NYC HS Football Star Stabbed and Killed by Parking Lot Attendants *Fight vid on pg. 5*

About 6 years ago a buddy of mine was fighting two kids a few years younger than him at the same time outside his house (a group of kids confronted him at his house). One of the kids pulled out a knife and stabbed my friend once in the heart during the course of the fist fight. My friend was pronounced dead about an hour later. In 2009 a jury found the kid not guilty of murder charges.

So to answer a lot of peoples' frustration on here.. yes a person can be found innocent of murder charges if he stabbed someone in the course of a fight. The court system is a joke. My friend was outnumbered 2 to 1, got stabbed to death, and justice was still not served.

New York self-defense laws:

http://selfdefenses.com/forcespray/SD-law.html

Sec. 35.15 Justification; use of physical force in defense of a person.
1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subdivision two, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he reasonably believes such to be necessary to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by such other person, unless:
(a) The latter`s conduct was provoked by the actor himself with intent to cause physical injury to another person; or
(b) The actor was the initial aggressor; except that in such case his use of physical force is nevertheless justifiable if he has withdrawn from the encounter and effectively communicated such withdrawal to such other person but the latter persists in continuing the incident by the use or threatened imminent use of unlawful physical force; or
(c) The physical force involved is the product of a combat
by agreement not specifically authorized by law.
2. A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:
(a) He reasonably believes that such other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Even in such case, however, the actor may not use deadly physical force if he knows that he can with complete safety as to himself and others avoid the necessity of so doing by retreating; except that he is under no duty to retreat if he is:
(i) in his dwelling and not the initial aggressor; or
(ii) a police officer or peace officer or a person assisting a police officer or a peace officer at the latter`s direction, acting pursuant to section 35.30; or
(b) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible sodomy or robbery; or
(c) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary, and the circumstances are such that the use of deadly physical force is authorized by subdivision three of section 35.20

New York self-defense laws:

http://selfdefenses.com/forcespray/SD-law.html

Sec. 35.15 Justification; use of physical force in defense of a person.
1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subdivision two, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he reasonably believes such to be necessary to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by such other person, unless:
(a) The latter`s conduct was provoked by the actor himself with intent to cause physical injury to another person; or
(b) The actor was the initial aggressor; except that in such case his use of physical force is nevertheless justifiable if he has withdrawn from the encounter and effectively communicated such withdrawal to such other person but the latter persists in continuing the incident by the use or threatened imminent use of unlawful physical force; or
(c) The physical force involved is the product of a combat
by agreement not specifically authorized by law.
2. A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:
(a) He reasonably believes that such other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Even in such case, however, the actor may not use deadly physical force if he knows that he can with complete safety as to himself and others avoid the necessity of so doing by retreating; except that he is under no duty to retreat if he is:
(i) in his dwelling and not the initial aggressor; or
(ii) a police officer or peace officer or a person assisting a police officer or a peace officer at the latter`s direction, acting pursuant to section 35.30; or
(b) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible sodomy or robbery; or
(c) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary, and the circumstances are such that the use of deadly physical force is authorized by subdivision three of section 35.20

Here's the scoop, from a DIRECT source (the pops), sad sad story, I'll list it in points so it's easier to read:

-Cologne wasn't his son's, it was his
-When he went to the side panel where the cologne is, the box was still there but the cologne was missing
-He goes to confront the attendants, and they pretend that they didn't speak english when they were talking to him fluently before
-The attendant tells the pops that the manager is on a lunch break
-The attendants then made a phone call which was supposed to be for the police but it ended up being a young dude who was supposed to be the manager
-The attendants then tell the pops that the manager is on vacation
-The pops heard them saying some racist stuff in spanish
-One of the attendants said "give me the knife" in spanish, fight starts
-Scuffle occurs inside the office where there are cameras
-His son came to help him and one of the attendants pulls out a MACHETE and a jailhouse type ice pick from the office
-Father was cut in the arm by the machete, father picks up a shovel and hits attendant
-Son was stabbed with ice pick
-They kept fighting until they were able to close the door to the office to separate them from each other...
-Father didn't know his son was stabbed until he got back to his car, son said he was good until he started spitting up blood, father takes him to the hospital immediately
-Father gets arrested for assault charges
-Father gets arraigned and doesn't know his son is dead (the video you see on the news with him in court at the time he doesn't know his son is dead) He was asking the COs in bookings and they kept dancing around the question
-Father finds out son is dead after he gets released

30t6p3b.gif

And to top it off, from the report it doesn't look like anything is going to happen to the people who killed his son. He accepts the fact that they are making it out to be his fault and he is fine with serving time for the assault. But his son dying is already bad enough, the fact that the attendants doesn't get charged is ###!%$++. I hope this becomes national and Al Sharpton gets involved someway.

