because that's obvious, but american kids in general. I know my way in the Pacific NW that the interest in little league baseball has been chopped in half almost because of more interest in soccer.

MLB seriously needs to figure something out.
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Torii isn't the most eloquent of speakers and I won't try and speak for him, because he said what he said, but I think the underlying issue he was getting at was that the MLB is being pressed to bring in more african-american talent by himself and others, but instead of trying to improve the ratio of acutal african-"americans" they pass off latino's of african descent to fill the void instead of directly addressing the issue.

That's just what I think this issue is about, but Torii didn't make it sound like that, so I can't be certain.

yeah this seems like a reasonable explanation.
btw i was thinking, Torii's original statement would imply the color barrier didnt apply to dominicans 
laugh.gif

Torii's my guy.
PHOENIX — Los Angeles Angels center fielder Torii Hunter insists he meant no harm toward Latino players when he recently referred to them as "impostors" while discussing the number of African-Americans in the major leagues.

Hunter’s original comments were made two weeks ago during one of a series of USA Today roundtables about baseball and published in Wednesday’s editions.

"What troubles me most was the word "impostors" appearing in reference to Latin American players not being black players. It was the wrong word choice, and it definitely doesn’t accurately reflect how I feel and who I am," Hunter posted on his Angels-sponsored blog Wednesday afternoon.

"What I meant was they’re not black players; they’re Latin American players. There is a difference culturally. But on the field, we’re all brothers, no matter where we come from, and that’s something I’ve always taken pride in: treating everybody the same, whether he’s a superstar or a young kid breaking into the game. Where he was born and raised makes no difference."

Hunter has long been known as one of baseball’s sincere, good guys.

A call to USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, the article’s author, was not immediately returned.

In the report, Hunter was quoted as saying: "People see dark faces out there, and the perception is that they’re African-American. They’re not us. They’re impostors. Even people I know come up and say: ’Hey, what color is Vladimir Guerrero? Is he a black player?’ I say, ’Come on, he’s Dominican. He’s not black.’ ...

"As African-American players, we have a theory that baseball can go get an imitator and pass them off as us. It’s like they had to get some kind of dark faces, so they go to the Dominican or Venezuela because you can get them cheaper. It’s like, ’Why should I get this kid from the South Side of Chicago and have Scott Boras represent him and pay him $5 million when you can get a Dominican guy for a bag of chips?’ ... I’m telling you, it’s sad," he said.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, a Venezuelan, scoffed at Hunter’s remarks before Wednesday’s game against the Oakland Athletics. Angels spokesman Eric Kay said Hunter will not further discuss the subject.

"I was laughing because when he said, ’They go there and sign for potato chips,’ I said, ’Well, we’ve got Chapman. They gave him $12 million. (Cincinnati actually agreed to a $30.25 million, six-year contract with pitcher Aroldis Chapman.) We’ve got (prospect Dayan) Viciedo. They gave him $10 million. I remember in my time, one scout goes (to Venezuela and) 30 players show up. Now, 30 scouts go there and one player shows up. In our country, we play baseball. That’s no choice. Here you can play basketball, you can be another athlete, you can do so many things when you have the opportunity. And that’s why there’s not many (African-American) players out there."

There has been some concern about the number of African-American baseball players. Many blacks are choosing to play other sports instead.

Black players accounted for 10.2 percent of major leaguers in 2008, the most since the 1995 season, according to the University of Central Florida’s Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports.

"I keep saying a lot of times, in 10 more years American people are going to need a visa to play this game because we’re going to take over. We’re going to," Guillen said.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Torii's my guy.
PHOENIX —

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, a Venezuelan, scoffed at Hunter’s remarks before Wednesday’s game against the Oakland Athletics. Angels spokesman Eric Kay said Hunter will not further discuss the subject.

"I was laughing because when he said, ’They go there and sign for potato chips,’ I said, ’Well, we’ve got Chapman. They gave him $12 million. (Cincinnati actually agreed to a $30.25 million, six-year contract with pitcher Aroldis Chapman.) We’ve got (prospect Dayan) Viciedo. They gave him $10 million. I remember in my time, one scout goes (to Venezuela and) 30 players show up. Now, 30 scouts go there and one player shows up. In our country, we play baseball. That’s no choice. Here you can play basketball, you can be another athlete, you can do so many things when you have the opportunity. And that’s why there’s not many (African-American) players out there."

There has been some concern about the number of African-American baseball players. Many blacks are choosing to play other sports instead.

Black players accounted for 10.2 percent of major leaguers in 2008, the most since the 1995 season, according to the University of Central Florida’s Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports.

"I keep saying a lot of times, in 10 more years American people are going to need a visa to play this game because we’re going to take over. We’re going to," Guillen said.

Never thought I would be quoting Ozzie Guillen, but he makes sense (In this isolated case
laugh.gif
)

Hunter is just back pedaling like Carmelo at this point.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

"Even people I know come up and say, 'Hey, what color is VladimirGuerrero? Is he a black player?' I say, 'Come on, he's Dominican. He'snot black.' "

"As African-American players, we have a theory that baseball can go getan imitator and pass them off as us," Hunter says. "It's like they hadto get some kind of dark faces, so they go to the Dominican orVenezuela because you can get them cheaper. It's like, 'Why should Iget this kid from the South Side of Chicago and have Scott Borasrepresent him and pay him $5 million when you can get a Dominican guyfor a bag of chips?'

"They're not us," Torii Hunter tells USA Today. "They're impostors." Yeah, he's going there.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
so now domincans can't be black? 
indifferent.gif
According to Ninjahood, no. (And I'm dead serious.)

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If this was a white dude complaining about the NBA snatching all these black kids from the inner city, ya'll would've been all over him, calling him racist and all that crap.

Instead, it's a black dude so you guys give him a pass and...."theres some truth to that".  Where's the truth.

tired.gif

I'll say this though.
Finding a Dominican who will even acknowledge having any connection to blacks is....difficult. To say the very least...

Back
Top Bottom