Here's the scoop, from a DIRECT source (the pops), sad sad story, I'll list it in points so it's easier to read:

-When he went to the side panel where the cologne is, the box was still there but the cologne was missing
-He goes to confront the attendants, and they pretend that they didn't speak english when they were talking to him fluently before
-The attendants then made a phone call which was supposed to be for the police but it ended up being a young dude who was supposed to be the manager
-His son came to help him and one of the attendants pulls out a MACHETE and a jailhouse type ice pick from the office
-Father was cut in the arm by the machete, father picks up a shovel and hits attendant
-They kept fighting until they were able to close the door to the office to separate them from each other...
-Father didn't know his son was stabbed until he got back to his car, son said he was good until he started spitting up blood, father takes him to the hospital immediately
-Father gets arraigned and doesn't know his son is dead (the video you see on the news with him in court at the time he doesn't know his son is dead) He was asking the COs in bookings and they kept dancing around the question

30t6p3b.gif

And to top it off, from the report it doesn't look like anything is going to happen to the people who killed his son. He accepts the fact that they are making it out to be his fault and he is fine with serving time for the assault. But his son dying is already bad enough, the fact that the attendants doesn't get charged is ###!%$++. I hope this becomes national and Al Sharpton gets involved someway.

30t6p3b.gif

And to top it off, from the report it doesn't look like anything is going to happen to the people who killed his son. He accepts the fact that they are making it out to be his fault and he is fine with serving time for the assault. But his son dying is already bad enough, the fact that the attendants doesn't get charged is @+!+!*#%. I hope this becomes national and Al Sharpton gets involved someway.

30t6p3b.gif

And to top it off, from the report it doesn't look like anything is going to happen to the people who killed his son. He accepts the fact that they are making it out to be his fault and he is fine with serving time for the assault. But his son dying is already bad enough, the fact that the attendants doesn't get charged is @+!+!*#%. I hope this becomes national and Al Sharpton gets involved someway.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

30t6p3b.gif

Wow....not doubting your story at all, but the father's version COMPLETELY contradicts what has been put in the newspapers/TV. 

30t6p3b.gif

Wow....not doubting your story at all, but the father's version COMPLETELY contradicts what has been put in the newspapers/TV. 

Do you really believe every word that comes out of the newspapers/tv tho? They made his son looked like he "charged like a linebacker", tell me that isn't a play of words by stupid journalists to make them look menacing and of course people are going to believe that because he is a football player.......
30t6p3b.gif
You can start with the fact that the reported cologne was his son which was wrong, if they get a small detail like that wrong what makes you think the other details ain't wrong?

Do you really believe every word that comes out of the newspapers/tv tho? They made his son looked like he "charged like a linebacker", tell me that isn't a play of words by stupid journalists to make them look menacing and of course people are going to believe that because he is a football player.......
30t6p3b.gif
You can start with the fact that the reported cologne was his son which was wrong, if they get a small detail like that wrong what makes you think the other details ain't wrong?

30t6p3b.gif
There are two sides to every story....Even though this wasn't a case of police brutality, I wonder if this case will pick up steam like the Sean Bell murder from a few years back? 

It wasn't a good portrait painted of the dad.  His criminal past doest help him in the eye of the public.  Someone has got their facts twisted.  Either the dad doesn't remember things correctly or the attendants are lying.  What you posted is a complete 180 from everything reported. 

30t6p3b.gif
There are two sides to every story....Even though this wasn't a case of police brutality, I wonder if this case will pick up steam like the Sean Bell murder from a few years back? 

It wasn't a good portrait painted of the dad.  His criminal past doest help him in the eye of the public.  Someone has got their facts twisted.  Either the dad doesn't remember things correctly or the attendants are lying.  What you posted is a complete 180 from everything reported. 

I'm cornered in a hut.

I know they could seriously injure/kill both of us with a shovel and/or their fists/feet, and I already have a 10-stitch gash in my arm so I know they're out for blood.

Seeing that they were close enough that I can stab them, means they were both right on top of them.

No question, I'm gonna back them up any way possible and not think twice (a.k.a self-defense).

If you don't want you or your kid stabbed, don't start a fight in the first place. Simple concept.

I'm cornered in a hut.

I know they could seriously injure/kill both of us with a shovel and/or their fists/feet, and I already have a 10-stitch gash in my arm so I know they're out for blood.

Seeing that they were close enough that I can stab them, means they were both right on top of them.

No question, I'm gonna back them up any way possible and not think twice (a.k.a self-defense).

If you don't want you or your kid stabbed, don't start a fight in the first place. Simple concept.

grin.gif
....once again, sorry dude died

but if you gonna act like a goon, just know you can die like one

bright future or not

edit: video below

grin.gif
....once again, sorry dude died

but if you gonna act like a goon, just know you can die like one

bright future or not

edit: video below

Back
Top Bottom